BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok then why??

Why lose a reasonable ( almost SOO level in 2013) reserve Prop, something where we are a little " light on".

Do we have another little ( or big) surprise round the corner?

The word was that all of these offloads were to make room for a big name. Seeing as we're shedding so many we must surely have one more signing left to announce.

Maybe we can let BJ go and play Mateo as a interchange prop. He's got the size and ability to drag 4 guys with his huge arse...

He was great for us when fit. Bad luck he picked up the back injury....you'd have to wonder how much first grade he'll see with the rorters abundance of forwards.

Meehan would have been a good swap if he was still on the Rooster roster. Who makes up our prop rotation now?
I know Marty and Myles can cover prop but besides Jake, who do you consider our (not even best) options?

I actually like the idea of Mateo coming off the bench and playing an artie beetson stint at prop. His lateral movement and size is perfect in the middle for prop at short bursts and he likes a simple role... It was always too much structure for him every time a coach threw the 6 jersey or role at him..

He just got engaged for Christmas - he is so lovely. Hope he gets plenty of game time at the Roosters and enjoys much success. Sad.

Last edited:
Vave, Starling, Burgess, Knight?

Knight looks the most promising, but many posters have tipped him to get a crack at lock at some stages next year.
It's a big ask for Jake and Liam to shoulder the starting prop duties so young.
I wish we raided a couple of raiders last year, Boyd or Vaughan.
If Vave or Starling or even Matteo could fill the JSL role from last year we're still short a couple of viable/reliable back ups. As this off season and last season have shown, mid season transfers could be a small chance to rectify this problem once it's established who can and cannot make the step up or have a break out year.
I'd like it if Baz and Bozo got early Mail on any number of promising- out and out- Props feeling discontent at there respective clubs ala;
Paul Vaughan
Shannon Boyd
Kane Evans
Willis Meehan
Jordan McLean
Reegan Campbell Gillard
Tim Grant
Pauli Pauli
Sauaso Sui
Off the top of my head, hopefully you get the idea, not in the major rep earning years but some about to be.
I'd obviously love Klemmer, Woods, Tamou and that Calibre of player but if we don't get Klem I think we should stay patient as top line props come along only occasionally.
If this doesn't make sense or the auto correct has made a mockery I apologise, I'm pretty 'tipsy'..

Are we playing the most dangerous game of all: All Our Eggs in One Basket"?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8