Blake Green 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
+ 1 for Api to play 7 and DCE to 5/8. Api looks more like a scheming organiser and more and more DCE looks like a runner of the ball who will occasionally hit an outside runner. He can create points and is a very good defender when you factor in that he is a hooker by trade.

Green is not for us...it's not a decision with any foresight and even if he came and played his best football with us next year, he is only going to be adequate and we need more than adequate given the current situation.
Agree re Green.Fair player but hardly a signing for the future.

As for Api,tough individual running player but as far as organizing goes he couldn't run a choco vine over a ****house door.That was obvious in his few games in the halves earlier on.Played well for sure but just doesn't his outside men at all.Walker and Tom need the ball in their hands.

When did manly start signing nuffies.
Oh wait I know they answer they say they signed Trent Barrett

Agree re Green.Fair player but hardly a signing for the future.

As for Api,tough individual running player but as far as organizing goes he couldn't run a choco vine over a ****house door.That was obvious in his few games in the halves earlier on.Played well for sure but just doesn't his outside men at all.Walker and Tom need the ball in their hands.
He was guilty of running a little too much against the Bunnies but as you would have seen yesterday, he throws some very nice passes to put his forwards into the line and threw a lovely times pass out the back for Snake to put Tom T over. He does a pretty good job at directing traffic for a player who spent the whole off-season and most of the season proper training at 9.

Agree.Was obvious yesterday he was given instructions to give early ball and did it nicely in the first half.Kicking game is average but that aint his fault.He is a 9 but is a trier for sure.Like his effort.

Dce and Api in the halves till a youngster comes through
I honestly think DCE and Isaac John in the halves will make a big difference. If Issac can get back from his injury soon, I would be putting him in with DCE, Jamie and Dylan in the centres, then you'll have Jorge and Tom on the wing (as they won't drop Snake).

If we bought Blake Green, then we will go nowhere - John is a better player IMO - has played for his country in the halves and is a very solid player who knows the position well. I'd rather save the cash to get in another forward and look to buy a top liner half for 2018, or give Tom Wright or Hynes a gig in 2018 if they are up to it.

Absolutely agree.John will make a huge difference.I actually think his largely unreported injury has been as costly as any this year.He will be a good foil for DCE and is at least the equal of Green.

DCE John Walker Lyon Williame Tafua Tom as the backline can still win us some games this year.

Possible 2017 team if snake and Skivvi stay on

1.Stewart (Trbojevic)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai (Parker)
5.Trbojevic (Wright)
6.Green
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Meehan
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Koroisau
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Knight
17.Vave

With young guns forwards full of enthusiasm we will be a good chance of finally returning to the top 8. Hope snake and Skivvi leave though they are just disrupting the team with constant injuries and snake is showing no heart needs to turn around if he wishes to keep the fullback spot. And if those 2 do leave we have that extra money to buy some good quick backs centre and wing and a good couple of forwards

no chance stewart plays next year. never seen the bloke play worse in his life.. did you see him literally let nathan cleary through the line? Watch the try and look at snake and tell me he actually tried to stop the try, or at all in that game.

I don't know how good a player Blake Green is. All I know is because he has been in the Melbourne 'machine' under the NRL's best coach that he will have a strong work ethic and be professional.
I can still remember how good Bell was for us when we recruited him from Melbourne.
Why wouldn't you recruit players from a club that continues to excel rather than from clubs who rarely do?

I don't know how good a player Blake Green is. All I know is because he has been in the Melbourne 'machine' under the NRL's best coach that he will have a strong work ethic and be professional.
I can still remember how good Bell was for us when we recruited him from Melbourne.
Why wouldn't you recruit players from a club that continues to excel rather than from clubs who rarely do?
The question should be why are we not more like Melbourne and turn plodders into good first grade players?

The question should be why are we not more like Melbourne and turn plodders into good first grade players?

We did. When we had 11/12 established FG'ers with a structure and cultural attitude, one new player slotted in and lifted. We had a reputation for reinventing discards.

Can't do it when you have used 28 players in 13 games. (not that we have the solid playing group anyway)

Melbourne has 7 forwards that have played every game. New player comes in you don't even notice, the game plan just clicks over. Same spine every week.

If we bought Blake Green, then we will go nowhere - John is a better player IMO - has played for his country in the halves and is a very solid player who knows the position well. I'd rather save the cash to get in another forward and look to buy a top liner half for 2018, or give Tom Wright or Hynes a gig in 2018 if they are up to it.
James Hasson has also played for his country, should we have kept him??

James Hasson has also played for his country, should we have kept him??
Hmm - Ireland is equal to New Zealand in terms of the quality of their national side?

My point is that John is the best option at 5/8 on our books this year and would be my number 6 ahead of Walker, Mateo, Lyon etc - especially given Matai is out and we need coverage in the centres from Lyon and Walker.

Blake Green is not better than Isaac John and is not an upgrade, especially at 31 coming from a well oiled machine like Melbourne into a team that is struggling like ours (he looks better than he is - just look at Widdop who looked like a world beater at Melbourne, and now...not so much). Use that money to go towards another forward and go after a top line 5/8 for 2018, or see if one of our young halves are ready to step up.

Last edited:
is this Johnny Walker carving up the under 20s or something?

The only thing he is carving up is his name on the board as the worst defender of the year. Missed 9 tackles on the weekend and averages nearly 5 per game. We a are paying this guy good coin and so far he has Failed at second row, failed at lock and now there trying him at front row. Needs to go back to grade footy and learn to tackle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6