Blake Green 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why on earth did we sign myles for 3 years. He is terrible now, imagine him in 2 years time. OMG
Signing forwards over 30 for more than a year on big coin is ridiculous. One year and then a performance based review would have been a better decision with Myles.
I don't know this Blake Green at all but signing a 31 year old to be a 5/8 doesn't sound like planning for the future.

If Melbourne are leading the comp and they're getting rid of their 31yo 5/8 the first question you have to ask yourself is why !

They haven't stayed competitive by making dumb decisions.

Massoud's 7th Tackle column has Manly making a two year 700k deal for Blake Green.
Wait 700k a year or 700k over 2 years. If we have paid 700 a year we are getting ripped off. 350 a year is great maybe a little much but he is a good player and moving him form Melbourne will not make a difference, all Melbourne developed players become stars and don't lose it at other clubs. Ryan Hoffman is a great example. Green is a little old but I'm happy for him to be with us for 2 years and give us time to develop a 5/8 like Cust or Wright. Great buy IMO

Wait 700k a year or 700k over 2 years. If we have paid 700 a year we are getting ripped off. 350 a year is great maybe a little much but he is a good player and moving him form Melbourne will not make a difference, all Melbourne developed players become stars and don't lose it at other clubs. Ryan Hoffman is a great example. Green is a little old but I'm happy for him to be with us for 2 years and give us time to develop a 5/8 like Cust or Wright. Great buy IMO
You must have missed Blair's Tiger years of crap and Widdop's Dragon drought .:confused:

Just to name a couple of true Scumo stars who fell to earth :eek:

After a brief 1st grade career in Australia and a few years in England he hasn't got too many miles on the clock. He's the equivalent of a 28 year old ;0p

For $350k a season I don't think he's too bad.

Certainly better than putting our best centre out of position amd wasting his money.

Considering what is on market at present he's the best short term solution.

Possible 2017 backline based in no more signings

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Wright
6.Green
7.Cherry-Evans

Pretty good backline just think Skivvi may retire and hopefully we can get a better winger than wright.

How about Jack Bird instead?

Having said that I'm not sure how bad his arthritis is or how manageable it is. It may be a gamble.

A two year deal on 350k for a solid 5/8th is not a bad move in my mind. It is obviously a short term plan and really the club can still be in the market for genuine top line 5/8th when a huge crop of players come off contract at the end of next year with the increase in salary cap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4