Brad Arthur new Parra coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
voicefromthehill said:
Who has an idea about coaches in Toypta cup or NSW/QLD cups? Any good prospects for coach in other teams?

Paul Stringer - ex Wyong Roos coach.

Alex Chan.

Just for ****s and giggles should get Jim Dymock.

Shoe1 said:
I was hoping parra would be dumb enough to go for Taylor, and therefore we benefit from keeping brad. Good luck to brad, a rare good decision by parra.

Re: beaver, I think we need a hardass coaching the defence. Beaver has the best tackling technique I've seen since Randall, but I think he is a nice guy, and may not be a strong disciplinarian. Could be wrong but that's the impression I get.

That's my only reservation about Beaver coaching.

RE: Brad Arthurat the Eels

They will win a few early then lose a heap and miss the 8. But they won't get their 40th spoon in 2014.

10-12th .....they have a few (not many) things up their sleeve....Lets wait and see what the No Brains Trust do with Reserve Grade etc. first.....

They've got a couple of good players coming in but the culture won't change in a season... Bottom 4 for me.

I think Parra may surprise a few people. They may finish in the 8 as I think they have some good players who need the right person at the helm. Brad has proven to be a great asset as with his finish of the parra season and now at Manly. If he gets a full go I think the Eels will be going pretty good. Brad may aslo be able to teach Parra about the great Manly culture and swing things around.

Their forwards are plodders, without a halfback. Hayne's a sook and their centres are crap. Second last for me, with Wests winning the spoon.

Whichever average players they sign will be talked up as the next Peter Sterling or next Ray Price or whoever - all in a ploy to con some season ticket holders.

After all that I say they run 3rd last.

they need to get rid of sandow, they may then stand a better chance of missing out on the spoon

Fair dinkum .. if Brad can get them into top 8 then he should/must be awarded coach of the year. Anything like 12th and better would be near miracle.

southsideeagle said:
Fair dinkum .. if Brad can get them into top 8 then he should/must be awarded coach of the year. Anything like 12th and better would be near miracle.

They've actually bought a few handy players, so 12th should be doable for them if Hoppa hasn't lost too much and Hayne stays on the field.

Add a few decent players and a quality coach and things can turn around very quickly in modern day NRL. Example: Chooks, 13th to 1st. The Eels won't run first but could easily do quite well next year. (Or come last again, but that would surprise me.)

eaglebuzz said:
They've got a couple of good players coming in but the culture won't change in a season... Bottom 4 for me.

It worked for the roosters. A few of the players noted during GF week that the whole vibe of the place changed as soon as the new coach arrived, they knew he meant business.

Arthur confident that Will H is going to fulfill his contract at parra according to Fox News.

manlyfan76 said:
Arthur confident that Will H is going to fulfill his contract at parra according to Fox News.

Have to laugh at the story saying that Will is now stronger and fitter than when he left the NRL.

I find it hard to believe that he would already be stronger and fitter when he hasn't been training full time for two years.

Arthur is a good coach and the eels will make the 8 next year and be a bogey side again

The only reason the Rorters got from 13th to 1st is that they had a few referees in their corner all year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4