[Resurrected] Bradman Best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's the kinda player you'd rather have than not but he will not change much in terms of our ability to compete each week, so I would rather we address that problem, i.e. hooker and middle forwards.
Lots of teams have won comps with average centres. Good ones are nice but a signing like Best is barely going to change anything. We're on par with the Knights and they already have him so that tells you a lot about the impact he will have at a club that struggles to compete each week.

Last edited:
What percentage of guys actually work out when a club tries to "reform" them i wonder? Can't be a high strike rate.

Focus on young guys with a potential high ceiling like Myers or go and buy quality veteran leadership.
Unless you are the storm not many

It used to be us when we had a strong culture but does not seem to be the case anymore

NO!!!!

Stop recruiting from sides that are outside of the 8. Especially guys that those sides are willing to cut.

Recruit players from the Storm or Rabbits. Look at the influence that Kaufusi, Bromwich's, Finucane, Mark Nicholls, Adam Reynolds have had on their sides.

Wayne Bennett understands this. Why doesn't Manly?

We have recruited the dregs from the Tigers and Saints. Now we want the Knights crap?
There is this little thing called the salary cap...

Whats does anyone think of Aaron Schoupp I thought he was the best centre the Bulldogs had last year signed for the Titans now in Reggie's.
Too many defensive lapses which is why the Dogs were happy to let him go and why he is not in the Titans FG side.

He is a strong ball runner and that’s about it.

Yes please
Would Have Scott in a heartbeat here but he won't be coming we just don't sign quality players anymore
Also, he wont be cheap. We keep upgrading players contracts to keep rival clubs and union at bay, we are caught in such a bind with all this...mmm..

Plus there are plenty of examples of teams recruiting from winning sides and not turning their fortunes around. Bulldogs say hello.
Sure - but they are better than what they were.

I certainly depends on the who part as well. A guy like Kikau is a mercenary and doesn't look to be a leader for example.

Other sides have found a way haven't they?

You only need to find one culture setter like the Sharks have done.
Yes but then you need to round out the 30 with good value players.

I would love to see us make a play for someone like Sorenson, as someone else mentioned on here. We need a player who makes the kind of impact Felise Kaufusi is having at the Dolphins.

Other sides have found a way haven't they?

You only need to find one culture setter like the Sharks have done.
Think they made 3 smart (culture setter) purchases, both the Melbourne boys and Fitzy, who as a player was a freak for effort and did his understudy as a coach in their system under Robo.
Our recruiting over recent years has been very ordinary to say the least, can’t honestly see how Best brings any culture setting values with him, for me it would be very much a case of caveat emptor.

Think they made 3 smart (culture setter) purchases, both the Melbourne boys and Fitzy, who as a player was a freak for effort and did his understudy as a coach in their system under Robo.
Our recruiting over recent years has been very ordinary to say the least, can’t honestly see how Best brings any culture setting values with him, for me it would be very much a case of caveat emptor.
Agreed with all of that.

I don't get the salary cap arguments as to why we can't get one decent culture guy

We seem to find the money to spunk on Tuilagi or Tommy Talau.

Yes but then you need to round out the 30 with good value players.

I would love to see us make a play for someone like Sorenson, as someone else mentioned on here. We need a player who makes the kind of impact Felise Kaufusi is having at the Dolphins.

Sorenson seems like someone who can lead and raise the bar. He's considered one of the older guys in the team. He would be a fantastic signing.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10