Breakout Star of 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Always hard to predict these sort of outcomes .
As a key signing and in an important position which needs some definite improvement, would like to nominate Brooks .
A guy like Bully can hopefully go even a bit better but showed some marked improvement towards the end of last season in any case to sort of being in the 7 o 7 , 5 out of 10 range after generally only being in the 5 or 6 out of 10 on a fairly regular basis
Would not expect him to be a real dominating type forward but certainly need that solid , consistent denfece to compliment his better running impact .
Paulo can apparently be quite useful fielding a high kick similar to Saab and may be able to make a good impression as well with his all round game .
Probably would be more inclined or prefer to see Brooks as the main newer type standout impact player though .

Option One. I think Schuster could be the one to have a real breakout season in 2024.
Option Two. It's either that or he has a "breakdown" season instead, and we don't see him back in the seventeen again this year.

Both options are feasible. However, it would be nice to see him finally reach his potential as a ball playing backrower with us.

I'm going to back him in on option one.
Go Manly.

Last edited:
It'll be folly for anyone to discount one Josh Schuster. He has the most potential upside in the team. At his best he's a game breaker and changer. I think this is the year he lives up to his reputation and price-tag.
I agree and. I hope you are right. My best mate knows Brett Stewart and from what Snake has said to him Schuster still hasn't changed and is still a lazy cxnt. He can't believe how someone at the club actually thought it was a good idea to pay him so much on "potential". I hope he is wrong. For so many reasons I'd love to see him reach the potential we know he has.

Last edited:
I agree and. I hope you are right. My best mate knows Brett Stewart and from what Snake has said to him Schuster still hasn't changed and is still a lazy cxnt. He can't believe how someone at the club actually thought it was a good idea to pay him so much on "potential". I hope he is wrong. For so many reasons I'd love to see him reach the potential we know he has.
Schusters 2021 season was eye opening, and so much was anticipated for 2022, but alas, it wasn't to be, same again in 23.⁸ To some extent Schusters been trading on that 2021 season, but it's now becoming just a fond fading memory to the majority of Manly supporters these days. Jeez, I just hope he comes out of the blocks in March firing on all cylinders for his sake and ours. Theirs a decent footballer somewhere inside there, just hope he can find it.

**** :(

Schusters 2021 season was eye opening, and so much was anticipated for 2022, but alas, it wasn't to be, same again in 23.⁸ To some extent Schusters been trading on that 2021 season, but it's now becoming just a fond fading memory to the majority of Manly supporters these days. Jeez, I just hope he comes out of the blocks in March firing on all cylinders for his sake and ours. Theirs a decent footballer somewhere inside there, just hope he can find it.
Me too ..... I really do. I want him to succeed and reach his potential. The worrying thing is that my mate isn't really a Manly fan or a big NRL follower. He doesn't know Snake well he just knows him as an acquaintance. and would not be fanboying him. He just reckons he is a really, really nice bloke who likes a chat. My mate would not have his own opinion of Schuster and would not proactively bother asking him how Schuster is going? So the comments he hears from Snake about Schuster are unsolicited. Snake is saying stuff like that about Schuster to bloke that he just chats to every now and then and it is not the first time he has mentioned him and his laziness. That's what makes me worry .......

Last edited:
Me too ..... I really do. I want him to succeed and reach his potential. The worrying thing is that my mate isn't really a Manly fan or a big NRL follower. He doesn't know Snake well he just knows him as an acquaintance. and would not be fanboying him. He just reckons he is a really, really nice bloke who likes a chat. My mate would not have his own opinion of Schuster and would not proactively bother asking him how Schuster is going? So the comments he hears from Snake about Schuster are unsolicited. Snake is saying stuff like that about Schuster to bloke that he just chats to every now and then and it is not the first time he has mentioned him and his laziness. That's what makes me worry .......
Damn.....we need him to be back on track this season.....

Yeah unfortunately the club seems to have really mishandled that aspect of his development. He needs to pull his finger out of his arse before he turns into the Nick Kyrgios of the NRL world.

I reckon you are on the money. Although didn’t Seibold come out recently and say he was a good trainer. WTF. I hope there are performance clauses in his contract 🤞

I'm a bit 50 50 on Snake actually passing on these sort of comments Wombat, could be a bit of mischief by your mate. Brett would know that those sort of comments should stay in house or amongst the coaching staff only. If true, it's definitely worrying.

I'm a bit 50 50 on Snake actually passing on these sort of comments Wombat, could be a bit of mischief by your mate. Brett would know that those sort of comments should stay in house or amongst the coaching staff only. If true, it's definitely worrying.
Hey, yeah, I understand what you are saying. The mate in question isn't the type. The whole thing came up because my mate was telling me what a good bloke Brett Stewart is and he just repeated a couple of the conversations that they have had? My mate is not a big fan of footy. Anyway, I guess time will tell us the answer. I only want to see Schuster succeed. I hope you're right.

Why does it need to be kept in house? Publicly sharing that someone is a **** trainer might actually make them accountable as opposed to everyone pretending that everything’s rainbows.

Why does it need to be kept in house? Publicly sharing that someone is a **** trainer might actually make them accountable as opposed to everyone pretending that everything’s rainbows.
If training staff have differing opinions about players, it's probably best to keep it in house. Recently, Seibold said despite outside noise, Schuster is a very good trainer (or words to that effect). Even his most ardent supporters acknowledge that he can be lazy on the field. If he can turn this around, he'll make a lot of Manly supporters happy :)

2024 Crystal Ball

1) Brown- back to Origin best form
2) Humphreys- star in the making
3) The Shu- His back
4) Brooks- Best season as an NRL player ( top 3 for Dally M)
5) Turbo- Injury free season
6) Haumole- Origin squad rep
7) Saab- leading try scorer with 27 Tries
8) DCE- captain of the year
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF

2024 Crystal Ball

3) The Shu- His back
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF
I like your optimism. Most importantly, I would like to see predictions 3, 5, 9 & 10 come to fruition. Beyond all our wildest dreams we could also add an 11th prediction - 2024 premiers 🫰

2024 Crystal Ball

3) The Shu- His back
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF
3 4 and 5 come to fruition and it's all ours baby....

I am hearing great things about young Humphrey and tbh, personally have not been super impressed with him....but someone I respect and has a close knowledge rates him a potential gun and the Manly club see him in a very, very good long term player, so wil be my Smokey ...
I see Brooks being outstanding and really feel Gordie could impact off the pine.

PS - I Loved Jayeagles post above and though seems a long shot, made plenty of good and positive points and plenty of it could be 100% right by seasons end...

2024 Crystal Ball

3) The Shu- His back
9) Manly finish top 4
10) We make the GF
In my opinion order of importance (or prayers to come true)
5 4 3 and 1
If those happen then the rest will follow including 11

The squad certainly has a lot of potential, if we can extract even about 70% of it we can be a top 4 side. My biggest fear is our forward pack not standing up when it counts ala 2021.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8