brookie upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sooty Fan link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=187115.msg327921#msg327921 date=1301272995]
The Hill is a State treasure that should be heritage-listed.
You bet!
Had many a good time on the hill walking back home from DiDi's! :)
[/quote]

Rootin' for the team?

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Sooty Fan link=topic=187115.msg328016#msg328016 date=1301282928]
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=187115.msg327921#msg327921 date=1301272995]
You bet!
[/quote]

Rootin' for the team?
[/quote]

And I thought I was standing on some kid's left over balloon.....

bob dylan link said:
Maybe the hospitals and schools should be fixed before footy grounds.

That's just in my crazy-arsed opinion.

If more people supported a decent team like Manly and went to the footy maybe they wouldn't get sick all the time.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301408537[/time]

Sooty Fan link said:
You bet!
[/quote]

It that how you got Sooty ?

Looks like the Lib's have got Newcastle and all but 2 of the Hunter seats.

You watch the money come pooring in

I saw the same report Bones. Its good news but since then we have found out the Libs need to find $4.5 Billion that Labor didn't tell us was missing (surprise surprise).

The $170 million is to the State Government because they are building Infrastructure NSW which will control the funding for NSW in this state. Warringah Council put the application to them and then a decision is made.

We'll have to wait for the company to be legislated in first which could be a couple of months away. The least we know is that Brookie won't get **** until the Treasury audit is complete in August.

As for Newcastle...YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!

That's how you win an election!!

Jono, its not 4.5 Billion, its 1.6 and more than 50% is in FY14 which is not considered solid data as its too far away and its only 1.6 billion less than what HE budgetted for.

They actually have 200 million more than thought this year.

Every leader says the same thing when they come in about black holes so they don't have to meet their commitments. 

Just heard Ted Bailleu on radio this morning talking about a myriad of black holes in Victoria.  No numbers, no specifics, just that there are a myriad of them. 

Fluffy link said:
Jono, its not 4.5 Billion, its 1.6 and more than 50% is in FY14 which is not considered solid data as its too far away and its only 1.6 billion less than what HE budgetted for.

They actually have 200 million more than thought this year.

Its $4.5 Billion over the next few years. It was something like 1.6 lost in 13/14, then 14/15 was 2.4 Billion (this was forgotten in the report by Roozendaal, probably because of what you said about it being too far away). However, it was enough of a worry for Treasury to include it.

As said before: Roads, Hospitals, schools, law/order (not the show) are far more important than Brookie. However, 20 million shouldn't be hard to find in comparison to the amount of money the state actually makes. To us $20 million is a lot. To the NSW government its like pocket change.

Read the SMH article in general discussion, its 1.6B.

Hit up your mate Mike, they have an extra 200 million next year, get 10% of this, he owes you.

The Gronk link said:
Every leader says the same thing when they come in about black holes so they don't have to meet their commitments. 

Just heard Ted Bailleu on radio this morning talking about a myriad of black holes in Victoria.  No numbers, no specifics, just that there are a myriad of them. 
I've heard a myriad may be an underestimation. It could be a plethora.

I'd just be happy if they put in seats all the way around the oval, or at least new benches to replace the current ones, as some of them are not in a good state.

Oh, and if they increased the size of the kiosk under the Southern Grandstand. That place is a joke.

Oh well. I knew this was coming.

I just heard Gillard on the news and surprise surprise, the free flowing cash bonanza has officially ended. The Feds are tightening the purse strings. Yesterday she set the wheels in motion to start redistributing the GST and which state do you think will lose funding?

This was always going to happen the moment Barry won the NSW state election and given the unprecedented number of safe Labor seats the Libs now hold in NSW getting Federal funding for anything will be like getting blood from a stone.

Despite what Barry is saying, the NSW state gov will not be able to fund the Brookvale Oval upgrade on their own, in fact the state Labor government has spent the last two years ensuring that Barry will struggle to fund a packet of biscuits for the coffee room before 2018. Any money he does get his hands on will not be spent on a safe Liberal seat like Warringah, surely we have all learnt that by now.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else ask Warringah Council why they decided not to apply for the Federal Funding for Brookvale oval at any stage during the last 5 years while they had the chance. Did you get an answer? They found the time to apply for funding for walking tracks at Narrabeen, library signage at brookvale, and maintenance work at Dee Why pool which are all projects that the green councillors wanted done and the funding was recieved. The Federal program required all council projects submitted to include a small percentage of local funding and Brookvale Oval was more than covered by the $6mil already in the bank. There are no excuses.

The real issue was why no-one had their hand out when all the stimulus spending was going on. Basically it seems that noone officially asked. Those representing the area have a lot to answer for, whether or not they were in power!!!

Damn the right wing are good at manipulating data in relation to budgets and interest rates to fuel the mindsets of the uneducated masses that live on AM radio. Yeah it works both ways but the Right seem to do it in a manner not even FOX news could better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4