Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wouldnt it be nice if Admin took us, members, into the new Centre of Excellence through a professionally made video so we can see all the work and the fantastic facility we now have? Besides having a physical tour this would be the next best thing and a fantastic way of further connecting us members to the Club. C'mon Admin show some initiative and enterprise. Thoughts?
My passionate thoughts and what matters most is

I am very grateful for the magnificent work our club has done to produce such awesome facilities for all Manly fans to enjoy watching the best player in the world in Tommy Turbo including other great world class players and the finest up and coming future stars in the NRL

I cannot wait to watch our Great Manly Team devour the opposition from our centre of excellence and that is the most exhilarating connection possible

Last edited:
We need to keep up or we get left behind. A full stadium rebuild is the only way to move forward. I love the hill but it needs to go if we are to be taken seriously as a leading club of the competition.
Some supporters seriously love the distinctive and nostalgic hill and it is indeed a great inspiring sight when the hill is filled with animated and passionate Manly supporters

1643332644067.png

We need to keep up or we get left behind. A full stadium rebuild is the only way to move forward. I love the hill but it needs to go if we are to be taken seriously as a leading club of the competition.
Sorry, I disagree, we need to preserve some of our past. Not saying the whole of the hill, but a reduced area of the hill would be fine by me.

"Some supporters".....LOTS of supporters.
Yes feathered friend . The Hill does need Lots of supporters to fill and when we are winning games the fans fill our whole stadium a well

Last edited:
Sorry, I disagree, we need to preserve some of our past. Not saying the whole of the hill, but a reduced area of the hill would be fine by me.
The hill is and will always be a massive part of our proud history. A modern stadium won't detract from that history, it will build upon it, both literally and metaphorically. If we actually get the funding for a new stadium it needs to be future proof and not held back to appease a few diehard dinosaurs (myself included). If it ever happens I'll be buying a season ticket as close to my normal position as possible. The hill is full of memories but I don't need the grass to keep them alive.

The hill is and will always be a massive part of our proud history. A modern stadium won't detract from that history, it will build upon it, both literally and metaphorically. If we actually get the funding for a new stadium it needs to be future proof and not held back to appease a few diehard dinosaurs (myself included). If it ever happens I'll be buying a season ticket as close to my normal position as possible. The hill is full of memories but I don't need the grass to keep them alive.
Surely, with a name like Will on the hill, maybe you should change it to... Will in the stands !!

Surely, with a name like Will on the hill, maybe you should change it to... Will in the stands !!
Like all great things the hill will come to pass, either by redevelopment or Brookie becoming redundant. It's a matter of when not if. I'm just glad I got to enjoy its heyday.

I'll never change my name, in fact I'm looking forward to telling kids about how they'll never understand how wonderful the good old days were.

Like all great things the hill will come to pass, either by redevelopment or Brookie becoming redundant. It's a matter of when not if. I'm just glad I got to enjoy its heyday.

I'll never change my name, in fact I'm looking forward to telling kids about how they'll never understand how wonderful the good old days were.
Can't argue with that.

I get where you're coming from Hv8, it's progress and all that, but their needs to be a place for the hard core Manly fans to congregate and mingle together, maybe half of the hill will do. In those hard fought tight games at Brookie our players draw strength from the support they get from our fans on the hill.
Its like standing at football here in UK. Its all in the mind as 'something' from the past that people romanticised about.
There are many out there that still love an old WB ute.... loud, uncomfortable, drives like a bus but hey the love is still there. I on the other hand would love a modern, comfortable, aircon infused cruiser that i can start with a smartphone and it works first time every time.
The hill while cute will forever hamper the clubs ability to move forward.

But every side pre 1988 broncs had a hill at some point. It was in their history too was it not? It doesn't make their history any less playing out of sparkling new stadia.

I am sure the bods that matter at the club will invite all members and the local community to visit the site in an opening type of experience before a match is played.

Walk the ground and see the facilities, to get the ‘oohs’ and ‘ashes’ and encourage membership, season tickets and attendance.

If they don’t…

The problem with the hill now is that you get multiple rows of people standing about halfway down the hill, when in days of yore you only stood all game if you were leaning back against the white fence up the back.

It’s not a pleasant place to be anymore, when there is any sort of crowd.

Its like standing at football here in UK. Its all in the mind as 'something' from the past that people romanticised about.
There are many out there that still love an old WB ute.... loud, uncomfortable, drives like a bus but hey the love is still there. I on the other hand would love a modern, comfortable, aircon infused cruiser that i can start with a smartphone and it works first time every time.
The hill while cute will forever hamper the clubs ability to move forward.
This

Gotta love the usual fossils whinging about the "youth" being the future downfall of the still standing hill, which is still slid down by kids (kids? in 2022!?).

Shove ya culture war crap up your asses. We've all got a stadium to build but your drunk, Wormald era-never washed jersey is staggering in the way yelling the same incoherent **** on repeat since the 70's.

If the kids today are so useless I'll personally come round to your house and unplug your router and we'll see how far you get lmao, keep yelling at the clouds while the world passes by fellas 🍻

New stadium looking schmick, hope we get to watch a ball kicked and all stay away from the spicy cough this year.
If my router breaks, I’ll pop down to Sydney Tools, it’s just near Brooky oval. They have heaps of routers there and you don’t need a young bloke to help ya either.
#Silvertails does not endorse Sydney Tools

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8