Brookvale Oval to become Lottoland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That's interesting ..... did the club appeal the original SC decision ?? because they got dusted by FAL and costs were awarded against them in the original ruling by the court back in August. Maybe they settled confidentially on the amount of costs they had to pay and negotiated that down.
It says in favour of the club so perhaps they ruled that they had a valid contract. It technically didn't need to be in writing it's just that it's harder to enforce an oral contract. Having said that if they had been making regular payments to us that show they were acting as though contracted, that helps. They also can't try that bull**** about wanting to get out of it because of the gambling stuff. That's got nothing to do with nothing and wouldn't have been admissible.

The article doesn't say "ruled in favour of the club", all it says is that the Supreme Court dispute has been "settled". All I was wondering was if we appealed the original SC decision, because that went against us completely - from memory they said that the sponsorship contract was invalid because of the issues surrounding the legal authority of the person who signed the contract for FAL. So I don't even know if Coco Joy paid any money to be honest, because the disputed amount related to invoices from the start of the year.

If they appealed and won then that's a great result, but there certainly hasn't been any publicity surrounding that potential event, unlike the original court case which was all over the papers . For all we know the "confidential agreement" could have just been a negotiation on the legal costs claimed against us, if we bargained that down you can still spin that as a "financial win" and "significant settlement" for the club.

Hopefully we did get some money out of them and came out ahead in this whole debacle, but we'll never know I guess.

I've been in the PR business for 40 years and I've spun some bull*hit in my time, but I always tried to make it plausible spin. This statement from Sea Eagles CFO Neil Bare takes the credibility rating to a record low: "Lottoland was the only group we wanted to work with".
Yep, no other business in the world held the local community's value at heart like this giant overseas gambling organisation!

Unfortunately this is where the Club's unwillingness to open up to its supporter base is so flawed. It would be better if the clubs ownership was more in the hands of supporters, rather than being alienated where decisions are made.

What will happen now is that conjecture will dominate, suggested scenarios, more and more often misguided interpretations, then fuelled by media, regarding what actually happened. Supporters are interested parties and are no threat to the administration if things are being handled correctly and explained in full. But again secrecy will prevail possibly later justified in one of Peters' sanitised articles.

I know we as supporters do not have shares in the Sea Eagles company, but our vested interest should give us a right to openness and explanations regarding decisions made. If the Penns did this, the strategies may be better understood and supporters would be...excuse the pun...more supportive.

giphy.gif

Who cares what we are called, Lottoland is not so bad, paid us big coin, gave us sponsorship for the back of our jersey, got some coin out of Coco Joy, and we have $30 mil in promises with interest, thing are looking up! Add in our deal with the Blacktown Workers, sponsorship with URM, an exciting young roster, things could certainly be worse. I don't think we are far away from another decade of dominance, and return to being a powerhouse club once more. There are plenty of wins going our way, and we are staying at Brookie. All we need now is a bunch of wins on the field, and I recon its onwards and upwards for our great club.

Are you on the correct forum?

I wonder if we will scratch a win now, if our lucky numbers will come up, we will really need to play some powerball, and have the whole syndicate on the same ticket!

It's infinitely better than bingoland I guess

The thing I do like about lottoland is that the logo is green, which looks very good on our jerseys, well not too much green as discovered by the coco joy experiment but let's just let that stay in the past

****ing pissed about this absolute ****

Will help us live on I suppose, could've just made them the major sponsor for our away jerseys and place more marketing around for a decent amount of money but no, we rename our brookie to ****ing lottoland @:mad::finger:
Sold the leagues Club, now the naming rights, nothing left to sell....... Zorba & his Family the Penn's

I loathe them changing it from Brookvale Oval to Lottoland. Sounds stupid as hell.

But it does seem pretty apt given our performances. The odds of us winning over the last two years have resembled the odds of winning the lottery.

I still call the mall at Brookvale, 'The Mall' (imaginative? Yep), and I still call Warriewood Square 'Warriewood Square,' and not Centro, or whatever it is/was.

Just out of mild curiosity, WHY HAVEN'T WE BEEN GIVEN ANY GOVERNMENT FUNDING?

Every team seems to be getting something from the government, both State and Federal, except for us. Of course, if I am misinformed about the extent to which other clubs get funding, then I apologise.

In saying that, as long as the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles exist in first grade, then I'm fine.

Geez, I've got a lot of mixed emotions, don't I?

Bugger it. I'm off to beddy-byes.

Night, all.

With Barrett as coach we have as much chance of winning lotto as we gave of winning the comp

I wonder how long it will take the council to try and get their grubby fingers in there somehow.

On the plus side the breweries must be lining up. It would be an almost seamless change to Blottoland.

They could rename it Hairy Donkey Balls stadium and I have no problem with it.
As long as it saves Manly and they win there.
NYEagle
The problem with that name is that you will be alienating some of our four legged supporters, not to mention David Hosking.

Someone has to think of the mules.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10