Brookvale Oval to become Lottoland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
At least we won't need to relocate i can live with the name.Of down the road to blotto land for celebrations.
Do you really think a sponsorship of $1-M is going to "save rugby league on the Northern Beaches and Brookvale Oval"?
That's not enough to pay DCE's yearly salary.
I wonder how much sponsorship it would take to save the word from global warming?

Do you really think a sponsorship of $1-M is going to "save rugby league on the Northern Beaches and Brookvale Oval"?
I wonder how much sponsorship it would take to save the word from global warming?

At least it's a start!

I actually would've thought renaming it something like La La Land considering our recruitment decisions of the last couple of years.

I can live with the name if I have to (but really, apart from 1300 Smiles Stadium, is there a sillier name for a football ground in Australia?), but the spin about "a family company" and "corporate values" is kinda sickening. It's about money, pure and simple. We get that. Why try to convince us it's about anything else?

I think the fact the name is so ridiculous is actually a good thing, as it means that no one will ever seriously refer to it as Lottoland like they would if it was called Holden Stadium or NRMA Stadium. The more ridiculous it is the less likely it will stick. But i think we have just given fodder for journalists for the next 3 years when we dish up inconsistent performances and wether we win or lose looks like a lottery.

I wonder how long it will take the council to try and get their grubby fingers in there somehow.

On the plus side the breweries must be lining up. It would be an almost seamless change to Blottoland.

The naming rights sponsorship was part of the latest agreement and council do get some of the funds to help pay for the high maintenance costs of the oval and have stopped whinging since then.

I wonder how long it will take the council to try and get their grubby fingers in there somehow.

On the plus side the breweries must be lining up. It would be an almost seamless change to Blottoland.
Well council do own the joint not the Penns, so I imagine it is was ever is in the lease.
At least the 85.5 metre sign will be a great improvement to the old girl and soaks up about 1/3 of the deal (if it is a million dollar deal). Great long term investment.

So does that mean an upgrade could be on the cards?
What with 1 million dollars...take out the 300k sign, take out what council will get and u wont get cold beer and warm pies with the balance. It wont go to the ground it will go to the Sea Eagles Pty Ltd.

Last edited:
I'm going to measure the sign and if it is less than 85.5m long there will be hell to pay! You hear me!

Didn't you get the memo? It's not called global warming any more, it's climate change now.

They could rename it Hairy Donkey Balls stadium and I have no problem with it.
As long as it saves Manly and they win there.
NYEagle
Did you just assume it's gender

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10