Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds, Taufua and Trbojevics commit to Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren said:
No, you read it incorrectly. It was a gee up, Harry's ex girlfriend, written by her new boyfriend (Dave)

Bomack, it's fine by me if you are gay, welcome to Silvertails. Like SBS said, we are all different but the same (Love Manly)
You miss the point. There's no humour in making jokes about someone's sexuality it's kinda sad That you think it is. Oh and Darren you are a mistaken I'm happily heterosexual.

Oh and yes welcome Bomack , another new name on here!

And @Darren I'll take your word on it

Plenty of others on here love their dual citizenship, so let's see if the magical RO reappears.

To be honest I don't really care if it is or is not him, we have trolls and I am not chasing everyone. Who do I even send it to at the club? If it is him then it may get him in trouble. To be honest though the club aren't that strict with their staff on this site. It is read by many and some interact.

Even Mr Perry occasionally reads the site.

Whether it is Dave Warwick or not take it either as him or as a troll then get on with your life, it is of no consequence either way and if it is him he has now been strongly encouraged by the reaction never to return so that's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on his identity, either way I won't lose any sleep over it all

fLIP said:
Dan said:
fLIP said:

im not a butt
What other word can you use for a man who brings such rationality to senseless argument?

Boooo!

What a party pooper ;)

Boo to being a level headed non-emotional thinker, to hell with that.

There needs to be a very large "Chilling out" of Sea eagles fans I think. A collective sigh of "whatever, lets just watch the footy"

I am hoping next year brings some conversations about actual football, I miss the analysis though have fallen victim to baseless hate of many teams and admiration of my own. I think I may have to add a weekly Robust debate to spice things up again

Dan said:
To be honest I don't really care if it is or is not him, we have trolls and I am not chasing everyone. Who do I even send it to at the club? If it is him then it may get him in trouble. To be honest though the club aren't that strict with their staff on this site. It is read by many and some interact.

Whether it is Dave Warwick or not take it either as him or as a troll then get on with your life, it is of no consequence either way and if it is him he has now been strongly encouraged by the reaction never to return so that's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on his identity, either way I won't lose any sleep over it all

What if it's really Noel Cleal posting just to cause trouble @dan ;)

Bomack44 said:
Dan said:

What if it's really Noel Cleal posting just to cause trouble @dan ;)

Are you Noel Cleal ? :p

Well this IS a week we should have been talking GF stuff for our team so it's not surprising really that we have got bogged down.

Can we all just "like" each others posts feel the high of clicking on that little plus sign of self esteem boosting energy and shout each other a beer.

So the person you hate most or close to the most just offer them a like it's not hard and it might do them the world of good.

I will start with River and Dan does it work with people who I think have blocked me lol.

Actually that is one river too far for me to travel one like will do for Dan since I need to suck up to the owner lol.

Dan said:

Well frankly I see it as of greater consequence than 10-trolls or spammers combined. Not only is it a gross misrepresentation of a fine man (if "fake") it extends to the integrity of Silvertails Dan (as U are quite rightly proud of). If it were ME, this is one "member" I would spend a little time on. (Not lose sleep over, but surely U can't say U basically don't care?)

You even concede (if it IS Dave) the reaction in this Thread would absolutely convince him not to bother with Silvertails again. Which I see as a massive negative and slur on it's reputation.

If men like Dave, and/or Donny Singe had an occasional say to clarify things (OK'd by the club) that would dissolve a LOT of speculation, propaganda and friction. Allowing more actual footy talk you're hoping for.

Mr.Perry; MWSE Membership; someone somewhere, directly or indirectly must have an avenue to pursue or connect with (and I'd have thought after 10yrs running this place, you'd have some idea how to move toward "clarification"?) If not yourself, at least ONE of the large Leadership Group??

That's just my view. (As said, I've more serious issues to deal with health-wise right now, too).

And thanks to all the support (even though it's too often "behind-closed-doors"here and not on the Forum "floor"; or elsewhere altogether).

You obviously have more time on your hands than I do. So if you want to send emails to various club officials who honestly don't care, then go for it. I on the other hand am going to spend my time doing something that is worth my time and the other parties involved, i.e. make a coffee and do some work

Well no I don't actually ("have more time on my hands" than U right now) @Dan

If U hadn't noticed already. Being your website, all I meant was I'd see it more seriously.

All I do want to add here is, @6/71 I don't see it as "nothing". I saw this Thread as important, even the tangents @Ryan and I went down, to clear some air. (If U see the topic as unimportant, fair enough).The private feedback I got, as well as those openly in the Thread, agree.

And @SeaEagleRock8 , If U are referring to me as "strange" (as I assume) far better to be different than a hypocrite. (You've had as many, if not more "head-butts" and disagreements here this year than me). But you're ALSO in the Leadership Group...As such I'd try far harder to refrain from calling any members "strange" (especially when U have inside knowledge on them). That still applies if referring to anyone here.

But, we clearly disagree on the definition of "leadership" too (amongst other things).

Now I'm finished with this topic. I too have FAR more important matters to deal with.

RiverEagle said:

If U hadn't noticed already. Being your website, all I meant was I'd see it more seriously.

All I do want to add here is, @6/71 I don't see it as "nothing". I saw this Thread as important, even the tangents @Ryan and I went down, to clear some air. (If U see the topic as unimportant, fair enough).The private feedback I got, as well as those openly in the Thread, agree.

And @SeaEagleRock8 , If U are referring to me as "strange" (as I assume) far better to be different than a hypocrite. (You've had as many, if not more "head-butts" and disagreements here this year than me). But you're ALSO in the Leadership Group...As such I'd try far harder to refrain from calling any members "strange" (especially when U have inside knowledge on them). That still applies if referring to anyone here.

But, we clearly disagree on the definition of "leadership" too (amongst other things).

Now I'm finished with this topic. I too have FAR more important matters to deal with.

Thank you for your constant input on how I should run the website, how it survived 10 years without you I will never know.

How exactly you see my input as not taking the website, or the matter seriously is a little confusing, but not unexpected. As you can see from the responses thus far, my view on it is actually extremely logical. The blown out of proportion reactions are the issue, not the person who may or may not be David Warwick, further more the comments by them are not exactly earth shattering revelations or damaging in anyway.

It worries me that anyone thinks the club has this much vested interest in anything a single person can say. If I had to spend my time vetting people on this site, then I would get nothing else done.

A little advice here, stop picking fights with moderators, they arent here to suit your agenda, nor are they here to answer your every critique. They are unpaid volunteers who enjoy the site a whole lot less than others for their more in depth involvement, stop making their jobs harder. They are people with their own views and opinions and they dont come here to start fights, they come here to talk about Manly and help facilitate an environment where EVERYONE can do that in a manner that they want, without fear of being harassed for a view even if that view is contrary to another persons.

Like I have told you in multiple PM's if you don't enjoy the site and you find faults and fights every week, then you probably arent ever going to enjoy the site and you may have a better time sticking to email correspondence with people that share your Manly and world view.

Dan said:
RiverEagle said:

Thank you for your constant input on how I should run the website, how it survived 10 years without you I will never know.

How exactly you see my input as not taking the website, or the matter seriously is a little confusing, but not unexpected. As you can see from the responses thus far, my view on it is actually extremely logical. The blown out of proportion reactions are the issue, not the person who may or may not be David Warwick, further more the comments by them are not exactly earth shattering revelations or damaging in anyway.

It worries me that anyone thinks the club has this much vested interest in anything a single person can say. If I had to spend my time vetting people on this site, then I would get nothing else done.

A little advice here, stop picking fights with moderators, they arent here to suit your agenda, nor are they here to answer your every critique. They are unpaid volunteers who enjoy the site a whole lot less than others for their more in depth involvement, stop making their jobs harder. They are people with their own views and opinions and they dont come here to start fights, they come here to talk about Manly and help facilitate an environment where EVERYONE can do that in a manner that they want, without fear of being harassed for a view even if that view is contrary to another persons.

Like I have told you in multiple PM's if you don't enjoy the site and you find faults and fights every week, then you probably arent ever going to enjoy the site and you may have a better time sticking to email correspondence with people that share your Manly and world view.

ClappingBW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10