Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Jonathon thurston is one of the best players ive ever seen he is also the biggest sook & whinger in the game on a par with that other ufc wrestling prick smith .. The lovefest commentators got it right they win that category hands down both champions ..

Good point there Ryan but his suggested bad behaviour was many years ago with the Dogs. He was very lucky from what I understand that he avoided serious gaol time. But that's another story. Today he seems to be keeping himself out of the spotlight.

Not so much 'keeping himself out of the spotlight' as media up there turning a blind eye to what their heroes get up to. As other posters have said, I've heard some pretty recent stories of Thurston carrying on like a pork chop (friends were his next-door neighbours).

I be honest I don't get the hysteria. Jamie burst onto the scene but does not show enough of those flashes if brillance. He has great potential as edge runner like beaver. he try v rabbits in 2013 and the one v saints are perfect examples. In between all that he gets rag dolled a lot unfortunately the game has become big mobile 100 kg forwards as a minimum.
Greg Bird is simply a joke of a signing at 32 what will we gain here not a thing, massive risk like parra with watmough.

There was at least one of those tries this year, running off DCE's hip. Sort out the hooker and 5/8 issues and you'd probably see much more of that. But apparently the powers that be are desperate for another douchebag instead :(

I be honest I don't get the hysteria. Jamie burst onto the scene but does not show enough of those flashes if brillance. He has great potential as edge runner like beaver. he try v rabbits in 2013 and the one v saints are perfect examples. In between all that he gets rag dolled a lot unfortunately the game has become big mobile 100 kg forwards as a minimum.
Greg Bird is simply a joke of a signing at 32 what will we gain here not a thing, massive risk like parra with watmough.
To be honest bird is a better player than buhrer. He's bigger, more aggressive, better defender, would make more meters and would be more dangerous in attack, but as a person buhrer is a much better person and respected. Im not that fussed if we lose jamie only concern bird is 32 but he hasn't slowed down greatly over the last few years and rarely gets injured. Off the field is a bit of a goose but on the field he still gives it 100%
I've never really see him be lazy and not interested unlike myles. Bird is very competitive

Last edited:
Not so much 'keeping himself out of the spotlight' as media up there turning a blind eye to what their heroes get up to. As other posters have said, I've heard some pretty recent stories of Thurston carrying on like a pork chop (friends were his next-door neighbours).
Can you tell us the stories but just change his name?

Myles was a great player but has not had any form this year with us.
I just worry if we sign Bird the same thing will happen. He hasn't had that many injuries over the years, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if he signs with us he will be spending some time on the sidelines.
Also don't forget his judiciary record as he is no angel, add to that "Manly Loading" and he may spend a lot of time on the sidelines.

Can you tell us the stories but just change his name?

Haha, I think it's already too late for that. But along the same lines as others have mentioned, just the bits the neighbours see ie passed out on the front lawn at 3am on a Wednesday type stuff!

Myles was a great player but has not had any form this year with us.
I just worry if we sign Bird the same thing will happen. He hasn't had that many injuries over the years, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if he signs with us he will be spending some time on the sidelines.
Also don't forget his judiciary record as he is no angel, add to that "Manly Loading" and he may spend a lot of time on the sidelines.
I think Bird won't be another Myles cause Myles the way he plays is simple and he has not changed across his career. Bird on the other hand has evolved his game into a ball playing backrower. Plus bird plays the game fast where Myles plays it slow and simple.

This thread is getting closer and closer to 666 posts, bozo confirmed?

As other posts have said, he has. But he is one of the "chosen few".

Bird is no saint, but don't delude yourself about other players.
So what has Thurston done in his 30's that Bird hasn't?Oh,a premiership,but Thurston did that in his 20's too!

In popular parlance, it doesn't get better than this - if you are say a Newtown, North Sydney or Hunter Mariners supporter.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10