Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
its gonna suck to see him in those colours but the one positive i can get out of this is that i would rather end up with bird than uate in a swap.
who knows, maybe he can inspire the younger players in a similar way to what b.k. did a decade ago.
onfield not off the field behaviour.
geez i'm clutching at straws here aren't i?

The bloke has previously been a dick off the field, but don't for second think this recent stuff in the papers was anything at all. Its a total beat up.

And his previous "indiscretion" of pissing in public at Byron.....please.

That said, I'd much rather he never pulled on a Manly jersey.

Geez wow we have one agreesive pack...

Trbojevic
Koroisau
Lussick
Taupau
Bird
Fonua-Blake
Matagi
Hopoate

Keen as for 2017.
Matt Parcell is a better option than Api Koroisau IMO, not a fan of Api's passing game but I do love his defence. Parcell is a safer option...

8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Martin Taupau
12. Jamie Buhrer (Shaun Lane if Buhrer leaves)
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Suaia Matagi
15. Jamil Hopoate

Honestly mate, what is with us and luring all the Titans scrubs & has beens? There is a reason when Myles / Cartwright / Ferris were there in their last 5 years, they came:

14th from 16
14th from 16
9th from 16
11th from 16
16th from 16

Funnily, now that we have all their off cuts, they make the 8, and we come 14th
Is there some sort of nrl stonecutters' fortune wheel that manly signed up for? "We'll let you win a few years as long as you agree to carry the dregs for a few years afterwards." We do. Our valued members carty and Nate need ongoing employment.

The bloke has previously been a dick off the field, but don't for second think this recent stuff in the papers was anything at all. Its a total beat up.

And his previous "indiscretion" of pissing in public at Byron.....please.

That said, I'd much rather he never pulled on a Manly jersey.
Whilst Burd's recent behaviour may seem beaten up,they are not actions of a professional footballer in his 30's.There are reasons players like Cronk,Smith and Thurston are always successful and it's not just talent.

Whilst Burd's recent behaviour may seem beaten up,they are not actions of a professional footballer in his 30's.There are reasons players like Cronk,Smith and Thurston are always successful and it's not just talent.

Thurston's no clean skin either mate.

With all due respect....please.

He helped try and break up a fight at one bar then was part of a group that was asked to leave from another pub. No issue or drama and part of a group.

And if you have not relieved yourself in public on the drink, the you are in the vast minority.

Don't take my defence of him to be a support of his signing.

I just personally think a lot of the stuff in the past few years about Bird is a pile of steaming horse****.

Thurston's no clean skin either mate.

Good point there Ryan but his suggested bad behaviour was many years ago with the Dogs. He was very lucky from what I understand that he avoided serious gaol time. But that's another story. Today he seems to be keeping himself out of the spotlight.

Back to Buhrer, has it been confirmed anywhere other than on NBN news that he's gone? Still nothing from the club and not a mention in todays' "Manly Daily".

I be honest I don't get the hysteria. Jamie burst onto the scene but does not show enough of those flashes if brillance. He has great potential as edge runner like beaver. he try v rabbits in 2013 and the one v saints are perfect examples. In between all that he gets rag dolled a lot unfortunately the game has become big mobile 100 kg forwards as a minimum.
Greg Bird is simply a joke of a signing at 32 what will we gain here not a thing, massive risk like parra with watmough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8