Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 26, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 42
Accor Stadium
27 Aug 2023 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m feeling flat and unexcited. A particularly disappointing season yet again.
Given the injuries and the fact our finals "push" is finally over, I think it's going to be hard for us to find much motivation for the last two games. So I will be surprised if we win either game. I hope we do, but at this point I think we are completely out of gas.

Not from me mate. I'm just going with the flow like everyone else now, and will just accept losing as path of the course (for whatever reason or excuse we always seem to produce). This past week has shown me there's no point being passionate and vocalizing those emotions 🤷‍♂️ . Just shrug the shoulders, keep everyone happy, and expect losses (and to miss out on finals).

Numerous posters have stated people who get emotionally charged and invested in the results basically have something wrong with them, and need to adjust - so adjustment incoming.

We lose to The Dogs (guessing it's expected), so meh, who cares I guess. Let's just talk about the good parts of the game during and after full-time (if there are any).
Pretty poor that we've gotten to this point where most of us stuck on , emotionally charged supporters are now viewing this clubs performance like we've all been lobotomised. I need that emotional outlet during the season. To yell, scream abuse at the TV. To feel the highs and lows. Now I can't even get the lows because there's no lower we can go. Fuk me I think I need a new hobby.

Given the injuries and the fact our finals "push" is finally over, I think it's going to be hard for us to find much motivation for the last two games. So I will be surprised if we win either game. I hope we do, but at this point I think we are completely out of gas.
Same can be said for the Bulldogs and Tigpies..

Pretty poor that we've gotten to this point where most of us stuck on , emotionally charged supporters are now viewing this clubs performance like we've all been lobotomised. I need that emotional outlet during the season. To yell, scream abuse at the TV. To feel the highs and lows. Now I can't even get the lows because there's no lower we can go. Fuk me I think I need a new hobby.
Dana White Slap GIF by Norwalk Brew House

Found a new hobby for you, although its probably no different to being a Manly fan this season.

I reckon the boys will rip in for the last two games. My reasoning is that blast Siebold gave in the presser. He didn’t give a shiit about any fines, and stood up to the piss-poor reasoning that ended up with a broken back for Reuben. I hope that gets the blokes pumped up. It was a defining moment for Seibold and the team as a whole I thought. Time will tell.

Every question they asked Bully was about another player but couldn't ask him the most relevant one...about if he's re-signed!
Woodsie has plenty of knockers but I gotta say he has maroon & white blood and genuinely loves being here. While he's not a game changer, imo we could do worse than have him with his experience as well as his Manly passion.

Every question they asked Bully was about another player but couldn't ask him the most relevant one...about if he's re-signed!

Woodsie has plenty of knockers but I gotta say he has maroon & white blood and genuinely loves being here. While he's not a game changer, imo we could do worse than have him with his experience as well as his Manly passion.
Yeah credit where credit is due , well in the last couple of games at least and Woodsy has settled into a good steady playing role . Just simple stuff but also safe and reasonably effective .
Still would have Sam Fainu ahead of him just on ability level at present and a bit more impact but that issue has been settled for better or worse for some time now

Questions are all politically correct orientated by the reporter, can't be asking those sensitive questions that would informing our fans on stuff that they want to hear.

Questions are all politically correct orientated by the reporter, can't be asking those sensitive questions that would informing our fans on stuff that they want to hear.
Lol. What answer could he give that would inform fans?
"Yes It's in the hand of my agent and I'm confident a deal will be done soon, I love it here blah blah
"No i have enjoyed my time here but it's all looking forward now, on to my next adventure, Gawd knows where that will be"
"I haven't heard anything I'm getting a bit worried, I hope they still like me"

Here's hoping we all get to see the start of maybe the next 'Max Krillich' in Gordie.

Max was graded by Manly in 1969, and didn't get to play first grade till 1974 - he had a World Cup hooker named Freddie Jones in front of him. Max was so good, he got selected to play City Seconds while still playing reserve grade with Manly. Ended up being Captain of the national team. Serious ability and commitment.

I know that we've all been waiting to see what Gordie brings - he's been playing with Manly since the under 16's (back in 2018 I think), so like Max, it's been a wait of approximately five years.

These last two games should give us a good look on what a rotation of Froggy / Gordie can bring next year. We've all (mostly) been on about how much we need more dynamism from the dummy half space, and if this combo can deliver, it gives the club a big missing piece of the puzzle in attack and getting over the advantage line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10