Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan link said:
I wouldnt get too smug until we see what the  4 Corners show reveals if it actually  gets to air.

I actually think it won't get to air. Just in case they report wrong facts again.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
My money up here (QLD) is the Titans have all sorts of drama's....but I do add it's just what I hear no concrete information I can provide.

And whilst the \"Scott Prince gets a free house\" deal is supposed to be dead and buried, a LOT of people are saying it's the tip of the iceberg.

Mark,I wonder how hard they'd hammer them.I think it would be the dead-set minimum penalty.A few have had suspicions that they get a "bit of slack" to help NRL look good against the AFL franchise.I know that sounds "conspiracy theory",but look at the decisions they seem to get at skilled.(not just against us,but ALL teams).

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183804.msg270854#msg270854 date=1277884838]
I wouldnt get too smug until we see what the  4 Corners show reveals if it actually  gets to air.

I actually think it won't get to air. Just in case they report wrong facts again.
[/quote]

Like she did with Matty Johns last year???

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183804.msg270857#msg270857 date=1277885897]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. I'm surprised that Matty didn't go after her in the courts.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183804.msg270882#msg270882 date=1277890504]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you know why he didnt??

Because you cant go after people for telling the truth.

Dont you think he would of if he had a chance of winning and stopping that report coming out.

He admitted what was reported was fact, never denied a thing so what could be gained by going to court.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183804.msg270885#msg270885 date=1277891350]
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183804.msg270882#msg270882 date=1277890504]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you know why he didnt??

Because you cant go after people for telling the truth.

Dont you think he would of if he had a chance of winning and stopping that report coming out.

He admitted what was reported was fact, never denied a thing so what could be gained by going to court.

[/quote]

Just got the impression that the way it was reported it sounded like he did something illegal.

As I recall it the way it was reported did not focus on whether a crime was committed.  I don’t think it was ever questioned that the woman had consensual sex with Johns, it was more what happened after that including his role in allowing or encouraging others to join in. Of course, in any sexual encounter, group or otherwise, consent is a live issue - and certainly where a person is substantially intoxicated.

The report focussed on the complaint by the woman that the event had a very bad effect on her and continues to. It raised serious questions about standards of behaviour and attitudes to women, in particular within the rarefied cultural setting of NRL teams. I agree with BD on this one.

trent, kris and the two bens (barba & roberts) into two positions? they may as well re-sign kimmorley too.

It's an interesting ploy by St George to sign Gasnier for peanuts this year to bolster their attack.  Maybe we can sign all the best ones for nothing in the first year, therefore assuring us of a GF win, and then paying them heaps for the next x number of years until their contracts have run out and then doing it again,  We'd win a GF every five years is my guess.  Someone should investigate these goons.

DSM5 link said:
It's an interesting ploy by St George to sign Gasnier for peanuts this year to bolster their attack.  Maybe we can sign all the best ones for nothing in the first year, therefore assuring us of a GF win, and then paying them heaps for the next x number of years until their contracts have run out and then doing it again,  We'd win a GF every five years is my guess.  Someone should investigate these goons.
What's more ludicrous is that Schubert told the dragons how to 'structure' the deal to fit him under the cap.

Mark, the Goons would have had to run the deal past Shubert.  You will never get any reform in the cap audit area while the NRL employ ex-players or ex-officials associated with clubs.  A complete break from influence is the key.  It won't happen as the NRL are run by a clique for the clique.  The clubs not in the 'inner circle' should rise up and challenge this cosy relationship.     

WAMF link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183804.msg271634#msg271634 date=1278286417]
What's more ludicrous is that Schubert told the dragons how to 'structure' the deal to fit him under the cap.
[/quote]

I have no issue with that.  Getting advice to make sure you dont break the rules is fine with me. 

Garts, the thing is that what the Goons are doing with Gasnier is hardly in the spirit of the cap.  He's worth only $240K per season?  Please.  Shubert should be above 'advising' clubs.  He's employed by the NRL to administer the cap, not advise the clubs how to rort the thing.  I wonder if he's down in Melbourne advising them how to overcome their little rort.  The NRL auditor should be impartial, not a lifeline to teams like the goons, storm, titans on how to fit as many talented players under the cap by dodgy means in order to win the comp. 

Schubert is not advising the Dragons how to rort the cap just work within the existing rules.  I agree that the rules might need changing however what is happening now is legal so I have no issues.  I remember us doing some things with sign on bonuses, frontloading or backloading contracts if I remember correctly.  This is all the Dragons are essentially doing from what I can gather. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2