Buzzhead Rothfield is at again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darrell Williams spoke briefly and well at the pre-match function in Brisbane. I was surprised to hear him sitting in the seat directly behind me in the away bay on the phone to someone and making his own commentary for the last five minutes of the Brisbane game, and it was worthy of a professional.

If this is the sales guy they've hired to sell the club, they've done well.

And I sell **** for a living.

Daniel said:
So let me adjust my foil hat here a minute. Craig, you are saying that the Penns, helped to fire a relative of theirs to increase the bad press and in turn bring about a fall that leads to their sole ownership.

I don't remember that in the art of war.

Penn and Perry work very closely together and both are just as miffed as each other over the continued press sabotage.

Penn had said in the press he tried to keep zorba. Perry is close to Williams and Reilly. They are mates and stood up to Zorba . I see them all the time together at the games and out and about.

I have said this before but lowie Reilly Williams,Gianford all wanted Perry. Penn had his own man who he pushed for CEO. He didn't get the job because Reilly blocked him. He now works in Penn's offices. I think his name is Gosha, son of a former N R L referee

So what you are saying love footy is that there are still factions and Reilly is trying to block the club owners decisions and seek his own control of the club?

Cameron said:
lovefooty said:
Craigm said:
Another telegraph/ritchie/rothfield attack on a non-Penn Director.

Zorba may have been the conduit for much of this stuff to his mates ritchie and rothfield, but the agenda is not his.

This is just another shot in the Penn family's relentless pursuit of total control of the Sea Eagles that has been going on for the last 5 years.

The Penns are not interested in working with Quantum and the Football Club as co-owners. They want total control. Nothing less will do.

The last thing we want is the Sea Eagles in the hands of one owner like the Searle at the Titans or Tinkler and the Newcastle Jets soccer.

Time to get URM to put their money where their mouth is. The more owners the better I say so maybe then the Penns will realise they can never get full control and instead, they can finally get on with working together. Only then will the boardroom brawling end.

I have noticed this over the years. Delmege was attacked by these guys. They have all links to zorba,he is related to the Penns.The football club directors have all been on the back end of bad stories by the Telecrap. Quantum were attacked in the last few months.

Penn was quoted last year that he wants full control. I think that is why they got zorba to stand for the two membership boards. (F/C L/C)

hey buddy

just to correct you the whiteant had been on the LC board for some time he was actually bob's deputy chair man

Sorry your spot on but the Penn's now have the L C vote on the sea eagle board and they are pushing to get control of the football club board votes on the S E board. Who stands in there way Williams, Reilly and the other F/C board members. zorba excluded, He is a Penn relo.

Daniel said:
So what you are saying love footy is that there are still factions and Reilly is trying to block the club owners decisions and seek his own control of the club?

No ,only that that all the others including Quontum thought Perry was the right man for the job and not a yes man for one out of three other owners.

Daniel said:
So let me adjust my foil hat here a minute. Craig, you are saying that the Penns, helped to fire a relative of theirs to increase the bad press and in turn bring about a fall that leads to their sole ownership.

I don't remember that in the art of war.

LOL

Daniel said:

As a sponsor and a member I dont want this club in the hands of one owner. If the F/C board stand up for this then they have my full blessing.

What has piqued your paranoia?
The scare tactics finally getting to you?

Do you think a sole owner will change anything. All it means is that they will do the best for the business and ensure it is an asset.
That includes not alienating fans, it is after all the fans and sponsors who fund a large part of the business.

Don't believe the crap, sole ownership is not the new communism

Daniel said:

Do you think a sole owner will change anything. All it means is that they will do the best for the business and ensure it is an asset.
That includes not alienating fans, it is after all the fans and sponsors who fund a large part of the business.

So they then take games away (no one to stop them).lose all the history and make decisions on a strict commercial basis like Searle and the place folds. Not smart to have all your eggs in one basket

lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

So they then take games away (no one to stop them).lose all the history and make decisions on a strict commercial basis like Searle and the place folds. Not smart to have all your eggs in one basket

Why would they do that?

Do you want to love the club to death?

If they alienate fans and therefore lose their dollars, both in gate takings, sponsorship, membership and merch, you think they would still do the same.

They need the fans onside.

By the way, sole ownership won't make this a reality, it can just as easily happen with dual owners. The deciding vote sits with the FC so it doesn't matter who owns the club.

Stop eating the bs sandwiches that people are trying to feed you

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

Why would they do that?

Do you want to love the club to death?

If they alienate fans and therefore lose their dollars, both in gate takings, sponsorship, membership and merch, you think they would still do the same.

They need the fans onside.

By the way, sole ownership won't make this a reality, it can just as easily happen with dual owners. The deciding vote sits with the FC so it doesn't matter who owns the club.

Stop eating the bs sandwiches that people are trying to feed you

And that's why I support the F/C as they will keep the bastards honest and look out for the things that make this a club and not just a business. That my friend is no bull**** sandwich.

But they aren't dishonest. How do you know they FC is honest?

At the end of the day it comes down to the following.
Do you want a club to follow wherever that will be, or do you want it to die out at brookie?

Are they a bastard if they tip in their own money to keep the club afloat?

lsz said:

This is the part I dont understand they have been running us out of their own pockets and we have been in the red, yet they are some rogue and evil agent trying to take our team cron us.

Foolish

Daniel said:

Do you want a club to follow wherever that will be, or do you want it to die out at brookie?

And Dan there it is.
Brookvale has a long way to go before we give up on it .
I have read before that you are in QLD and I understand that but We will have another 20mil from Abbott our local member when he wins office.
Even if you don't like him look at what Howard did for Kogara.
I know the Penn's would like to sell more games away from brooky and that's why I am a F/C member. The 10 home games are the members. They never got sold off in privatization.

Daniel said:
lsz said:

This is the part I dont understand they have been running us out of their own pockets and we have been in the red, yet they are some rogue and evil agent trying to take our team cron us.

Foolish
Too be fair and I am fan of the penns.
The leagues club, max and the Sidney's have all put cash in too.

I think having more the one owner is an insurance policy for our club. Wealth can come and go. Pre gfc who would of thought max would have cash flow issues? What would of happen if max had of been our sole owner.

The thing we have going for us is that Dave Perry seems to be able to get factional stuff put to the side and can work well with all 3 owners.

I'm speculating here but I doubt at manly level there would be much doing between zorba and penn. I think zorba is beating his own drum at the moment as is obviously out to make things tough for Dave perry through his little mates at holt street.

lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

And Dan there it is.
I have read before that you are in QLD and I understand that but We will have another 20mil from Abbott our local member when he wins office.
I know the Penn's would like to sell more games away from brooky and that's why I am a F/C member. The 10 home games are the members. They never got sold off in privatization.

Jeez your eyes must be itchy from that wool.
We won't get a cent from Abbott. Even if we do, the council will syphine it away again and we will have to play at least one season away from brookvale, by which time the league will bring in a change forcing us away from suburban grounds.

I now live in QLD but only for the past 5 years, I regularly attended games all over Sydney and to be honest it wouldn't have phased me to go to the Moore park each week.

The world is moving on to quote the dark tower. You are going to need to eventually get used to that.

Trust me Abbott will have a hard time justifying $20m for a sports ground in Sydney when he has 9.5% unemployment and major road upgrades in towns like Hervey Bay that need doing

Political stunts aren't going to get that man in power and keep him there.

Your issue is that you have spoken with one faction and swallowed everything you have been told without actually asking the position of the other party. All this "they want to take us away from brookie" thing was and is a myth that was put around as a fear exercise to sure up the opinion and position of another

When the NRL licenses are next renewed the Sydney clubs will be forced to take marque games to 2-3 venues. Making all this redundant. Then all that will matter is who has the money to pay the bills to at least keep us competitive with one-club-city teams.

Daniel said:
lovefooty said:
Daniel said:

And Dan there it is.

Jeez your eyes must be itchy from that wool.
We won't get a cent from Abbott. Even if we do, the council will syphine it away again and we will have to play at least one season away from brookvale, by which time the league will bring in a change forcing us away from suburban grounds.

I now live in QLD but only for the past 5 years, I regularly attended games all over Sydney and to be honest it wouldn't have phased me to go to the Moore park each week.

The world is moving on to quote the dark tower. You are going to need to eventually get used to that.

Trust me Abbott will have a hard time justifying $20m for a sports ground in Sydney when he has 9.5% unemployment and major road upgrades in towns like Hervey Bay that need doing

Political stunts aren't going to get that man in power and keep him there.

Your issue is that you have spoken with one faction and swallowed everything you have been told without actually asking the position of the other party. All this "they want to take us away from brookie" thing was and is a myth that was put around as a fear exercise to sure up the opinion and position of another

So sell up and go Dan is that your answer, give up now and don't try.
Sorry that's not me. PS it wasn't the football club that registerd the central coast sea eagles a few years ago.
It was Grant Mayer who took a 6 game plan for brooky to the S E board meeting with the backing of the Penns. The Delmege and F/C didn't.

You tell us all the time how you speak to Reilly, have you ever taken your concerns and questions to Penn?

And Byso I don't follow either faction, I am a realist however and see paranoia as a disease.
The realit of it all is that whether we have one owner or two doesn't really matter, the decisions will and should be made for the better of the business not for the nostalgia

This talk of "giving up the fight" and do on is bizarre, I mean what fight? There isn't one but an imagined one against imagined evils. Get a grip

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6