Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FF3F7E6F-B6F0-40A2-84EE-4BD3BFCB6250.jpeg
Bugger !!

I hope Barrett gets the Sharks job but then Manly refuse to release him

Yep, if it were up to me I'd tell Barrett and the Sharks to get well and truly stuffed, even if it means still paying him until July.

Barrett tried to screw us by handing in a 12 month resignation in the middle of the year. Screw him basically.

Cronulla responds to $800,000 NRL fine
CRONULLA has announced it will have two head coaches in 2019 as they made a dramatic response to the NRL’s staggering $800,000 punishment.

Sharks to receive fine, Flanagan to be de-registered

bbe7bd785e76daf63d8f9ab5d907ed3b

Cronulla has announced it will appeal the $800,000 fine handed down by the NRL on Wednesday.

Chief executive Barry Russell said the club will review the evidence compiled by the NRL integrity unit before responding to the breach notice surrounding its dealings with now-deregistered coach Shane Flanagan.

While the club is determined to reduce the impact of the NRL’s financial punishment, they will not take any action on Flanagan’s behalf.

Russell said it is up to Flanagan to decide if he will challenge the preliminary findings of an NRL integrity unit investigation — which saw the premiership winning coach issued a breach notice for breaching the terms of his 2014 suspension. The NRL claims it uncovered a series of emails which show Flanagan had regular contact with club officials throughout his suspension.

Russell’s revelation that the Sharks will seek to have the size of the fine reduced came as the club also announced it will field co-coaches in 2019 following Flanagan’s breach notice.

Cronulla have installed assistants John Morris and Jim Dymock as their caretaker NRL coaches after the provisional deregistration of Flanagan.

“I’ve got confidence in them for the time being,” captain Paul Gallen said of the assistant coaches on Wednesday.

Gallen said the club has survived much worse scandals than the one the club now finds itself in.

“I’ve seen this before,” Gallen said.

“It’s not good. It’s a distraction but at times like these you find out a lot about people. Who’s with you, who’s not.

“I’ve said it before about this club, it’s the most resilient room in Australian sport. We’ve faced going broke half a dozen times, we’ve been through scandals, a lot of which have been our own fault, but we’re still here fighting and we will continue to be.

“Even when we’re struggling in years gone by we’ve still been a team that other team’s don’t want to play.

“No matter how many times we’re kicked when we’re down, we keep getting back up again.”

Flanagan and the club have until the end of January to respond to a breach notice, which is when the NRL will make its final determination.

Until then Flanagan cannot have any official involvement with the club. To avoid punishment it appears the Sharks will have to successfully counter evidence found by the NRL integrity unit that more than 50 emails were sent by Flanagan concerning retention and recruitment.

His first correspondence was sent just weeks after his suspension and continued all the way to September 2014.

The club is believed to have initiated most of the discussions, resulting in the extra $400,000 fine.

No other Cronulla officials have been punished because then-CEO Steve Noyce and then-football manager Darren Mooney are no longer NRL officials.

The whole saga began when Russell self reported an improperly disclosed payment of around $50,000 made to a player in 2015.

Despite Cronulla throwing themselves open to an NRL investigation and ultimately being hit with the full force of the independent commission’s powers, Russell said he does not regret coming forward.

Do people remember that Barry Russell worked for super league in the head office? Conspiracy theorists may theorise he is the nrl’s “Inside man” assigned to take the sharks out. Yeah I know he played for cronulla, but he also worked for ribot.

The Mole: Trent Barrett earmarked as next Cronulla Sharks coach
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
an hour ago

Trent Barrett has emerged as a leading contender to coach Cronulla next season following reports he was spotted at the Sharks’ Leagues Club yesterday addressing the players.

Barrett is still contracted to Manly for next season but the Sea Eagles will be happy to cut him loose after signing Des Hasler recently.

The Sharks need a coach in a hurry after the NRL de-registered Shane Flanagan today for breaching his ban from contacting the club while serving a ban four years ago.

The players are pushing for Flanagan’s assistant and former Sharks utility John Morris to take over the job.

But Barrett is being promoted by crafty veteran manager Wayne Beavis and also has support.

Sacked Panthers coach Anthony Griffin is also in the mix, along with current St Helens coach, Aussie Justin Holbrook.

Former Dragons coach Steve Price has been mentioned but has just agreed to a new deal at Warrington.

Others in contention include Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo and new Roosters assistant coach Adam O’Brien.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...a-sharks/34a4396b-6fc1-4086-b375-eb3243eb1dba

Anyone wonder what all the rubbish about facilities was about should wonder no more

Thanks to Trent most non manly fans (those who do not follow that closely) will think he is a decent coach who was treated badly by the club

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
an hour ago

Trent Barrett has emerged as a leading contender to coach Cronulla next season following reports he was spotted at the Sharks’ Leagues Club yesterday addressing the players.

Barrett is still contracted to Manly for next season but the Sea Eagles will be happy to cut him loose after signing Des Hasler recently.

The Sharks need a coach in a hurry after the NRL de-registered Shane Flanagan today for breaching his ban from contacting the club while serving a ban four years ago.

The players are pushing for Flanagan’s assistant and former Sharks utility John Morris to take over the job.

But Barrett is being promoted by crafty veteran manager Wayne Beavis and also has support.

Sacked Panthers coach Anthony Griffin is also in the mix, along with current St Helens coach, Aussie Justin Holbrook.

Former Dragons coach Steve Price has been mentioned but has just agreed to a new deal at Warrington.

Others in contention include Panthers assistant Cameron Ciraldo and new Roosters assistant coach Adam O’Brien.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...a-sharks/34a4396b-6fc1-4086-b375-eb3243eb1dba
I hear the crafty Wayne Beavis is pushing for a package deal involving the CoCo boy " Brand" and the highly experienced 5 minute a game bench player Lewis Brown . That is 2 for the price of one folks !
I hear the offer will be too hard to refuse .

Anyone wonder what all the rubbish about facilities was about should wonder no more

Thanks to Trent most non manly fans (those who do not follow that closely) will think he is a decent coach who was treated badly by the club
Any excuse to hate and tarnish the Manly Brand will do . Us feathered friends are used to it

And those non-Manly fans would have to be idiots (which is a given, really, because they're non-Manly fans). Given a decent sample size, stats don't lie, and his stats at Toyota Cup and NRL level are appalling. That, plus the way he bleated and carried on while he was trying to get out of here, would have to give ANY club pause. But I guess this gives him a chance to fail at Cronulla as both a player and a coach.

By The Mole
an hour ago

So Barrett now goes to Penn begging for a release... NRL head coach gigs aren’t that easy to come by, especially when you’re a **** coach... so what do you ask for if you’re Penn? I’d say pay back everything Manly paid him since his resignation and I’d grant the release...

So Barrett now goes to Penn begging for a release... NRL head coach gigs aren’t that easy to come by, especially when you’re a **** coach... so what do you ask for if you’re Penn? I’d say pay back everything Manly paid him since his resignation and I’d grant the release...

Nah, grant the dickhead a release with no further pay. Win/Win. 300k back in the bank.

And those non-Manly fans would have to be idiots (which is a given, really, because they're non-Manly fans). Given a decent sample size, stats don't lie, and his stats at Toyota Cup and NRL level are appalling. That, plus the way he bleated and carried on while he was trying to get out of here, would have to give ANY club pause. But I guess this gives him a chance to fail at Cronulla as both a player and a coach.

Gallen talks about the Sharks resilience to carry them through trouble times .
Resilience ?

What is so resilient about the CoCo boy brand ?

The Sharks are a club in turmoil and the fact is that the CoCo boy brand does not do turmoil well at all as he has proven to be a quitter .

Lets have a close look at a quitters characteristics ....
Quitters are not comfortable at being accountable and take no responsibility and liability
Quitters have no answers and only focus on excuses
Quitters believe their own stories (brand )
Quitters have little resilience as they always take the easy way out . Take the money and run .
Quitters have no burning desire to get things done . They just burn up and crumble under adversity
Quitters are never winners .

What are winners really like ?
Winners are people with tenacity , resilience self belief and a positive never say die attitude .
Winners take what little opportunity they are given and overcome challenges along the way and rise like champions
Winners focus purely on solutions and are not overwhelmed or distracted by troubled times
Winners are great role models and lead by example . They look at struggles as a road of hard work to success
Winners are persistent people .
Winners are never quitters .

When the Manly club was looking for answers to their teams horror loses . Trent was looking for furniture at Bunnings .
Mr Excuses Extraordinaire . No idea . No fcking idea !!!

dce-barrett.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8