Can you prove the non-existence of a god?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Splitting an atom just reveals a smaller matter.

colliding creates energy and quite possibly a singularity, CERN are booting up the worlds biggest particle collider next year which should be pretty interesting

It is then transfered from the energy in the atom holding it together into a lot of heat

But the "amount" of energy is increased, in a way and at high level of explination, energy is "Created" 8|

I hope this helps

Laws of Thermodynamics | Back to Top
Energy exists in many forms, such as heat, light, chemical energy, and electrical energy. Energy is the ability to bring about change or to do work. Thermodynamics is the study of energy.

First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another. The First Law of Thermodynamics (Conservation) states that energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed. In essence, energy can be converted from one form into another. Click here for another page (developed by Dr. John Pratte, Clayton State Univ., GA) covering thermodynamics.

but having studied it in each year at uni i had to say something.

The last line from wikipedia says it all "The First Law, i.e. the law of conservation, has become the most secure of all basic laws of science. At present, it is unquestioned."

Yes but re-read what I said with special note to "High Level explination" meaning in lamens terms by coliding atoms or photos the enrgey is increased. I know of a more micro scale I am wrong. But that is not the point I am making here

Not true it transfers energy from movement to heat.

Think about it - you need to add energy to the atoms to get them to collide. It is that energy which is transfered.

The only way energy appears to be created is that you have not included the entire system.

Fluffy. What does "High level" mean to you?

FFS Fluffy - I'm not a scientist, I was trying to make a point about like you say (never ending amounts of energy that only vary in amounts), being able to transfer in a way that would all of a sudden create human life. If this was the case, I could wish for a Lamborghini, and it would automatically appear, or could have telepathic powers. It doesn't work that way. While evolution has bought about mutation to provide a more efficient way for each living being to survive, there has to be a start point Fluffy. That's what I'm saying. Not some stupid theory about energy. That's a totally sperate tangent. Dan knew my suggestion about energy may have been off, but he put that aside to debate the question I was trying to propose. Energy, omeaba's etc all started and yes, may have interlocked to create an entity, but who spins the weav? Who pulls the strings / or has the ability to negotiate energy for that to happen?

Thank you Dan for understanding what I meant, regardless of my shortfalls around physics.

You can make that assumption but I think you will find you and i and in fact every single person on this planet lacks the knowledge to definitively say there is or is not a god!

You my friend should subscribe to being an agnostic like the rest of us who are of enough intelligenc eto know the danger of ASSUMPTIONS
Unless of course it has been revealed. :D

Dan - why bring it up as a point if such a high level of explanation is needed to which i imagine certain elements are overlooked in order to allow other criteria to be met and as such create energy.

Ryan - consider it education then. But even so you are wrong since human life did not suddenly create, it evolved over time and lots of it.

Dan - why bring it up as a point if such a high level of explanation is needed to which i imagine certain elements are overlooked in order to allow other criteria to be met and as such create energy.

Ryan - consider it education then. But even so you are wrong since human life did not suddenly create, it evolved over time and lots of it.

YOU are wrong Fluffy. Human life was created at some start point. We haven't been in existence forever (wether it be GOD, or some big bang theory etc). Consider that education taught in 2nd class in infants.

Additionally, I'd ask you to (and I'll make it as simple as possible) tell me (without getting the answer from the net like I know you will), tell me what the calculation for a quick ratio in a balance sheet is?

Exactly. You studied physics etc, and I found that crap as boring as bat ****. I too have my vices. The only difference (apart from maybe an Actuary), my studies are about solutions. Not methods of finding more questions to any theory.

Simple, because I was showing at Ryan's level of understanding his terms were not incorrect. THat is why Fluffy. You need to debate topics at the level with whom you are debating things understands. That is an important factor in debating a topic is not showing what knowledge you have but being able to present it in a manner in which your opposition can understand.

Ryan. The word "Created" is where Fluffy is debating you. Created suggests some other person or being had a hand in it. that we were "Made". You need to adjust your terminology to say "Came in to being" or evolved. we sit either side of the fence unfortunately because of the rigidity of our language

I'd like to think that people exist on Earth for some purpose rather than just being cosmic accidents. I can't tell you how but I can do the why. Can't prove it and don't feel like debating all this physics wankery which is really just an excuse for avoiding the real questions. :lol:

I'd like to think that people exist on Earth for some purpose rather than just being cosmic accidents. I can't tell you how but I can do the why. Can't prove it and don't feel like debating all this physics wankery which is really just an excuse for avoiding the real questions. :lol:

Then on your level CW

Did god make man after man made god?

[quote author=Fluffy]

YOU are wrong Fluffy. Human life was created at some start point. We haven't been in existence forever (wether it be GOD, or some big bang theory etc). Consider that education taught in 2nd class in infants.

Additionally, I'd ask you to (and I'll make it as simple as possible) tell me (without getting the answer from the net like I know you will), tell me what the calculation for a quick ratio in a balance sheet is?

Exactly. You studied physics etc, and I found that crap as boring as bat ****. I too have my vices. The only difference (apart from maybe an Actuary), my studies are about solutions. Not methods of finding more questions to any theory.
[/quote]

you are correct that i dont know that off the top of my head, hence the reason i would never use it to prove a point as i acknowledge my understanding isnt there, secondly if i was to use it id do some research first - as you have pointed out the net is a good place to start.

CW - the world does exist for a purpose

42 has something to do with it.

Thought you might like that Dan

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Fluffy]

[/quote]

you are correct that i dont know that off the top of my head, hence the reason i would never use it to prove a point as i acknowledge my understanding isnt there, secondly if i was to use it id do some research first - as you have pointed out the net is a good place to start.

CW - the world does exist for a purpose

42 has something to do with it.

Thought you might like that Dan
[/quote]

Ever heard of an analogy Fluffy? Sheesh.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7