Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles [Round 24 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1 Reece Robinson
2 Sandor Earl
3 Jarrod Croker
4 Bill Tupou
5 Sami Sauiluma
6 Anthony Milford
7 Josh McCrone (c)
8 David Shillington (c)
9 Shaun Berrigan
10 Brett White (c)
11 Josh Papalii
12 Joel Thompson
13 Paul Vaughan

Interchange
14 Glen Buttriss
15 Joel Edwards
16 Dane Tilse
17 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
18 Sam Williams

Coach: Andrew Dunemann

Last meeting: Round 11 2013 - Sea Eagles 16 bt Raiders 10 at Brookvale Oval
Head-to-head: Raiders 17 Sea Eagles 27 drawn 1
Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris James
TV: Live, FoxSports 1
TAB: Raiders $3.10 Sea Eagles $1.38 Draw $29
FootyTab: Raiders +6.5

Phil Mitchell writes: Beware the opponents whose coach has just been jettisoned. That’s the message Manly coach Geoff Toovey would have impressed upon his troops as the Sea Eagles prepare for their first trip to Canberra in five years. The Raiders announced the sacking of their coach, with David Furner making way for Andrew Dunemann. The weekend after Cowboys coach Neil Henry’s axing was announced, his team produced its best performance of the season to stun then-leaders Souths 30-12. While the Raiders have a less imposing line-up than the Cowboys, Manly won’t be underestimating the Green Machine.
Phil's tip: Manly by eight.

AAP writes: The Rabbitohs burst Manly’s bubble last week and, like so many other teams, controversy is dogging the Sea Eagles at the wrong time of the year. Coach Geoff Toovey is warring with the league and playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans reportedly wants out of the club. Manly’s troubles, though, are not a patch on Canberra’s with the Raiders in utter turmoil after sacking coach David Furner and seemingly losing control of star centre Blake Ferguson. And after a dozen straight wins in the national capital, the Raiders’ home fortress is starting to crumble too following back-to-back defeats. Another one would seriously dent the ninth-placed Raiders’ finals hopes.

Key: No coach, no Ferguson, no hope for the Raiders with the Sea Eagles hungry to stitch up a top-four finals spot and return to the winners’ circle three weeks out from the playoffs.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/canberra-raiders-v-manly-sea-eagles-20130822-2se9v.html#ixzz2cgvNCQCT

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/preview-raiders-v-sea-eagles-249161

MISSING IN ACTION: The Raiders' main casualty of the season is now former coach Furner. Told of his sacking while on the golf course with some of his former players, Furner's removal has been surrounded by rumours of a major player rift at the team. Since then, captain Terry Campese, David Shillington and Brett White have spoken about the support Furner had from the side, with each player showing genuine disappointment and shock at his axing.

Campese, Jake White, Blake Ferguson and Edrick Lee are missing for the Raiders.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey has the luxury of naming an unchanged team for the match.

FORM:
It's not even worth really looking at form for the Raiders. They've got bigger things to worry about this week as they look to overcome a significant dent in personnel. Their only comfort is a Canberra crowd as they host the Sea Eagles for the first time since 2008.

The Sea Eagles, meanwhile, are well on track for the top eight. Their 10-22 defeat to the South Sydney Rabbitohs ended a run of six straight wins, though none of them were over premiership contenders. They finish the season with the Storm and Panthers but should be comfortably inside the eight and, at a push, the top four.

WE THINK:
The Sea Eagles should rub salt into the wound of Raiders fans after their week from hell. Despite sitting in ninth and only outside the top eight on points differential, Raiders management deemed Furner surplus to current requirements.

Given the absence of experienced stars Campese, Ferguson and Lee, we'll tip the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans and Tony Williams (LOL) to get the job done for Manly. Sea Eagles by 10.

I haven't seen anything written since early in the week about Choc and he might have had more/new damage to his knee. Has anybody heard anything since?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Canberra Raiders v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Canberra Stadium, Bruce ACT, Sunday 25 August 2013
NRL kickoff 2:00pm
Live TV: FOX Sports 1

Match Officials : Ben Cummins and Chris James;
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Luke Potter;
Video Referees: Gavin Badger and Reece Williams

MAN-LUteams.png

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Richie Fa'aoso
15 Jamie Buhrer
16 David Gower
17 George Rose
18 James Hasson

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Official Match Hashtag: #NRLcanman

I've highlighted Kieran Foran's name within Berkeley_Eagle's post as I just realised, earlier this afternoon, that I didn't see him, (Foran), in Manly's line up last Friday night; he was missing. Or was he there? I don't recall seeing him. It took me til just now to think of it. Was he injured. :huh:

Hayne gave about 3 penalties against him last Friday as he has it in for Foz :mad:

The Sea Eagles, meanwhile, are well on track for the top eight. Their 10-22 defeat to the South Sydney Rabbitohs ended a run of six straight wins, though none of them were over premiership contenders. They finish the season with the Storm and Panthers but should be comfortably inside the eight and, at a push, the top four.

Manly are already in the top four, the only push is for 3rd spot :mad:

Bulldog Richie on 2ky a few minutes ago said Lars out for Raiders & Kite, Choc, Snake all in doubt for Manly but thinks all will play.

That would seem to be in conflict with other posts here & 2gb news all saying no Snake.

The combination of Snake being out and Canberra sacking their coach makes this an even money bet now. We will struggle to score points which is a worry.

Manly lose today & Sharks lose tomorrow to Roosters still leaves Manly 3 ahead of 5th place with 2 rounds to go.

If Manly lose to Raiders, Storm & Panthers, then we could drop to 5th or 6th, but that would need
Bulldogs to beat Penrith (ANZ) & Broncos (Suncorp),
and/or
Sharks to beat 2 of these 3: Roosters (home), Cowboys (home), Raiders (away).

If Manly only win 1 of last 3, it would need Sharks to win all 3 to knock Manly out of 4th.

Go for the Roosters tomorrow night.

A Manly win today & Roosters tomorrow will mean Manly will finish no lower than 4th & could rest players in final 2 rounds.

Brissie Kid said:
Bulldog Richie on 2ky a few minutes ago said Lars out for Raiders & Kite, Choc, Snake all in doubt for Manly but thinks all will play.

That would seem to be in conflict with other posts here & 2gb news all saying no Snake.

Bones said Hiku was at the function last night and Snake wasn't

I'm pretty confident we'll get the win today. I doubt the Canberra players have been focused on this match. Their main concern this week seems to have been holding meetings about dumping their coach.
If we don't win by a big margin I'll be surprised.

Don't be surprised If a certain snake is a late re-inclusion today.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

Bones said Hiku was at the function last night and Snake wasn't

Wasn't at the function. No players were. It was lunch time at Goulburn yesterday where Hiku was spotted by one of my scouts, and snake wasn't.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6