Cant coach either

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not only the luxury of retaining their gf team for this year, but they way they are re-signing all their players (on bargain basement prices), they will be retaining that gf team for a few years. No other team has been able to do that. Look at souffs, they have lost heaps of their gf team

And this salary cap, its really really fair and evens out the talent across all 16 teams doesn't it??

Lol

Not only the luxury of retaining their gf team for this year, but they way they are re-signing all their players (on bargain basement prices), they will be retaining that gf team for a few years. No other team has been able to do that. Look at souffs, they have lost heaps of their gf team

The Roosters were going to be the first side in history to keep their premiership winning side together until Luke O'Donnell retired at the end of 2013.

How can the cows be able to not only keep their side together but re-sign a lot of their players?

And lets face it, a lot of these players would want an upgrade after winning a title and some of them would need an upgrade like Ethan Lowe and Kyle Feldt.

If Tamou stays then there's something very wrong up there but we know what the NRL will do......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! @:mad:

Meanwhile, as the Broncos & Cowboys lose without their stars, the teams we are competing with for the top 8 are playing them and getting a 2 point jump on us.

Remember we just played Broncos cowboys and sharks full strength.

I'm really not a fan of excusing losing, just because other teams have. What you forget to mention, is there are teams that have also dealt with injury very well @jbb/james , like The Panthers, who got within one game of the GF, with a deplorable season injury wise.

The Warriors took 6 first graders out, and still won.

And it's not the losing that people take offense to, it's HOW we are losing. Some games we look completely out enthused. We lack effort, heart, discipline. We go in with a losers mentality (hey, we have all these injuries, we can't beat The Broncos, may as well just embrace this loss).

Make no mistake, Barrett felt they mailed it in as well. He said they were embarrassed with the effort. It's not just me, whingeing.

We are better than that. I don't care how injured we have been, on paper, I feel we field a very competitive team.

To say 'well The Cowboys / Broncos lost because they had players out, so we should as well', is accepting mediocrity, and that sir, is not Manly.

I will then counter with, the losses to The Sharks and Eels were easier to take, because the effort and energy was there.

All I ask is that regardless of who runs on the field, rips in for us, the club, each other, and themselves.

In my opinion, we have had a group of players, that have faded in and out of games, and have been (at times) lazy, and even look disinterested. Some being key players like Stewart, Myles, Taupau, Walker (even Jake/Tom at times this season), and they say so themselves game day, so don't shoot the messenger.

Nah mate, Manly - BE BETTER !! You're shaming the jersey. We aren't a fortress at Brooky anymore. We are gimme wins for opposition teams now. Lift.

Last edited:
Look at Manly's win/loss record with and without Brett Stewart over the years. I guess that means Hasler can't coach either.
Jack Gibson did well at Parramatta and the Roosters but did nothing at the Sharks. Yep. Couldn't coach.
I reckon every coach that has ever coached a first grade team can't really coach. They shouldn't be called coaches, they should be called uncoaches.

Last edited:
DCE being our play maker out was a massive loss, but I'm not so sure about our other injuries this year. In the main we have had another very experienced NRL player come and fill the void.

Broncos had six out, played a bunch of inexperienced kids who are not yet NRL standard, miles off being NRL players actually and lost only by a point.

I wish we could take our 6 best out play kids this year and lose by a point?

Publically id expect Bennett will say it's a game they should have won, that their experienced players in the field didn't take their opportunities.

The coach could even be seething with the Milford and Hunt performances in that game. Milford played like Walker in that one and didn't want the footy.

You would doubt the coach would be critical of the young forwards who were out classed and will learn from the experience.

Good coaches set standards and expectations, I would be very surprised if Bennett or Green came out and made excuses this week.

Now ask yourself, does anything positive or good come from an attitude, that if we don't have our top 17 in the park we shouldn't expect to win.?

Meanwhile, as the Broncos & Cowboys lose without their stars, the teams we are competing with for the top 8 are playing them and getting a 2 point jump on us.

Remember we just played Broncos cowboys and sharks full strength.

Just look at the bright side. By round 16 when we play the cowgirls again in Townsville, Cowgirls will be back at full strength.

I'm going to cry if we lose to raiders, we are full strength and have had 2 weeks to get ready and we shouldn't be short of motivation when we have lost 3 in a row. If we lose this match we are a drift of the top 8 and it will be very hard to catch up.
No doubt a vital game but not full strength without Kapow....do agree Turbo....though the old cliche is "the next game is most important of the season"... in this case it really is just that for mine.... On point there mate!

I know where you are coming from @Ryan , and cannot disagree with you, nevertheless you have to concede injuries have played some part.

I think the bog we are in is multi layered, rookie coach , the old culture not present , aging stars at the end of their powers , injuries , some strange selections and no doubt the players ( perhaps not all ) seemingly not giving a **** and even smiling and laughing after a loss.

I can't see that it's any one issue , rather a combination of all of the above , or parts of the above at different times.

every club is rorting it in their own way, some clubs more than others, other clubs are better at hiding it !

Lets see what Barrett can do with a full strength side !

We know what Bennett and Green can do with a full strength side !

The Tigers were without Tedesco, Woods, Farah and Sironen. Probably their 4 best players.
Absolutely spot on. I love how the media are crying the party line for poor old Wayne, how could he possibly win? But nothing has been said about the Tigers missing their 4 best players. 3 of whom are their defensive lynchpins which you would think would mean they would seriously struggle to contain teams.

Both the Broncos and 'Boys almost won their matches.
We, on the other hang, got towelled up by large margins when we played the two Queensland teams.
What I'm saying is that when the Broncos and 'Boys have players out they perform to a higher standard than our team does when we have some players missing.
The next two matches, against the Faders and the 'Riff, will tell us if our team is destined to make the eight this season.

Realically if Barrett or Darryl the drunk from Darraville was coaching Broncos or Cows with full strength teams...no injuries....they would be close to winning every game.
Coaches add a game plan, structures & motivation....players win/ lose games.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7