Cap issues at Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BoomStickBarbie

Reserve Grader
From the lurker

There is one NRL club facing huge salary cap issues.

They have bought up big in recent months and are now feeling the strain.

They have until January to sort out the mess.

I expect more players at the club to be shown the door in coming weeks, a move that won't please them given most other clubs are now right on their salary caps.

This could be us? Thoughts?

Had to be. Would be funny if there are no clubs interested in taking on those surplus players.

From the lurker

I expect more players at the club to be shown the door in coming weeks, a move that won't please them given most other clubs are now right on their salary caps.

Very likely IMO given the number of imports

From the lurker

Captain obvious knows we have salary cap problems so I wonder if it is another club may be the Eels. If hoppa wins the court case they will be in big trouble.

Don't get me wrong ,Im stoked in the direction we are going ,but this salary cap mess comes down to piss poor player management.We will definitely be eating up some cap this year with players playing elsewhere.

Wouldnt worry, Parra have set the standard. Cop the fine and move on with winning another comp.

Great, have to wait till Jan to find out who it is.

Fantastic bit of 'news' (gossip) to report. I don't see the need to hide the identity of the club here other than it's unconfirmed/speculation.

Just when you think we might have 1 off season without a distraction lol

Great, have to wait till Jan to find out who it is.

Fantastic bit of 'news' (gossip) to report. I don't see the need to hide the identity of the club here other than it's unconfirmed/speculation.

Just when you think we might have 1 off season without a distraction lol

It is nothing more than click bait - this will only be a distraction if you let it be

There is a difference between not fitting under the cap and cap pressure. Easts don't fit but there is no pressure.

Don't worry bozo will fix everything

If no-one wants to take the other players we can always offload Myles, Brown and Taupau

Parra have no worries.

They have been caught out with their salary cap and yet they're allowed to buy more and more players.

Maybe we can do a parra & buy $700,000 (or whatever their breach was) worth of salary cap extras.

Them getting fined rather than docked points was basically saying there is salary cap space for sale.

Good on you NRL.

But of course they'll turn their investigations to Manly & suddenly they will see things differently.

There was a rumour this morning on Big Sports Brekkie that Radradra was staying put in Fiji and looking at Union, as Parra had short changed him on his deal this year...Did anything more come of that, did anyone listen on???, or was it just bullsh1t. I still think Parra have huge salary cap issues, especially if they lose the Hopoate case.
Surely the "Brains Trust" at Manly wouldn't get themselves that far into the cr@p....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8