Ch 9 Footy show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven't watched it for years, sounds like it's getting worse, if it's possible for that show.

Rodo link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186772.msg321733#msg321733 date=1299795427]
As much as you say you want it, no one wants to talk serious footy late Thursday night. The Footy show has always been and will always be a light entertainment show. Yes they have players on and go through the games (as well they should), but the point of the show is a few laughs and a look at a few key players. Don't read too much into it. I like watching it, I can switch off and just watch. I've gotta say that 127 Hours sketch made me laugh

You've got to be kidding?  There are other shows on at the same time that I'm sure are far funnier and interesting to watch.

Last nights show will be the first and last one I will be watching this season.  What a joke.

The new footy show that started last night at 8.30pm on ONE HD was far better.
[/quote]

I agree about the show on ONE HD. Did you see the Gallop interview. It made my f***ing blood boil. He basically said that because Snake was the face of rugby league he received a much stiffer penalty. He's got more stories than the Telegraph. Point blank refused to apologise even when 70% of public opinion was against him. I don't know why I expected anything different.

Fatty was terrible in that interview as des said ''This is so broing'' every second word of fat was eff this eff that, so unproffesional. I was extremely impressed with Dez though, i thought he spoke very well, and he genuinely is looking forward to this season ! cant wait for the season to start !

Look at this this way, I hate the Sunday Footy Show, its dry and boring as bat****. What you guys want on Thursday night is what is already airing on Sunday morning. League doesn't always have to be serious and if it was always hyper serious I wouldn't be interested. Its an each to their own, but I don't see what you gain by running down a show, just don't watch it.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
SA fan
try this
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/league/footyshow/?videoid=400e4dcd-16d8-4dbd-ba62-c86d12735714

Looks like they've removed it from their site! Anything in the interview would make them need to do that?

ads link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186772.msg321759#msg321759 date=1299800851]
SA fan
try this
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/league/footyshow/?videoid=400e4dcd-16d8-4dbd-ba62-c86d12735714

Looks like they've removed it from their site! Anything in the interview would make them need to do that?
[/quote]

Maybe the swearing by Fatty Vautin (which he probably figured they'd edit out). Is it just me, or does his face look more like a cat's arsehole with each passing year?

This thread is the same every year, just should be rehashed.  I briefly watched in the vain belief HAsler's interview might be early, once I saw the link to the interview go up I couldn't wait to turn the dross off for another year.

The thing you all fail to recognise is that this show is perfectly pitched to the audience that will watch the advert breaks.  The show is entirely appropriate for the western suburbs of Sydney, country NSW and Logan and surrounds in Brisbane.  It is full of low brow bonhomie and pissing in the pockets of a few chosen celebrities that the bogans have been trained to accept as good guys.  '

The show will go on and on and is just filler for bogans to fill up the Broadcasting Tribunals reuirements for locally produced content.  It is cheap to produce and mindless.  Don't expect anything different.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299810167[/time]

It should be renamed the Ironstine Show. 

I dont watch it any more since Matthew Johns was sacked and it is shown here in SA around 12am so dont bother recording it but did last night just to see the interview with Des. Fast fowarded it today to the interview, may consider watching the rest later.

Same old stuff but to be honest i got a few laughs. Dissapointment was - the Hasler interview , Des was cool calm & confident yet the Snake incident was not hashed out as much as i expected. In fact all i heard all show was poor Benji has saved the world & is some victim-like him as a player & seems a good bloke but so does Brett ....& he didn't crack anyone in the head. Anyways footy show was ok -then again i watch anything relating to footy.

I think the opening dialogue about Saint Benji also highlighted why this show has passed its used by date.  There was no dissenting voice, there has not been a dissenting voice since Vautin got upset by Hadley and surrounded himself with yes men, some like Fittler who are so challenged for IQ it's a wonder they can read the script.

It is just boring, predictable and nauseatingly trite.

I watched solely for the purpose of the Des interview. Digital TV inconveniently decided to pixellate and sound distort during the interview. Should have opted for an earlier night. 

LOL at the people trying to profess a stronger intellect coz they don't like the show

Whinge forum people ...

Matt K link said:
Same old stuff but to be honest i got a few laughs. Dissapointment was - the Hasler interview , Des was cool calm & confident yet the Snake incident was not hashed out as much as i expected. In fact all i heard all show was poor Benji has saved the world & is some victim-like him as a player & seems a good bloke but so does Brett ....& he didn't crack anyone in the head. Anyways footy show was ok -then again i watch anything relating to footy.

Yes, I was waiting and waiting for them to discuss Brett but they conveniently decide not to.  How pathetic that they managed to discuss Benji and how great a person he is but then neglected to say anything (good) about Brett.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL at the people trying to profess a stronger intellect coz they don't like the show

Whinge forum people ...
Directing it to the whinge forum is a false refuge for the intellectually challenged.  Ones who think Brad Fittler is a poster child for excellence in elocution. 

Fitler is a dope.
I hope he only gets air time on footy where he belongs and none in the commentary box.
His captain obvious comments followed by retarded facial expression (they put the camera on him for some reason when hes on the sideline commentating) are pointless.

Sterlo was the only voice of reason on that show (to a point), with him gooone it should be called Fatty and friends.

Just wondering if some people on this forum are ever happy with anything?

Its almost a contest to see who hates something more.

Masked Eagle link said:
Just wondering if some people on this forum are ever happy with anything?

Its almost a contest to see who hates something more.
We are Silvertails and the Footy Show is crap.  Savvy?

Hate is a much over used word unfortunately.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299820171[/time]

As Silvertails we should be using terms such as:

I really do dislike that Billy Slater character.

or

I find that xxxx gold is not to my taste.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4