Cherry FRAUD evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would not swap dce for any other half in the comp period . For anyone to put blame on him is not manly . Jeez we had a off day at the office I have them 4 days a week . Come on followers give him a break. Remember we all wanted this champion .

Not DCE's greatest game.

His kicking game was a little off, and I feel he tried to ballplay in the line too much for the conditions.
Just give Jamie good, clean, early ball, and let him do the job on his opposite centre.

That being said, his defence was very good. A couple of times he got isolated on a bigger man, and came up trumps. And a great one on one covering tackle on Semi Radradrda.

It takes 17 guys to win a game like today.

Some of you guys saw a totally different game to me.

For the record Mateo had the most hit ups (16), the most metres gained (130), and the third highest tackles (33) of all the Manly players on the field today.

Yet some still reckon he was lazy today? And a liability? What does that make all the other players?

Not lazy at all, but on his first hitup I just knew he would spill the pill, which inevitably cost us 6 points... which could've been the difference.

I really like Feleti, but that kinda set the tone - really frustrating.

Truth be told though, I know there was more to the loss than just that moment.

Not lazy at all, but on his first hitup I just knew he would spill the pill, which inevitably cost us 6 points... which could've been the difference.

I really like Feleti, but that kinda set the tone - really frustrating.

Truth be told though, I know there was more to the loss than just that moment.

Yes Mateo did lose one ball. And he was far from the lone ranger in the spilled ball department. It was par for the course.

To blame him for somehow "setting the tone" with that one drop is a bit rich, especially when others had already lost possession. Want to talk about the handling of Jake? DCE? Leary? Need I go on? The ensuing try? I look to the read in defence, which was horrendous.

Last edited:
Cherry did not have a great game, but he didn't hide. He kept trying. No issue with criticism of him, and the more money, the higher profile the more criticism you cop. Add to that the fact he is the half and he more than anyone owns the result.

His kicking was just off today for starters, it was one of those days where his kicks went one turn too many and went from a great kick in goal to giving them a 20m restart and 7 tackles, and that happened 2 or 3 times.

Like I said not a great game, but he never tucked his tail between his legs and said 'well not my day I'll just give up'

3rd in the league in try assists. He hasn't had the worst of years, but definitely not worth the $$$ based on his performance today .

I agree with Ryan, Thurston almost always puts in when he has to. I doubt we'd ever see a performance like DCE from Thurston with the season on the line ..... and we wouldn't see Thurston smiling and laughing after a loss like that. He hurts when he loses.

Remember Ben Kennedy after a loss? Dead set I don't think his own players wanted to talk to him he was so filthy. You just wouldn't see him out laughing up a storm - His attitude is the culture we need.

The crazy thing in my opinion, is Toovey is less of a technical coach, and more of an emotive coach - like he rallies the troops and gets them up for games. That's why I was so surprised and disappointed in DCE for staying out and have a great old laugh after the game.

I'd be livid if my season had just finished, and I played a pretty poor game to end it. Check this out mate. This was taken by one of Colorado Avalanches best players - in tears - after being knocked of the competition last year. Compare this to DCE (poor bloke could hardly speak):-

He kicked it dead from ****ing 60 metres out, pull your head in.
Yeah kicking it dead when the ball is skidding around - what a ****ing muppet. Let's **** all over DCE, yeah he's **** yeah yeah!!!

Jesus some people on here are full of ****. DCE went down trying stuff. All of the backs did. They tried too hard but tried anyway. OK they were playing dry weather footy and throwing it around too much but at least they had a go (and getting them to play more direct is on the coach if he doesn't like what he sees out there). The forwards got rolled. Not much a back line can do if your forwards don't win it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4