Cheyse Blair - like what I'm seeing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagle Rock said:
KaZa said:
controversial comment coming:

Dont see the fuss in Gutherson. He looked good in lower grades but he lacks speed and power in first grade. Still young but i think Blair and Hiku are in front of him.

. . . Someone at the club keeps promoting him and we shake our head! He didn't make the Junior Kangaroos last year as he's is not up with the Big Guys now, to light and not tough enough for 1sts. He is not a speedster, has a gangling light frame and always has . . .
You don't seem to have much faith in our club's ability to identify footy talent.

Gutherson is only 19, he plays fullback centre and wing, he is 190 cm, he played for NSW under-20s last year as an 18 year-old ...
Oh yeah, and he's a local junior who want to play for Manly.

Obviously a dud, don't know why we're wasting our time. ;)

There have been many talented players at junior level that did not step up in the big league . Time will tell .

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Eagle Rock said:
KaZa said:
controversial comment coming:

Dont see the fuss in Gutherson. He looked good in lower grades but he lacks speed and power in first grade. Still young but i think Blair and Hiku are in front of him.

. . . Someone at the club keeps promoting him and we shake our head! He didn't make the Junior Kangaroos last year as he's is not up with the Big Guys now, to light and not tough enough for 1sts. He is not a speedster, has a gangling light frame and always has . . .
You don't seem to have much faith in our club's ability to identify footy talent.

Gutherson is only 19, he plays fullback centre and wing, he is 190 cm, he played for NSW under-20s last year as an 18 year-old ...
Oh yeah, and he's a local junior who want to play for Manly.

Obviously a dud, don't know why we're wasting our time. ;)

He didn't make the Junior Kangeroos last year as I am hearing he is to light and is not tough enough. He was great during the Juniors Days but now most of the boys back then are now getting bigger, stronger and faster. Gutho has had the same build since he was a 13 year old, its hard for him to put muscle on his wiry lanky frame, the big backs will just palm him or smash him when their running full speed at him.

People are so quick to give up.

Guthersons only problem is that he has been hyped for 3 years so people expect him to walk in and be Greg Inglis.

He is 19 and developing, he had 43 takle breaks in 13 holden cup games last year and in his one first grade game he looked like he had played 50 plus games

Mark my words, Gutherson will play considerably more first grade at Manly than Blair will

Disco said:

Guthersons only problem is that he has been hyped for 3 years so people expect him to walk in and be Greg Inglis.

He is 19 and developing, he had 43 takle breaks in 13 holden cup games last year and in his one first grade game he looked like he had played 50 plus games

Mark my words, Gutherson will play considerably more first grade at Manly than Blair will

My money is on Blair and Hiku over Gutho Sorry. Gutho is too light and Over Rated. Now in 1sts he will get smashed and not fast enough. Would not play him on the wing, even his first grade debut game he was out of position and missed the try in the corner as he came in, he is not a winger. He has also missed quite a few crucial tackles in the 20s last year, which has resulted in tries. A lot of the Heads at Manly saying the same

Santini looks good too.
Nice to see we have some extra depth in the backs this year.
Gutherson has potential IMO. Watching him play live you can see he naturally reads the game well. The kid has a smart footy head on those not so broad shoulders.

Disco said:

I heard you were dead?

Satini has the build and speed to be a really great modern day winger. Could go well in the centres when Matai retires.

Gutherson is also the same weight as snake and 4cm taller so he will fill out over the next couple of years

Eagle Rock, you have given it to Gutherson big time the last few posts. Obviously the club rate him and there has been talk of NSW Rugby looking at him. The kid is just that, a kid who has shown impressive talent so far. Brett will be at the 1 for a few more years anyway. When he fills out he could then kick on. He did make the emerging origin team as well. He didn't get onto your girlfriend by any chance and she now wants to be friends? :idea::s

Gutherson needs to fill out a bit but give him time. He's still young. But I agree in the main. At the moment he's not ready for FG and Hiku is ahead of him and by a considerable margin too.

Blair looked pretty good to me and being out of favour at Parramatta has nothing to do with ability. Those nuffies wouldn't know talent if you melted it down and poured it on them. He'll be very solid back up.

Darren said:
Eagle Rock, you have given it to Gutherson big time the last few posts. Obviously the club rate him and there has been talk of NSW Rugby looking at him. The kid is just that, a kid who has shown impressive talent so far. Brett will be at the 1 for a few more years anyway. When he fills out he could then kick on. He did make the emerging origin team as well. He didn't get onto your girlfriend by any chance and she now wants to be friends? :idea::s

Sorry but he is Over Rated, he did miss out of last years Junior Kangaroo Team and I can't see him filling out too much either, especially with so many talented Polynesian Boys who are also filling out. My Preference is Hiku next after Brett Stewart, he is a bit young for my partner too !

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6