Choc still Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
8B6CB6CC-FB88-4C19-9962-9929CC71303D.jpeg

conanu

Bencher
Looking to jump back on the bus by the sounds of it. Should have thought about that before he ran his mouth and sh hit canned Toovey, DCE and the rest of the place, he even said Des wasn't really coaching in the glory days it was all Gifty. But to be honest, if he is prepared to forget about it so can I.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26876

He is in the same category as Ribot, Foran and the like. They are dead to me.
Foran isn’t dead to me simply because you can tell he probably regrets it. Left, hasn’t played good (at least consistently) since.

He has never publically bad mouthed the club, and recall him doing the opposite from time to time. Only hated him in his Eels stint, now it’s just meh

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Watmough was one of our greatest players and helped us to a couple of premierships. Certainly he spat the dummy over certain aspects of Sea Eagles policy, but hardly worthy of permanent exile. His comments were never against the Sea Eagles as a legacy and history. He was just opposed to certain actions by the club at a specific time in its history and was annoyed by DCE's apparent flippancy when DCE was still a kid. We all have differing viewpoints even as a family and certainly Watmough made himself the prodigal son. But he is still family, warts and all and we have much to admire and thank him for.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hard player for our club but, nahhh a distant memory now.

silvertails says it's your birthday!

Or did you just throw in any old date?

I seem to remember doing this with another member some time ago (exactly a year ago? - lol)

If Choc once, just...once... showed 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of remorse for anything he said, then to me it'd be a lot easier to go yay, choc! But even as late as last year he was slamming dce (but still apparently supporting the team).

I don't forget what he did either on the field (but also off). I did a post some years ago when he was getting older; something along the like of:
Run metres: 90
dropped balls: 2. Average opposition metres gained 40 + kick = 60 x 2 = 120.
penalties per game: 2: Opposition meterage: 60 x 2 = 120

Run metres = 90
Run metres cost = 240
Difference = 150 cost to Manly! So why is he here?

- though I think I was miffed with him at the time, lol.

The article sounds like "hey manly, i'm manly selling my manly house so I love manly and please as manly people may be the only ones that can manly afford my manly house then manly manly manly.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Choc really pi**ed me off in recent years mostly because he couldn't just let shi*t go and stop talking smack about who did what wrong to who (and I suspected he or foz of instigating our salary cap dramas - although i acknowledge that true fault lies with those that signed off on the deals not the whistleblower)...

BUT I have a historical debt to choc for all the times my a*se came off my lounge and my beer showered the floor as I almost involuntarily yelled "WATMOUGH"... tbh by the time choc left it felt like the club was eating itself anyways but choc just needs to stop talking about it and maybe hes ready to let it go... imagine if we could find another edge runner like choc, or gift, or menzies... God we were blessed back then...

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Disappointed by a few comments after leaving the nest, but the blokes guts and determination on the field were a Massive part of Manly’s recent success.
BK took this bloke under his wing because he could see he would take over as our Enforcer....which he did and was pivotal in the Seaeagles success over a decade.
Do I respect his dumb statements- No
Do I appreciate and respect him spilling his blood and guts all over the field for Manly- Yes .....

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Watmough was one of our greatest players and helped us to a couple of premierships. Certainly he spat the dummy over certain aspects of Sea Eagles policy, but hardly worthy of permanent exile. His comments were never against the Sea Eagles as a legacy and history. He was just opposed to certain actions by the club at a specific time in its history and was annoyed by DCE's apparent flippancy when DCE was still a kid. We all have differing viewpoints even as a family and certainly Watmough made himself the prodigal son. But he is still family, warts and all and we have much to admire and thank him for.
Could not agree more, Bear. Well said.
I’d like to think that if he turned up to Brookie to watch a game, the majority response would be ‘Welcome home’.

court83

Bencher
I'm sorry, but choc is my fav manly backrower ever besides beaver. If he wanted to get back into the nest at Brooky ide be more than happy to have him working with our juniors..

If des can be welcomed back with open arms after ruining 2011 grandfinal celebrations, absolutely gutting our coaching staff, tried poaching our best players and left the team facing a mountain of cap problems that haunted us for years, then ide say choc can be forgiven for talking a little sh!t about us...

Just my humble opinion

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Choc is a goose ... but he is our goose .... we didn't pay him for his philosophical dissertations ... we paid him to put his body on the line and play football ... and this he did with great distinction .

When he left and when he commented ... as distastful as it was to us .... in his own mind I am sure he was hurt and was acting out of frustration ..... and truth told ... there was **** happening at Manly that upset a lot of people and still does ....

He needs to say a few things and mend a few fences .... but push come to shove I am in the forgiveness camp .... bloke was a home grown legend ...

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
silvertails says it's your birthday!

Or did you just throw in any old date?

I seem to remember doing this with another member some time ago (exactly a year ago? - lol)

If Choc once, just...once... showed 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of remorse for everything he said, then to me it'd be a lot easier to go yay, choc! But even as late as last year he was slamming dce (but still apparently supporting the team).

I don't forget what he did either on the field (but also off). I did a post some years ago when he was getting older; something along the like of:
Run metres: 90
dropped balls: 2. Average opposition metres gained 40 + kick = 60 x 2 = 120.
penalties per game: 2: Opposition meterage: 60 x 2 = 120

Run metres = 90
Run metres cost = 240
Difference = 150 cost to Manly! So why is he here?

- though I think I was miffed with him at the time, lol.

The article sounds like "hey manly, i'm manly selling my manly house so I love manly and please as manly people may be the only ones that can manly afford my manly house then manly manly manly.

Go back to bed .... you grumpy bum .....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13