Choc will get a few weeks!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think the 4 weeks is fair but can see a positive, Choc gets a well earned rest to recover from the obvious injuries he has been carrying and will come back after 4 weeks ready to roll, also would of missed the Dogs game anyway and maybe the sharks game

No consistency at all, Watmough gets 4 weeks and Reynolds walks away with nothing!! It will give Choc some time to get back to 100% but he will be a big loss!! When's Gifty back? Surely he wouldn't be too far away

This is BS. He didn't deserve 4 weeks for that throw.

At least he will get a good rest. The Manly loading was at play for this decision.

Yes it seems there's one rule for one (Manly) and one rule for everyone else (Reynolds/Dogs) and Choc definitely got the Manly loading!

Anyway, for us losing Choc is bad but imagining Choc not playing for 4 weeks is unimaginable!

The only consistent thing with the NRL and their charges/suspensions is that they are consistently inconsistent

yep total rubbish...make a rule but be consistent. Koroisau, Bird, Reynolds and Simona to name just a few recently that were charged for similar tackles and all downgraded successfully to receive 2 weeks or nothing.

Every player who contests gets a downgrade except 1.
So he misses 4 Manly games and 1 origin game. Even bigger load of bulls..t compared to Reynolds missing nothing. Greenturds slimy hands all over this.

Agree the rest will do him good, but not happy about the 4 weeks. I really want to know how this tackle was worse than the Reynolds one. Choc is nicer than me, he said ok it's done let's move on. Me I'm angry about it. NRL are a joke, they are not consistent at all. :(

marga said:
Agree the rest will do him good, but not happy about the 4 weeks. I really want to know how this tackle was worse than the Reynolds one. Choc is nicer than me, he said ok it's done let's move on. Me I'm angry about it. NRL are a joke, they are not consistent at all. :(
Well said Marga,but the thing is, we dont have anyone in the media saying a thing about it being too harsh,or how is it any different to the reynolds tackle,or others,everyone is saying nothing,which makes it even harder to accept

It seems that now the Origin series has been won the NRL are back to cracking down on lifting tackles. If Choc had done this in Game 1 like Grub Reynolds he'd be out for two games maximum, if any.

Don McKinnon was on the panel tonight (with Bob Lindner and Paul Whatuira). I know he played a season with Manly and won the Reserve Grade title in 1988....but once a Bear.....

5 players in the past few weeks have been successful in having lifting charges downgraded. All of a sudden the Origin series is won, a Manly player goes before them and shock horror they find him guilty.

They said:

"Anthony Watmough suspended for four games after failed bid to downgrade dangerous throw charge."

"The 31-year-old was facing three games on the sidelines, with an early guilty plea."

"He will now miss Manly’s encounters with Cronulla on Saturday, the Sydney Roosters and Canterbury in rounds 16 and 17 respectively and the Wests Tigers."

He will miss 5 games??????
Doesn't the SOO count??
What a freaking rip-off!!!

Stunned the request to get it downgraded wasn't successful. They are saying it was worse than the Reynolds tackle. STUNNED!

He clearly mistook Nate Myles massive forehead for his arse and promptly put him on it. A mistake any one of us could easily make.

The 4 week rule is unfair. It should be 4 games as he is an incumbent to SOO :dodgy:

The penalty, being a Rep Game, also is a $30k loading. Choc was screwed big time :mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4