Cleanout for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Agreed - same as Vaega.

both of them shouldn't be near a fully fit first grade team.
Yep agree on that too.

I get it, with change there is hope for a quick turnaround.

But I'm not convinced either are the answer

Sweet FA in the winger department. Better off moving koula there and looking around for a centre. Montoya would have been a good pick up in my opinion. He recently extended though
I would be reluctant to move Koula to wing as I recall him making some pretty ordinary efforts under the high ball when we ran him at FB…

Couldn't be worse than Tuipolotu. Who at this stage will be our first choice if Garrick remains in the centres
Yeah I am not saying we need to be keeping our current wingers at all cost. - I just reckon that Koula is in his best spot at right centre…
His form is down this year though… had some highlights against phins but generally I have thought he went backwards from last year…

Now that we've finally put to bed any hopes for 2023 after that dogsht effort who should be punted for 2024.
My list

Tuipolutu
Saab
Harper
Parker
Johns
Arthur
Woods
Aloiai
Lawton
Boyle
Tuilagi
Roache

Go and find 12 players who deserve to be in a top 30 NRL squad because this current squad is bog average.
A perfect list for disposal.

Swap the lot for a half eaten bagel and let them be someone elses problem.

NYEagle

2023 is not over.

But agree with your list in that the off contract listed not be renewed and the contracted be offered the opportunity to look elsewhere.

Bar Saab, rough night last night but a player there
You look at the current top 8 and I think only Canberra don't deserve to be there.

We are grades behind the other 7 who for the most part, and unlike us, play with a decent level of commitment and will not fade away.

The tricky bit is we will have to play with some level of commitment to catch Canberra. Not sure if you can get a pulse out of this mob with a defibrillator.

:flogger:

NYEagle

Yeah I am not saying we need to be keeping our current wingers at all cost. - I just reckon that Koula is in his best spot at right centre…
His form is down this year though… had some highlights against phins but generally I have thought he went backwards from last year…
Has been much better outside the shoe

We need to stop going for these gang member wannabees. Our culture is lazy and dumb. Need more hard working red neck types in the side like Gilbert / Ray Stone
Well with Scotty F gone (that’s him on the left, Bretty on the right) gone, perhaps we will.
DE35A937-5966-450C-ADEA-189FCF5D4D46.jpeg

You look at the current top 8 and I think only Canberra don't deserve to be there.

We are grades behind the other 7 who for the most part, and unlike us, play with a decent level of commitment and will not fade away.

The tricky bit is we will have to play with some level of commitment to catch Canberra. Not sure if you can get a pulse out of this mob with a defibrillator.

:flogger:

NYEagle

Deserve is hugely subjective and always changing.

A club loses or wins 2-3 on the trot and the entire landscape changes.

Point is we are 1 point off 8th and 3 points off 4th.

Problem with us is our best games are borderline top 4 worthy and our worst fames are definitely spoon worthy.

If we can get more column A and less column B we can do.....but either way, at 1 point out of the 8 it is highly emotional for some to say the season is done.

It does seem to be our main issue @Kalvin I agree. Just posing a hypothetical here. Who would we replace these four players with? Just posing a hypothetical here.

Let's say Tim Sheens offered to buy DCE, Turbo, Jurbo and Schuster for 3.8m to solve the Tigers' issues. We might get 4m if we are lucky. Who are we going to replace them with, for that amount? What players of their quality or potential are available (uncontracted) right now anyway? What will we gain from ripping out the club's guts, heart, experience, and leadership by making that call?

Personally, I think the idea is nonsense, and we have no choice but to continue to build from within and develop our existing contracted players around that core group of four players.
Agree, its ridiculous people keep mentioned we are invested in 4 players so cannot afford any other decent players.

Most squads are heavily invested in 4 players up and around 1 million dollars. Its just that the other tops sides have players that can perform who are only on and around the 250-350k mark. But even then, the cap pressure (unless your the roosters) will eventually catch up (look at the Panthers).

Manly have only played a handful of games with their top 17 players and have scored over 30 points in each of those games. The team is very competitive when DCE, Jake, Tom on the field, the problem comes about when we cannot field our best side.

What we are really missing I feel is another decent prop and outside back (centre/winger). It's crazy we didn't make a play for Dom Young who will be heading to to Roosters next year. Its also
unfortunate we missed out on Flegler. Would love someone like Addin Fonua Blake back at Manly.

Agree, its ridiculous people keep mentioned we are invested in 4 players so cannot afford any other decent players.

Most squads are heavily invested in 4 players up and around 1 million dollars. Its just that the other tops sides have players that can perform who are only on and around the 250-350k mark. But even then, the cap pressure (unless your the roosters) will eventually catch up (look at the Panthers).

Manly have only played a handful of games with their top 17 players and have scored over 30 points in each of those games. The team is very competitive when DCE, Jake, Tom on the field, the problem comes about when we cannot field our best side.

What we are really missing I feel is another decent prop and outside back (centre/winger). It's crazy we didn't make a play for Dom Young who will be heading to to Roosters next year. Its also
unfortunate we missed out on Flegler. Would love someone like Addin Fonua Blake back at Manly.

Agreed. Also good to get Burbo back. He puts in. Maybe Zac Fulton in a while also. Need players who play it tough

We were better off just promoting players from BWSE than signing these guys. At least there would be some money left over.

The problem is we go dive head first to sign whatever cheap player comes on the market. We don't make any patient astute signings.
Our recruitment in the last couple of years has been average to say the least. I hope it starts to improve soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10