Clinton Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really?..such a shame, Manly has always been such a proud club. I'm still proud to be a sea-eagle's fan. I can't wait to stick it to 'em again over here on the east side once we start firing up again!!

I am pretty sure dce wouldn't be doing this as this could be a breach of employment contract. I would say the club could sack him for this type of conduct and he would forfeit his wages for this year.

I don't blame any player if I was in a players boots I would grab the biggest offer I could.

What's loyal about knocking back an extra 200k a year from someone? I can tell you in my job I wouldn't even think about it I would be off.
Clubs always peddle this loyalty line yet once a better player comes a long or the player starts getting a bit older they will shaft them and conveniently blame the salary cap.

People are entitled to make a living with out others judging them.
The unfortunate thing is, for these mostly dopey young men, they only consider the money. This is because the more they get, the more their agents make. So living environment, training environment, post football opportunities, etc make no difference. So we watch mercenaries run around in a game with little room for creativity and more and more of us will turn off. The NRL really does have to have another go at a draft system.

If true then DCE should be exiled for the remainder of the season. Pay him according to contract but keep him well away from the club.
In saying that, our club needs to start doing something. A signing or two will help revive spirits with fans and everyone associated with the place.

If true then DCE should be exiled for the remainder of the season. Pay him according to contract but keep him well away from the club.
In saying that, our club needs to start doing something. A signing or two will help revive spirits with fans and everyone associated with the place.
Signing crap players just for the sake of it won't help. We have to assume they have a plan to sign some quality and are working on it. Give them some time.....

I don't blame any player if I was in a players boots I would grab the biggest offer I could.

What's loyal about knocking back an extra 200k a year from someone? I can tell you in my job I wouldn't even think about it I would be off.
Clubs always peddle this loyalty line yet once a better player comes a long or the player starts getting a bit older they will shaft them and conveniently blame the salary cap.

People are entitled to make a living with out others judging them.

Very, very short term Gen Y attitude there mate. What about life after football? Look at Toovey. Look at Beaver. Then look at team swappers struggling post footy.

Hence why manly didn't chase DCE for next year with any revised offer.

He is a germ and a cock of a person who divides clubs because it is all about him.

The sooner he goes the better

If he is destabilizing he needs to be out on his backside. Again I'm prefacing this with IF. But if true what gives me the strops is the suggestion of these players being professional and putting in for the season, and then they do this. I've mentioned previously, if I did this when leaving a company I would be marched off the premises (and I have seen that happen).

Signing crap players just for the sake of it won't help. We have to assume they have a plan to sign some quality and are working on it. Give them some time.....
Hope you're right mate but the quality players available are drying up fast and we need to hurry.

For the record, I don't class Josh McCrone as the type of quality we should be chasing.

I am pretty sure dce wouldn't be doing this as this could be a breach of employment contract. I would say the club could sack him for this type of conduct and he would forfeit his wages for this year.

This is what I was thinking as well. Surely there'd have to be something in player contracts against representing other clubs interests.

The unfortunate thing is, for these mostly dopey young men, they only consider the money. This is because the more they get, the more their agents make. So living environment, training environment, post football opportunities, etc make no difference. So we watch mercenaries run around in a game with little room for creativity and more and more of us will turn off. The NRL really does have to have another go at a draft system.
What has changed I wonder. I grew up on the beaches and would only ever have played for manly if I could have actually played. Surely gutho and the trbos are of the same mind.

His done his ACL he may never be the same. Don't want him to go, don't want to pay overs to keep him either. With the Titans missing out on Gagai maybe this rumour is true

Yeah but his Titans employment contract says that's exactly what he's supposed to be doing. And that one prevails because they're backed by the NRL.

Hence why manly didn't chase DCE for next year with any revised offer.

He is a germ and a cock of a person who divides clubs because it is all about him.

The sooner he goes the better

This might not be so far fetched. Last year there were stories floating around about the heated relationship between DCE and his Manly team mates (especially as most blamed him for the club not having enough money to offer Gifty a contract). Maybe the club figured it was better to try and keep Foran who at least got along with the playing group (particularly the senior players) than have someone in the team no one else wanted to be around?

It all went pear shaped though didn't it.

I seriously hope that he hasn't been in Gutho's ear about moving to the Tits, or any other player for that matter (especially the Trbojevic's). Though I wouldn't mind betting its more Gutho's manager who is telling him to keep his options open, to think with his head and not his heart.

Player managers.....the bain of a professional sporting clubs existence. They couldn't give a rats backside about loyalty, its all about the $$$ to them. The more their clients sign for the better and they don't care who its with.

Or maybe the story behind this thread is a completely unsubstantiated rumour that should simply be ignored.

Now there is potential for someone in the press to pick-up and run with it, adding to the self-licking ice cream that is the rumour mill currently surrounding this Club.

Exactly - hysteria to blame all departures on an unpopular Player.
Its easy to blame Chez but $$$$ Talks.

Take this year, poor Gutho lasted half a game - he has to go for the money, wherever it is on offer, as his next injury could be career ending. @:cool:

When it was announced the DCE is all over recruitment for the Titans he should have been marched then

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7