Clinton Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Clinton wanted to play full back and with Tommy having that job when Snake retires it was decided he had a better chance of playing 1st grade in other teams. At that stage we also had Hiku so he was way down the pecking order. I had always hoped he would play centre when our 2 champions retire but at this point in time it doesn't look like it.

I think Clinton wanted to play full back and with Tommy having that job when Snake retires it was decided he had a better chance of playing 1st grade in other teams. At that stage we also had Hiku so he was way down the pecking order. I had always hoped he would play centre when our 2 champions retire but at this point in time it doesn't look like it.
Gordon has already stated that he wants to play another 2 years so gutherson won't get a look in at fullback until 2019 at the earliest

He will be back at Brookvale by then.

Three reasons:

a. Parramatta are getting him at a bargain basement price, Manly are almost certainly paying the bulk of it. Unless he develops into the Caucasian Radradra, the Glue and Olds will probably balk at paying him his full value when the current deal ends;

b. The salary cap stumbling blocks, Fateo and Bargess, whose intransigence forced Hiku and Beakerson out, will be gone; and

c. Even with the Beaker look happening, he is too handsome to pass for a Parramatta player in the first place!

He will be back at Brookvale by then.

Three reasons:

a. Parramatta are getting him at a bargain basement price, Manly are almost certainly paying the bulk of it. Unless he develops into the Caucasian Radradra, the Glue and Olds will probably balk at paying him his full value when the current deal ends;

b. The salary cap stumbling blocks, Fateo and Bargess, whose intransigence forced Hiku and Beakerson out, will be gone; and

c. Even with the Beaker look happening, he is too handsome to pass for a Parramatta player in the first place!
Are you sure with the deal? I thought with him and Hiku they both in effect agreed to terminate their Manly deals and signed new deals with their current clubs.

They weren't getting them for cents on the dollar because it wasn't a requirement that they go, it was if they wanted to play first grade look elsewhere. Once they found clubs they were released. That doesn't always mean you pick up the tab.

Gutherson has looked average at best, though his long break from the game suggests judgement by round 15 will show more accurately, deserves more time.
Hiku does look fitter, but in his preferred centre position has let in many tries & line breaks, not through lack of effort but poor reads & execution. Hiku has always been whole hearted...this is not new...does look a tad faster but will never be anything flash, to move on & keep Turbo as long term fullback will always prove the logical outcome.

Gutherson was very good tonight.

No mistakes and I am sure no 42 year old forward would have run him down

He may be referring to his name.;)

Clinton/Clint is an unfortunate sounding name. Clit, Clunt, etc, you get the idea.

Combining it with a surname like Gutherson is plain stupid - a clumsily conceived mess.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8