Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We failed to make the semi finals for the first time in a very long time and that unfortunately was a failure . If I didn't perform and my boss sacked me I would also require a lawyer to assist me in getting a full payout as well
Ridiculous analogy as 2v was fired prior to round 5 of a 26 round season.:mad:
How did Manly know that the Team would lose enough games to miss the Top 8?

Plus the condition of his contract did not stipulate making the finals :cool:
That KPI is merely part of his bonus package, which they reportedly withheld inspite of 3 consecutive year's of meeting that KPI :mad:

2v's sacking was not performanced based, and everyone knows that even outside of the NRL. :nod:

Ridiculous analogy as 2v was fired prior to round 5 of a 26 round season.:mad:
How did Manly know that the Team would lose enough games to miss the Top 8?

Plus the condition of his contract did not stipulate making the finals :cool:
That KPI is merely part of his bonus package, which they reportedly withheld inspite of 3 consecutive year's of meeting that KPI :mad:

2v's sacking was not performanced based, and everyone knows that even outside of the NRL. :nod:
I agree that the sacking was agenda based but you also have to agree our teams results helped justify the agenda
Your round 5 analogy
Round 1 defeated by the Eels 42 to 12
Round 2 win against the Storm 24 to 22
Round 3 defeated by the Dogs 16 to 12
Round 4 defeated by the Dragons 12 to 4
Round 5 defeated by the Raiders 29 to 16

I agree that the sacking was agenda based but you also have to agree our teams results helped justify the agenda
Your round 5 analogy
Round 1 defeated by the Eels 42 to 12
Round 2 win against the Storm 24 to 22
Round 3 defeated by the Dogs 16 to 12
Round 4 defeated by the Dragons 12 to 4
Round 5 defeated by the Raiders 29 to 16
2010 we would have finished ninth without scum intervention

Do you fire Des for 9th?
Where did Des come in his first year?

Were you watching or were you part of the Chooks then? Or busy selecting the loosingest state of origin team ever assembled

Do you fire Des for 9th?

Were you watching or were you part of the Chooks then? Or busy selecting the loosingest state of origin team ever assembled
I understand where you are coming from feathered friend but the difference with Des was that he did not favour the wrong faction and that's why he kept his job . Human nature is to be loyal to people that are loyal to you .
In regards to the loosingest state of origin team ever selected the fact is that the QLD era was so dominant that even NSW coaches with the calibre of Craig Bellamy could out coach the class of the QLD team . At the end of the day Quality players win games not selectors and coaches .

Do you fire Des for 9th?

As I have said previously, absolutely no one in NSW, or anywhere else for that matter, could have chosen a good enough NSW team to beat Qld. NSW just had a weak era and Qld had a strong one. This blaming the selectors theory holds no water whatsoever.

I agree that the sacking was agenda based...
Almost everyone agrees with you that Toov's sacking was fundamentally agenda based. The strong word around the traps, before a ball had been kicked this season, was that Toovs was gone this year because he was on the wrong side of the fence. And Penn has now as good as confirmed this agenda himself with his comments about Toovs not resigning Gift as a "significant" reason for Toovs' sacking.

Was Toovs' 2014 Gift decision the right one? Penn's actions in failing to sign Gift now, at a significant discount, speak louder than Penn's words. His current actions evidence that Penn has now shifted to a polar opposite position, so he now agrees with Toovs' 2014 assessment. The class thing to do would be to admit Toovs got that decision right, or at least to not now continue to claim Toovs got it wrong, and to use it as a "significant" public reason for sacking him.

Has Penn made the right decision in sacking Toovs & numerous others? Only time will tell. Sometimes things need a really big shake-up. People get stale doing the same thing they've become accustomed to doing. We've all noticed this in jobs we've done. And fresh eyes provide fresh perspectives. Fields need to be ploughed and reseeded with different crops. Change in the world and within is inevitable, and a culture of change is needed to align with these rapid changes. Penn would have needed to make his plans, and taken actions, early before the fullness of results eventuated. Otherwise he would miss out on prospective replacements.

The classy thing, the less divisive thing, to do would be to focus on the strategy (making fundamental changes) - rather than proposed failures/inadequacies in the individuals - as public reasons for going in a different direction.

We failed to make the semi finals for the first time in a very long time and that unfortunately was a failure . If I didn't perform and my boss sacked me I would also require a lawyer to assist me in getting a full payout as well
I don't get the point you are making. For Toovs, making the eight was a contract bonus, not a contractual stipulation.

If you expected a prospective employer to not pay your full legal/contractual entitlements without you engaging a lawyer, then why in hell would you work for them? Why would you think this type of employer behaviour is "classy"?

To be fair, that was Bellamy wasn't it?
Bozo has had his fingers in that pie since the turn of the millennium

He's also had a hand in picking the coaches

His immortal status and status as our best ever coach has really overrated his actual talent

As a coach himself i have him above Des who never won us a JJ Gilitan or however it's spelt

To be fair, that was Bellamy wasn't it?

Does it matter? We have had handfuls of **** for the last 10 years at origin level, with the exception of Hayne and a few others. No one will name a team to beat Qld. They will just keep bleating on about rubbish. Put a team up and we will debate things.

Orford>Kimmorley
Anyone>Gidley
Carney at half
Snake at fb
Dugan to a wing
Hayne on the other
Jennings and Fergie in the centres
Starting Back row of Choc,Bird and Stewart every time
Farah always at hooker
Maloney or Soward in the 6
Bench would have Pearce and Lewis as twin utilities
Captain would be Farah
Gallen as one prop,other 3 props would be selected on form as would any injury coverage

We'd have fluked a few series wins instead of 8 straight

LOL. Dugan, Ferguson and Carney in the same side. We'd win the party, that's for sure

Didn't he also play Snake on the wing when he was selected at fullback? - from the bench

Was Bozo the puppetmaster then too?

The way I remember it, Bozo had a big hand in team selection and Snake was selected at fullback then Bellamy benched him. Could be wrong though.

Orford>Kimmorley
Anyone>Gidley
Carney at half
Snake at fb
Dugan to a wing
Hayne on the other
Jennings and Fergie in the centres
Starting Back row of Choc,Bird and Stewart every time
Farah always at hooker
Maloney or Soward in the 6
Bench would have Pearce and Lewis as twin utilities
Captain would be Farah
Gallen as one prop,other 3 props would be selected on form as would any injury coverage

We'd have fluked a few series wins instead of 8 straight

Sorry, I am not convinced with the alternatives at all, but just my opinion. They tried all those players and they failed as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6