Club For Sale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TV Show was just a part of it. The biggest loser is actually tied to the online weight loss program he runs. Which sells and is managed globally. The TV show also has a global footprint.

I believe he has interests in many other areas, and is a shareholder of many other weight loss companies.

I've met Scott a few times in social circumstances and always liked him, being this far away from brookie I now am somewhat disengaged from all the politics and am just happy to be watching football. However I will say that some decisions have been made that were forced into the Penn family hands not made because they wanted to make them, beyond that some other things that in current terms may seem sad for us fans has also been made, but I think we will look back with hindsight and think, yup that was the right call.

The club needs a new era, we are currently sitting stoking the dying embers of the Hasler golden period, and starting to stagnate badly, so a new era and change needs to come in and I am happy that the club is actually trying something and trying for a new coaching style and era and adapting to the current way football is being played. The old formulas are no longer working so we need to adapt with them
Dan, I've been accused of being Scott Penn but after reading that I think you might be ;)

Dan, I've been accused of being Scott Penn but after reading that I think you might be ;)
The world is a place of infinite possibilities :)
I wish I had just a portion of his cash and bank balance. Scott if you are reading this, feel free to make that as an offer :)

TV Show was just a part of it. The biggest loser is actually tied to the online weight loss program he runs. Which sells and is managed globally. The TV show also has a global footprint.

I believe he has interests in many other areas, and is a shareholder of many other weight loss companies.

I've met Scott a few times in social circumstances and always liked him, being this far away from brookie I now am somewhat disengaged from all the politics and am just happy to be watching football. However I will say that some decisions have been made that were forced into the Penn family hands not made because they wanted to make them, beyond that some other things that in current terms may seem sad for us fans has also been made, but I think we will look back with hindsight and think, yup that was the right call.

The club needs a new era, we are currently sitting stoking the dying embers of the Hasler golden period, and starting to stagnate badly, so a new era and change needs to come in and I am happy that the club is actually trying something and trying for a new coaching style and era and adapting to the current way football is being played. The old formulas are no longer working so we need to adapt with them
Yep - but some decisions were vindictive vengance & not in the interest of the club or the business. sometimes as a business owner you have to step back & put personal issues behind the best interest of the business / shareholders.

That would suggest that the FC are negative to and about everything and everyone. Surely this can't be the case?
I certainly hope not because that would mean there will never be peace and we may as well chuck it in now.

For mind there are almost always going to be competing interests. One one hand you have the FC who (rightly) place traditions and identity ahead of commercial interests, on the other you have private owners who are keen to see some sort of return for their money (or at least reduce the amount of outlay)

Yep - but some decisions were vindictive vengance & not in the interest of the club or the business. sometimes as a business owner you have to step back & put personal issues behind the best interest of the business / shareholders.
Not even close to what I meant.

The world is a place of infinite possibilities :)
I wish I had just a portion of his cash and bank balance. Scott if you are reading this, feel free to make that as an offer :)
I wonder if they have considered a float......1000000 shares @ $20 is $20Mil, hey they could even lie that the float value is equal to the Gov investment.....

I will say that some decisions have been made that were forced into the Penn family hands not made because they wanted to make them, beyond that some other things that in current terms may seem sad for us fans has also been m
What were these decisions Dan?

For mind there are almost always going to be competing interests. One one hand you have the FC who (rightly) place traditions and identity ahead of commercial interests, on the other you have private owners who are keen to see some sort of return for their money (or at least reduce the amount of outlay)
That may be true lsz. But what do the FC really have any control over, any power in, any influence in?

Some colours and where some games are played? Apart from that, all they can seek to do is be a futile, ignored voice for the club's traditions and its supporters.

In reality, for almost everything, there is only one "side" here.

That may be true lsz. But what do the FC really have any control over, any power in, any influence in?

Some colours and where some games are played? Apart from that, all they can seek to do is be a futile, ignored voice for the club's traditions and its supporters.

In reality, for almost everything, there is only one "side" here.
The power of instability....if they are unhappy

I wonder if they have considered a float......1000000 shares @ $20 is $20Mil, hey they could even lie that the float value is equal to the Gov investment.....
A float would cover buying them out but then they'd have to do a capital raising every year to cover operating costs...

Hugh Jackman should just make a new Wolverine movie every year and use some of that $ to buy and run the club = win win

I'm sure Deborra won't mind... much. There's plenty to go around

I admit, I am no Hugh Jackman fan, but I heard him on the Grill Team a few mornings ago talking very passionately about the Club, especially in regards to our man Tooves. He loves Tooves and all he stands for.

I would love it if he bought the Club. Money is a drop in the ocean and he is a massive fan. Win-win.

I admit, I am no Hugh Jackman fan, but I heard him on the Grill Team a few mornings ago talking very passionately about the Club, especially in regards to our man Tooves. He loves Tooves and all he stands for.

I would love it if he bought the Club. Money is a drop in the ocean and he is a massive fan. Win-win.
First piece of business upon buying club ,sack Barrett & reinstate TOoves.I bet we all can help with item #2 on the agenda !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4