Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Cool lets virtue signal our way to a new jersey.
Absolutely no reason to dip their toes into politics here, yet here we go. Wouldnt be surprised to see a religious type like Josh Aloiai refuse to wear it and then we have another storm in a teacup.

Against Anzac Day jerseys and celebrations as well?

Same as saying it would be nice if gay people were still in the closet. Rainbows are still rainbows. If you look at a rainbow and think how terrible it is that gay people are allowed to live the same lives as everyone else, then the problem is yours.
As an old lesbian from back in the day when we were forced to be deeply in the closet, the rainbow flag was a sign of hope, acceptance, and solidarity.
Meanwhile, you can look at a rainbow and enjoy it for the magnificence that it is. No need for baggage.
Beautifully said. We all are the same flesh and blood. Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. 🙂

Are you really comparing Anzac Day with Gay Pride? Perhaps In the spirit of inclusivity we should have a jersey with crescent moon next week, and one with a cross the week after. Perhaps we can get one changed to the colours of the Ukrainian flag the week after that. Don't forget the environment, we could play in the nude one week...
I'm all for inclusivity, but thats bonkers. Over 27000 Diigers sacrificed their lives and another 23000 were wounded so that we could have the opportunity to live freely. This is not just limited to gay pride, but also religion and broader culture.

Completely different in my view mate. Corporates are really doing this because they don’t want to be accused or bullied. I.e. by the presumptive view by not virtue signalling somehow means you are phobic towards a specific indentity group. This is what all this is really about thus the cynicism.

In respect to Anzac Day that celebrates the history of our country and the sacrifices of the generations that had to ensure the horrors of war. Also in context to rugby league there has always being a strong connection with RSL groups.

If we are truly serious about supporting people of diversity it’s more about creating inclusive environments that are not always on show for the public to see. That’s what really counts, wearing a jersey is slap stick BS to appease lobby groups.

Ian Roberts was the first League player to come out of the closet. Has there been others since? It's strange considering how tolerant society is these days. Of course, many NRLW players are openly gay.
Yeah its a shame that in professional sports (male) there still seems to be a barrier.

I know a player at a famous Sydney club that is gay but still keeps it hush hush....must be tough holding back part of yourself

Completely different in my view mate. Corporates are really doing this because they don’t want to be accused or bullied. I.e. by the presumptive view by not virtue signalling somehow means you are phobic towards a specific indentity group. This is what all this is really about thus the cynicism.

In respect to Anzac Day that celebrates the history of our country and the sacrifices of the generations that had to ensure the horrors of war. Also in context to rugby league there has always being a strong connection with RSL groups.

If we are truly serious about supporting people of diversity it’s more about creating inclusive environments that are not always on show for the public to see. That’s what really counts, wearing a jersey is slap stick BS to appease lobby groups.

Agreed creating inclusive environments is key but don't underestimate the importance of representation and public shows of support to historically marginalised groups.

I see onlyy positives and can't for the life of me think of a negative to get people riled up

Oh boy, always disheartening to see how far we have to go as a society.

Jersey looks great and proud of the club for showing their support
We need to accept people for thier right to their desires. There is so much more to a person than their sexual desires. I don’t think it is something we need to celebrate though. I mean peoples sexual desires, it something we do need to accept. I don’t think wearing a slap stick jersey one week of the year really means much. So many more genuine ways support can be demonstrated where it counts especially when not in the view of the general public.

Old mate said “Absolutely no reason to dip their toes into politics here”. So when is there a reason to dip their toes into politics? Couldn’t get more political than a World War, especially World War I.

“Sport and politics shouldn’t mix unless I agree with the component of politics which is being proposed”.

If you get flustered over a pride jersey, then odds are you have an issue with the community it’s trying to support.

The fact there is a such a kickback to the concept proves why the concept is important.

Are you really comparing Anzac Day with Gay Pride? Perhaps In the spirit of inclusivity we should have a jersey with crescent moon next week, and one with a cross the week after. Perhaps we can get one changed to the colours of the Ukrainian flag the week after that. Don't forget the environment, we could play in the nude one week...
I'm all for inclusivity, but thats bonkers. Over 27000 Diigers sacrificed their lives and another 23000 were wounded so that we could have the opportunity to live freely. This is not just limited to gay pride, but also religion and broader culture.

Take a nap champ. You're getting so wound up over a jersey that is celebrating diversity and inclusion. You're entitled to hold your views, (after all, that is what our diggers fought for), but those views are quickly becoming outdated and have no place in modern society.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate that OUR club is actually leading the way and setting an example for once. If you can't appreciate the sentiment behind the jersey, then at least be proud our club is taking charge and setting an example for others to follow.

Love the condecension for daring to put up an opinion that we should leave politics out of sport as it might create issues for our club having employed players who are religious and could have a problem promoting it as it stands in direct opposition to their religious beliefs.

For clarity, I am not a religious type and believe in inclusivity for all as written in the universal declaration of human rights, not just the popular cause of the day. You don't achieve inclusivity and diversity by excluding someone else.

The terms "old mate", "take a nap champ" etc tell me that if a player does have an issue with the issue on the grounds of religion then they will get cancelled by the angry mob and the situation could have been totally avoided by the club

I would have thought an "Inclusivity Day" with some Sea Eagles players/staff, might have been a better way to go about promoting the topic without compromising beliefs of opposing groups or player beliefs?

“Sport and politics shouldn’t mix unless I agree with the component of politics which is being proposed”.

If you get flustered over a pride jersey, then odds are you have an issue with the community it’s trying to support.

The fact there is a such a kickback to the concept proves why the concept is important.
” The fact there is a such a kickback to the concept proves why the concept is important”
LOL every one has a right to a view. Your above comment appears to say if people disagree with me that makes my opinion even more important.

Love the condecension for daring to put up an opinion that we should leave politics out of sport as it might create issues for our club having employed players who are religious and could have a problem promoting it as it stands in direct opposition to their religious beliefs.

For clarity, I am not a religious type and believe in inclusivity for all as written in the universal declaration of human rights, not just the popular cause of the day. You don't achieve inclusivity and diversity by excluding someone else.

The terms "old mate", "take a nap champ" etc tell me that if a player does have an issue with the issue on the grounds of religion then they will get cancelled by the angry mob and the situation could have been totally avoided by the club

I would have thought an "Inclusivity Day" with some Sea Eagles players/staff, might have been a better way to go about promoting the topic without compromising beliefs of opposing groups or player beliefs?

Respectfully, you can't be upset that people chose to question your opinion. That is the nature of a public forum.

You make the assumption that the club hasn't already engaged with the playing group in regards to this issue. I'm sure an issue as important and potentially divisive as this has the full support of the squad.

For someone who isn't a religious type, you seem to be overly concerned about their opinions on the matter. For what it's worth, most religious people I encounter are generally accepting and tolerant of other people, as their book teaches them to be. It's the select, mouthy few on social media that like to use their religious agenda to discriminate against others.

Should a player come out and publicly refuse to wear the jersey, then lets discuss it, but until then why worry about hypotheticals? Suggesting wearing a rainbow strip somehow compromises peoples beliefs is laughable.

” The fact there is a such a kickback to the concept proves why the concept is important”
LOL every one has a right to a view. Your above comment appears to say if people disagree with me that makes my opinion even more important.

Have a read on Twitter if you want to melt your brain a bit, some of the comments on there might change your view, if you aren’t a bigot. Could only imagine what Facebook is like. All sorts of homophobic slurs. The fact that some of these terms are still widely used as insults does highlight why it’s important.

Anyway, the praise is outweighing the negative comments, which is something. Good work Manly.

Oh, you’re the victim now are you? Typical.

Wonder if Alioai is happy for you to imply he’s homophobic.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12