Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Have a read on Twitter if you want to melt your brain a bit, some of the comments on there might change your view, if you aren’t a bigot. Could only imagine what Facebook is like. All sorts of homophobic slurs. The fact that some of these terms are still widely used as insults does highlight why it’s important.

Anyway, the praise is outweighing the negative comments, which is something. Good work Manly.
If you read my initial post on this you will clearly see I am not a bigot. Twitter is a cess pool and Facebook is not much better I don’t waste my time only use them when essential. Just because someone does’t think we should have a special jersey for this does not always imply the worst. I think Manly in this instance are using this a PR opportunity nothing more. The fact we give this oxygen will only encourage more of this. We will soon see special jerseys every second week. This breaks down real genuine meaning at the end of the day.

If you read my initial post on this you will clearly see I am not a bigot. Twitter is a cess pool and Facebook is not much better I don’t waste my time only use them when essential. Just because someone does’t think we should have a special jersey for this does not always imply the worst. I think Manly in this instance are using this a PR opportunity nothing more. The fact we give this oxygen will only encourage more of this. We will soon see special jerseys every second week. This breaks down real genuine meaning at the end of the day.

Well if you want to be cynical, what isn’t a PR exercise in a capitalist world? You were singing the praises of Anzac Day and how important it is, you think Anzac Day jerseys and Anzac Round isn’t a PR exercise?

“Ohh but it’s different”, yes different for you. Anzac Day is important to you and many others, recognition and acceptance of the LGBTQ community is important to many others as well.

Despite your insistence on not being a bigot, comments like “the fact we give this oxygen will only encourage more of this” sort of gives your game away.

What are your thoughts on our indigenous jersey?

Just a PR stunt?
Breaks down genunie meaning in the fight against racism?
Bad because it would promote other special jerseys?

Genuine questions here

What are your thoughts on our indigenous jersey?

Just a PR stunt?
Breaks down genunie meaning in the fight against racism?
Bad because it would promote other special jerseys?

Genuine questions here
I think all the special jerseys are woke PR stunts basically an attempt to claim virtues without doing any real work. I think it’s complete BS and fake. NB. I am not saying the causes are BS btw. I think virtue signalling in this way is BS.
Other than celebrate symbolic jerseys what have you done to support these causes you seem so passionate about? Genuine question.

Nice jersey nice sentiment. But man we have too many different jerseys this year. Was so excited about having the hoops back but we have barely worn it. 3 special jerseys in 3 weeks. Over the top imo

I think all the special jerseys are woke PR stunts basically an attempt to claim virtues without doing any real work. I think it’s complete BS and fake. NB. I am not saying the causes are BS btw. I think virtue signalling in this way is BS.
Other than celebrate symbolic jerseys what have you done to support these causes you seem so passionate about? Genuine question.
The point is not wear a jersey and pat yourself on the back the youve solved the worlds ills.

But rather showing public support for a cause helps open a dialogue and normalise.

Its not the be all and end all but the thought that it has a negative impact is a furphy IMO.

As for me, I live my life day to day being inclusive of others. I work in mental health including on a research project on suicide prevention for LGBTQI youth.

But this is not a personal battle between you and I. I've not inferred anything of your own personal views or beliefs.

I'm just curious as to why we are seeing such particular blowback to this jersey.

We didnt see it to ANZAC round, Indigenous round, community round, retro round.....admittedly we saw some to those Pointsbet black jerseys....but on the whole they were all largely consumed with little resistence.

Dunno, for me if there is a LGBTQI teen Manly fan out out there, who smiles seeing us run out in the jersey then all the better for it.

Why not just wear a jersey to support your team? I actually go to sport to switch off from a lot of controversies that overwhelm much of my life.

I have plenty of time to support causes that are dear to my heart. But this ESG stuff that corporates decide we should support is too much. League has a significant LGBTIQ fan base - good. It also has a significant Polynesian Christian and Mormon base - good. How do they coexist? By leaving pulpiteering at the gate and supporting our team.

BTW Ian Roberts would be great in Manly today. I used to marvel at his raking the ball in the play the ball. Can't do it these days, sadly.

I do not get what the issue is with the jersey it self (although I do understand people not liking the number of different ones we have each year - it is moving more to an EPL model)

If this helps any kid / adult / person who might be struggling with their identity then it would be more than worthwhile. My only hope that is followed up by the club with more off field programs to build on inclusion

The point is not wear a jersey and pat yourself on the back the youve solved the worlds ills.

But rather showing public support for a cause helps open a dialogue and normalise.

Its not the be all and end all but the thought that it has a negative impact is a furphy IMO.

As for me, I live my life day to day being inclusive of others. I work in mental health including on a research project on suicide prevention for LGBTQI youth.

But this is not a personal battle between you and I. I've not inferred anything of your own personal views or beliefs.

I'm just curious as to why we are seeing such particular blowback to this jersey.

We didnt see it to ANZAC round, Indigenous round, community round, retro round.....admittedly we saw some to those Pointsbet black jerseys....but on the whole they were all largely consumed with little resistence.

Dunno, for me if there is a LGBTQI teen Manly fan out out there, who smiles seeing us run out in the jersey then all the better for it.
good for you man. My view is not just in regards to this jersey btw. I pushed back against the points bet jersey and do not always monitor the site to post. If the club is genuinely interested in supporting the LGBTI community I look forward to hearing more about its contributions.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10