Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If the reports of the 7 players threatening to boycott are true, the club has probably erred in not thinking this through carefully enough. I believe there should have been a consultation behind closed doors with the players well in advance (and I'm assuming that didn't happen).

That said, I support the club on their decision to promote LGBTIQ and inclusivity. If there are players who refuse to wear the jersey because they don't agree with the cause then happy for them to sit out the game, and even happy for them to be released if they cannot reconcile these differences moving forward. If their issue is merely around being consulted then I'm sure that is something that can be acknowledged and learnt from, and quickly move forward.

It's 2022 and it's time we moved forward on this issue. It's just unfathomable that players (and even fans) can happily promote gambling and alcohol, yet take issue with the LGBTIQ community. We all know which of these three areas are creating the greatest damage in our communities.

Hope none of them have a gay kid. They'll be forced to boycott them. Oh that's right, that happens!
I know you feel strongly about the issue, BE, but that is deeply unfair. I know that happens (I often chat to a lady who that has happened to) but noone is force to boycott anyone. You don't know them and their families.

Well done boys - hopefully any such decision to boycott this weekend's game will be accepted under the inclusivity banner. How much more of this woke virtue signalling rubbish will sports clubs shove down our throats? Mardis Gras, drag queen reading hour, pre pubescent education about gender fluidity, and pride month (yes it is an entire month now) isn't enough already? The good old ANZACS are happy with a day.

I wonder if Peter Flopsimmons will label our boys as heroes like he did with the Muslim girl who refused to wear a rainbow jersey (or was it socks,?) for religious reasons in the AFLW earlier this year. Plenty of dykes on bikes (dressed up as nuns in mockery if course) will be up in arms I imagine.

Again I say, well done lads - I really hope it's true.

I have so much second hand embarrassment just from reading this dribble. What an appalling post.

Both those organisations (important concept to understand) sponsor the team / jersey … the gay pride jersey insinuates the players are behind being gay
So both are on the jersey but have a different message...? OK...
The pride jersey 'insinuates' that the CLUB (as it was commissioned by the club not individual players) stands against bigotry and discrimination against people on the basis of their sexuality...
See I can do it too...

If the reports of the 7 players threatening to boycott are true, the club has probably erred in not thinking this through carefully enough. I believe there should have been a consultation behind closed doors with the players well in advance (and I'm assuming that didn't happen).

That said, I support the club on their decision to promote LGBTIQ and inclusivity. If there are players who refuse to wear the jersey because they don't agree with the cause then happy for them to sit out the game, and even happy for them to be released if they cannot reconcile these differences moving forward. If their issue is merely around being consulted then I'm sure that is something that can be acknowledged and learnt from, and quickly move forward.

It's 2022 and it's time we moved forward on this issue. It's just unfathomable that players (and even fans) can happily promote gambling and alcohol, yet take issue with the LGBTIQ community. We all know which of these three areas are creating the greatest damage in our communities.

How would you rate what is worse? Homophobia? Yes, a big issue. Gambling? Massive issue. Alcohol abuse? Surely that is the biggest issue. Massive problem in many communities, particularly some remote communities.

“People will think I’m gay if I wear a shirt with a rainbow on it”.

These dickheads just got comprehensively beaten by the Dragons in an inept display and they have the hide to say they’ll boycott the next game? They’re lucky they haven’t been dropped anyway.

I dont really get the timing of the Jersey as pride month was in June....but i guess we had commitments to wear Indigenous, retro, that wave thing or whatever that pushed our commitment to the LGBQTI+ community down the pecking order

Regardless, I cant remember the last time i saw us in our regular strip.

From an employee perspective, at work we have a Pride banner on our emails for the month of June, it causes division each year. But its the company's stance to support whoever they want and you signed a contract to work for that company so the email banner remains and you keep working.

How would you rate what is worse? Homophobia? Yes, a big issue. Gambling? Massive issue. Alcohol abuse? Surely that is the biggest issue. Massive problem in many communities, particularly some remote communities.
Gotta admit that I HATE that we are sponsored by PointsBet and 4 Pines is only slightly better than Lottoland... but where was the outrage from these players about those issues and the morality of those decisions? crickets
These blokes are utterly entitled to make a moralistic stand but the club are also entitled to hold them accountable for a lack of commitment to their team...

“People will think I’m gay if I wear a shirt with a rainbow on it”.

These dickheads just got comprehensively beaten by the Dragons in an inept display and they have the hide to say they’ll boycott the next game? They’re lucky they haven’t been dropped anyway.
One of them was our best player on the night. They are allowed to have convictions, Volley, just as you and I are.

With all news today the roosters will be licking there lips, we are just gifting them this game the way we are going.

this is our season on the line Thursday Night

I just hope we can put up a fight because I hate the roosters more than this debate we are having today.

So when are we going to have ‘Christianity round’ with a big cross on our ‘Christianity round’ jersey? Surely given over half of our players are Polynesian and I’ll bet most of them are Christian, we should have a special round for their beliefs? You know, to be inclusive?? I’m betting there’s way more Christians in our society than there are LGBTQ people? Imagine the uproar from the woke left if that was introduced for next round - without consultation. I know who’s he screaming the loudest! And no, I’m not Christian!!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8