Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seems like the jersey situation is a complete stuff up by the club. However, if anyone truly understood the essence of their religion (not some fundamentalist version of it), they would also understand that true love embraces all and does not discriminate.

So both are on the jersey but have a different message...? OK...
The pride jersey 'insinuates' that the CLUB (as it was commissioned by the club not individual players) stands against bigotry and discrimination against people on the basis of their sexuality...
See I can do it too...
It’s a divisive issue and anyone who doesn’t think it is has their head in the clouds . Why can’t the club concentrate on what most fans pay their hard earned to see / support . Results on the field.

We have enough ‘groups’ trying to convince us we are all bad people if you don’t take to the streets and support the latest woke issue.

And I’m sorry , your freedom of thought ends where mine starts. I respect you’re a rainbow bearing tosser, respect that I’m not.

How would you rate what is worse? Homophobia? Yes, a big issue. Gambling? Massive issue. Alcohol abuse? Surely that is the biggest issue. Massive problem in many communities, particularly some remote communities.
They're all big social issues. It's just telling that we accept major sponsors in two of these areas without so much as a whimper. Our culture tends to promote alcohol and gambling and it gets "rammed down our throats" daily, all around us... yet, some people complain about the one time we wear a jersey to make a stand against one of these issues... "Don't ram messages down our throats" :rolleyes:

Seems like the jersey situation is a complete stuff up by the club. However, if anyone truly understood the essence of their religion (not some fundamentalist version of it), they would also understand that true love embraces all and does not discriminate.
Perfect!

It’s a divisive issue and anyone who doesn’t think it is has their head in the clouds . Why can’t the club concentrate on what most fans pay their hard earned to see / support . Results on the field.

We have enough ‘groups’ trying to convince us we are all bad people if you don’t take to the streets and support the latest woke issue.

And I’m sorry , your freedom of thought ends where mine starts. I respect you’re a rainbow bearing tosser, respect that I’m not.
I don't respect anybody's right to be a bigot and disguise it in a selective interpretation of a cobbled together bunch of stories about a bloke who ran around the desert with his 12 same-sex 'friends'... its a rainbow stripe - they can play or not play (and f*ck right off)

No wonder these guys are struggling to make the 8 and fading in games with such a weak mental mindset like this.

It’s a jersey boys, no-one is forcing you to marry or **** another dude.
To be fair,at the moment it’s only Manly wearing the jerseys,but given the % of Polynesians in the comp,I’d wager every other club would have similar issues if they chose to where a similar themed jersey

If the reports of the 7 players threatening to boycott are true, the club has probably erred in not thinking this through carefully enough. I believe there should have been a consultation behind closed doors with the players well in advance (and I'm assuming that didn't happen).

That said, I support the club on their decision to promote LGBTIQ and inclusivity. If there are players who refuse to wear the jersey because they don't agree with the cause then happy for them to sit out the game, and even happy for them to be released if they cannot reconcile these differences moving forward. If their issue is merely around being consulted then I'm sure that is something that can be acknowledged and learnt from, and quickly move forward.

It's 2022 and it's time we moved forward on this issue. It's just unfathomable that players (and even fans) can happily promote gambling and alcohol, yet take issue with the LGBTIQ community. We all know which of these three areas are creating the greatest damage in our communities.
Why do we have to promote queers.
I don't think it's rugby leagues responsibility champion people's sexual preference's. If you want to stick your dick up another blokes bum go & do it. I don't think anyone should be forced to wear a jersey promoting it if its not your thing.

I don't respect anybody's right to be a bigot and disguise it in a selective interpretation of a cobbled together bunch of stories about a bloke who ran around the desert with his 12 same-sex 'friends'... its a rainbow stripe - they can play or not play (and f*ck right off)
Wonderful nuance, Frank. We can't answer that. Beautifully argued, mate.

I don't think it's rugby leagues responsibility champion people's sexual preference's. If you want to stick your dick up another blokes bum go & do it. I don't think anyone should be forced to wear a jersey promoting it if its not your thing.
Your point is EXACTLY what the pride movement supports...
It supports the right for others to live their best life, it is not a recruitment march lol

Morals and virtues should not be forced upon the players or anyone for that matter.
If a player does not want to wear a pride jersey they should not have too. It does not automatically mean that they are bad people or want to intentionally hurt anyone. It’s one thing to accept peoples differences it’s another thing to force people to celebrate it. Personally I would not have a problem wearing the jersey and more importantly helping people in anyway I could to feel included in society. Forcing morals upon people will do no one any good especially those who are on the margin.

Haha probably not an eloquent as the outrange mob would like to read BUT you make an important point. It’s one thing to say / prohibit someone from saying something. It’s another thing altogether forcing them to support issues.

Morals and virtues should not be forced upon the players or anyone for that matter.
If a player does not want to wear a pride jersey they should not have too. It does not automatically mean that they are bad people or want to intentionally hurt anyone. It’s one thing to accept peoples differences it’s another thing to force people to celebrate it. Personally I would not have a problem wearing the jersey and more importantly helping people in anyway I could to feel included in society. Forcing morals upon people will do no one any good especially those who are on the margin.
It is a Manly jersey... the players can state their personal views (as they are doing) and then take the field and play their a**es off for Manly...

This is terrible, my heart is breaking, our beautiful manly sea eagles have sold their soul to leftist corruption. The same leftism that has turned the people into spineless jellyfish, too scared to follow their beliefs or voice their opinions, as they are forced to conform to irrational woke movements.

The issue is not about promoting queers or blokes sticking dicks up bums as you eloquently put it... it's about making an effort to create community and belongingness, to bring certain communities/groups that have felt ostracised, bullied, disempowered and silenced, in to the fold, to show acceptance and compassion for difference. We all have an innate need to belong in our tribes and feel wanted and safe. So, instead of creating "others" and pushing them out, we are trying to build respect, compassion and acceptance. These are fundamental needs for all of us as humans.

It’s one thing to say / prohibit someone from saying something. It’s another thing altogether forcing them to support issues.
At the end of the day it's a jersey (same as if my work gave me a uniform), if my employer is paying my wages than I wear it (i don't choose it).
Are they forced to be supporters of gambling or alcohol because of our regular jersey?
Everyone needs to suck it up and get on with it for the one game in my opinion! More important issue of 2 points at stake!

Have they come out and slammed gay folk? You’re calling them bigots for refusing to act on a cause. If you’re not protesting climate change , it means you’re a climate denier then?
Emotion is overtaking logic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10