Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thank @The Wheel
Great to start our Season with winning Smiles

Try time !
The Power and the Passion of Vaega the Manly erupting Volcano
Oh yeah...Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega celebrates a try

Try Time !
The Great Fulton Legacy Lives on
Four pointer...Zac Fulton dives over from a grubber kick

Try Time !
The Great Winning Sea eagle Spirit is Alive and will thrive in 2023

The boys celebrate Zac Fulton's try

The Classy Myers
He has the ball in his hands and the NRL World at his feet

Fletcher Myers

With the Fearless Fainu and Fifita in our pack
Our Flat track Bullies days are well and truly over

Samuela Fainu

What a game well done to the chiefs one of the better superbowls ever.
Yeah, lifetime Chiefs fan here. The Eagles (my second-favourite NFL team) played pretty much the perfect game - dominated the clock with their maddeningly hard to defend style of running everything from the shotgun, and kept the KC offence - and Mahomes - off the field. But it still wasn't enough to win the game. Incredible win by the Chiefs.

Thank you @The Wheel

One of my Many Manly Favourite players is the Skilful Schue
Skill is Sexy and our Talented and Trim and fit looking Schuster has to be the Sexiest Six in the Game

The six jersey means everything to me
Josh Schuster

Nice story.

Should we start nicknaming him the ‘Third Man’? Because he doesn’t mind a spot of ‘third person’ dialogue.;)
You referring to this? Lol
“I’m hungrier than ever to show what Josh Schuster is really about,’’

1676271287239.jpeg

Manly Sea Eagles - Five-eighth​

After Manly decided to let Foran go to the Gold Coast, plenty of expectation has been heaped on Josh Schuster’s shoulders to pick up the slack.

Anthony Seibold has gone on record saying he will be handed the first opportunity to stake his claims for the No.6 jersey.

Yet the 21-year-old is coming off his most disappointing season so far in his young career. He scored one try, made a solitary linebreak, offloaded just twice and made an average of 44 metres per game.

After announcing himself on the scene in 2021, Schuster regressed massively as he was reduced to 13 appearances with most of those coming off the bench.

Cooper Johns has also been signed and acts as a genuine alternative should the new coach decide that Schuster isn’t cutting it alongside Daly Cherry-Evans.

BackNext

5. Gordon Chan Kum Tong (Manly Sea Eagles) - hooker​

While his name is certainly a mouthful and a half, Gordon Chan Kum Tong will ensure it's one you learn by season's end.
Close to a debut late last season, the young hooker put on a show in the Sea Eagle's narrow win over the Rabbitohs on Friday night, and offers an entirely different playing style to current No. 9 Lachlan Croker.
The rake's running game was on display as he tore through South Sydney's middle third, and may have run directly into Manly's best 17 as the electric Chan Kum Tong made a statement.

The Fan Day was awesome, very well organised (apart from lack of an outdoor PA) and very well attended, considering the heat. Here's a bit of a summary.

Saw the firsts training, they all looked sharp and appeared to be being conditioned for the heat in the forthcoming few weeks. Seibs spoke to them at the end and then they all high-fived each other (may not be unusual but I thought it was a nice touch).

Next were 2 Q&A sessions in the Members' Lounge for (all) members only - the 1st with Seibs, DCE and Jake. Apparently the 2nd was with Seibs, DCE and Reuben. There were many Q&A's. Seibs spoke very well and answered some curly questions (eg his time at Brisbane) from members impressively. Another question was about coaching with Eddie Jones and he said he gained much knowledge from him. He also told EJ to keep his hands off Koula! Has focused a lot in the offseason on 'togetherness'.

DCE answered a question about who's impressed him in the offseason by saying Koula and Cooper Johns. Is also going to miss his good friend and former teammate in Foz but is looking forward to seeing some new players step up and get their chance.

Jake spoke with a slightly emotional voice about the highlight of his career being round 9 in 2022 when the 3 brothers were named and played in the starting side against the Tigers and Ben scored 2 tries.

The local clubs had tents set-up in the park behind Brookie and the players who are local juniors were in their respective tents signing and having photos with the fans. Other non-local players mingled with the fans. I have to say all the players were very well behaved, friendly, accommodating and grateful for our support and good wishes. Many players in last night's trial game were there and all the lower grade/trial & replacement/fringe players were so pleased that we actually knew who they were and talked to them on their progress and hopes for the future.

Well done Manly!

PS I'm not in any of the Fan Day photos but I did manage to briefly talk to Cuzzo (who hosted the Q&A). I asked him how Fletcher Myers is but he said he hadn't heard. My son praised him for all the informative articles on players and offseason activities he has published. Cuzzo also mentioned how 'open' Seibold is with himself, the media and players' availability to the media. And one last thing - Cuzzo said now that the 'old contacts' have gone, the media aren't going to publish stories before Manly do.
Thanks. What a great summary

Gordo works for me........ala Turbo, Burbo etc etc etc
Sure. But remember how impossible "Olakau'atu" seemed when he first came to notice? Everyone has easily got used to it. It's simply down to familiarity.
Tuaimalo Vaega is about 7 syllables but we're more used to names like that now and I haven't heard anyone joking how hard that one is.

Thank you @Brookie Bob

Tiger Tuilagi is on a Mission at the Sea eagles ...

Quote ....
“I marked up against Haumole. I was just hoping for the best, trying to tackle the bloke. He's a beast.
“It was one of the main reasons why I came to Manly…to build that second-row partnership with Haumole on the edges.

Our hopeful back row premiership winning pairing
Haumole and Tuilagi
Picture Complements from Manly Media
kelma-tuilagi2.jpg

Tickets now on sale for home games

Thanks @The Wheel

If we keep winning the trial games and keep up that winning Manly spirit that seduces the fans

The first Home game will be a sell out and a taste of sell out ticket sales to come

Manly supporters celebrate as the Sea Eagles win the NRL Preliminary ...

Reality Hard Facts...

When teams start to lose
Crowds attendance starts to decline
Because no one enjoys to go and watch losers
And this is why coaches and players get moved on

Winning is Indeed Everything
Especially at Manly

Lower our great standards
and we stand for nothing Great
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Just noticing that Papenhuyzen may be out for up to 8 weeks:

I was hoping that Olam would be out for longer (he's only gone for 6 weeks) - as we play them in Round 7, it would have been nice to get the jump on them at Brookvale without both Papenhuyzen and Olam....

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8