Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tolu Koula is tracking well post MCL repair for his left knee. Tolu is running comfortably and his strength is improving. He is expected to return to train with the playing group soon.
Thanks Wheel but I read that earlier today on the site and I'm buggered if I saw that last bit about Koula. I really must be going nuts. But good to get an update. :thumbsup:

I like big butts, and I cannot lie......... If so, I think @Woodsie was probably commenting on female gender-specific buttocks perhaps? i.e. Millie not Morgan.

No .. it is a well known fact that the buttocks are critical for both power and speed .... there have been very very few footballers without a proud pair of buttocks .... only one comes to mind .. Langlands ..

Wests Tigers centre Brent Naden and Sea Eagles forward Toafofoa Sipley are both facing 3-4 match bans for tackles following Saturday night's matches.

Sipley was charged with a Grade 2 crusher tackle on Titans winger Phil Sami. Given it is his second offence, Sipley faces a minimum of three weeks out.

Origin hopeful Haumole Olakau'atu charged for a crusher tackle on Tino Fa'asuamaleaui in the 58th minute.

Monday Buzz: Son of Manly Immortal Bob Fulton quits club to join Wests Tigers​

Just one family member of Manly’s greatest player Bob Fulton remains at the club after Wests Tigers landed a significant poaching blow.

Phil Rothfield

NRL

Manly Sea Eagles recruitment guru Scott Fulton has quit the club to join the Wests Tigers.
After Saturday night’s stirring win over the Panthers, it is a hugely significant appointment for the wooden spooners, who have struggled for more than a decade to build a competitive roster.
Fulton has been largely credited for Manly’s impressive list management in recent years.
The likes of Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula, Jason Saab, Josh Schuster, Taniela Paseka and Kelma Tuilagi were all identified and signed by Fulton.
The Wests Tigers have been terrible in recruitment for too long.
They paid over $800,000 for the likes of Moses Mbye, Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer and other players who just couldn’t aim up.
Fulton is expected to start straight away at the Wests Tigers.
While the club is celebrating Saturday night’s magnificent win, they are also being realistic about the amount of work ahead for the club to become a genuine premiership contender.
Hence the move for Fulton.

“It’s only one win and there’s still a long way to go,” said chairman Lee Hagipantelis said, “We won’t be getting ahead of ourselves.
“I’m just happy for the players, the coaching staff, our members, fans and our sponsors who have stuck solid over a tough period.”
It’s interesting that Hagipantelis personally accepts the blame for the Wests Tigers’ position while others have taken aim at CEO Justin Pascoe and called for axing.
“I don’t see how you can relate Justin’s role to on-field performance,” he said.
“People can think I’m being naive by saying that but Justin is fulfilling his role to the satisfaction of the board. He makes operational decisions on a day-to-day basis.
“He makes financial and commercial decisions – and we’ve done very well in those areas.
“His role with the football department is to ensure it’s fully resourced and funded.
“Justin has never appointed a coach or terminated a coach.

“He has never recruited a player. He does not have the authority to do that. The board signs off on that on the recommendation of a list management committee.”
Hagipantelis accepts full accountability himself for 273 days with a victory.
For the toughest days in the club’s history.
“I’m chairman of the and I’ll accept responsibility,” he said, “I’m accountable to the directors who appointed me.
“If they are dissatisfied with my performance they will tell me so and I will step down.
“It hasn’t got to that stage. After the win over Penrith I got some really encouraging messages from Nick Politis and Nick Pappas, two great chairman.
“It is very humbling. I’ve learnt a lot in this job but I have more to learn.”
He also insists the club is on the right track with veteran coach Tim Sheens and the plan for him to hand over Benji Marshall for 2025.
“Prior to the Penrith game we were pretty gutted,” he said.
“I can’t explain why we were zero from seven because I know how hard they’ve been working.
“As for Tim, I was in the sheds after the game in Bathurst.
“I watched as the players came in and the way they greeted Tim and how he is incredibly respected by the group.
“We have a two-year transition happening. And Tim thinks Benji has come far beyond where he expected him to be at this stage.

More Coverage​

Manly investigating fiery Schuster training brawl‘Mystifying’ Seibold calls prompt fears of Broncos disaster repeat

The NRL Tackle: Should Manly be concerned about coach Anthony Seibold’s recruitment, Brisbane failure?​

Manly fans have every right to wonder if they’re heading in the right direction – or down the nightmare path that led Brisbane to a wooden spoon, and Anthony Seibold getting the sack.

Paul Crawley

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Anthony Seibold will want to watch out that he doesn’t make the same mistakes that helped bury him in Brisbane.
How would you feel being a Manly fan waking on the weekend and reading that your club was in the process of potentially signing Kyle Flanagan to cover for Daly Cherry-Evans during Origin?
That’s coming on the back of what can only be described as an embarrassing 26-10 loss to the Titans, that again exposed how big a hole the injured Tom Trbojevic leaves in this team.
But the mere suggestion the club is also looking at bringing in young Flanagan, who was dropped by the Bulldogs this week, would have had Sea Eagles fans choking on their Sunday morning breakfast.

We have also read in recent days how Flanagan’s father Shane (who is currently Seibold’s Manly assistant) has now engaged Seibold’s agent Isaac Moses, as Flanagan chases a new head coaching gig.
It is important to make clear what our colleague Phil Rothfield wrote when he broke this story that Flanagan senior has played no part in this potential deal involving his son.
However, how Seibold could possibly see that young Flanagan’s arrival is going to somehow make Manly a better football team given his struggles at the Bulldogs is mystifying.
Let’s not forget the Sea Eagles already have Cooper Johns playing that back up role for the halves, although Johns has been promoted in the pecking order after they sent the ridiculously overpaid Josh Schuster away to work on his fitness and injuries.

But even if Manly only intends to sign young Flanagan for the rest of this season, surely the club has another youngster in the lower grades who should get the opportunity first.

And what makes this storyline even more intriguing is it follows the recent arrival of another Moses client in Aaron Woods that has also caused more than a few raised eyebrows.
It didn’t help that Woods’ arrival coincided with the release of young gun Manly forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake (who are managed by rival agent Mario Tartak) to the Dragons.

Broncos fans would remember that when Seibold was coaching Brisbane there was also concern expressed by club legend Gorden Tallis among others that Moses was gaining too big an influence over that roster.
Of course, the Sea Eagles now take on the Broncos in Friday night’s Magic Round opening blockbuster.

More Coverage​

What’s the Buzz: Toovey returning home to ManlyArms race: Six months to sign NRL’s biggest names
Seibold has come out over the weekend and said that he doesn’t hold any animosity against his former club.
I’m not so sure the majority of Broncos fans would say the same given the damage done during his short reign.

The NRL Tackle: Should Manly be concerned about coach Anthony Seibold’s recruitment, Brisbane failure?​

Manly fans have every right to wonder if they’re heading in the right direction – or down the nightmare path that led Brisbane to a wooden spoon, and Anthony Seibold getting the sack.

Paul Crawley

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Anthony Seibold will want to watch out that he doesn’t make the same mistakes that helped bury him in Brisbane.
How would you feel being a Manly fan waking on the weekend and reading that your club was in the process of potentially signing Kyle Flanagan to cover for Daly Cherry-Evans during Origin?
That’s coming on the back of what can only be described as an embarrassing 26-10 loss to the Titans, that again exposed how big a hole the injured Tom Trbojevic leaves in this team.
But the mere suggestion the club is also looking at bringing in young Flanagan, who was dropped by the Bulldogs this week, would have had Sea Eagles fans choking on their Sunday morning breakfast.

We have also read in recent days how Flanagan’s father Shane (who is currently Seibold’s Manly assistant) has now engaged Seibold’s agent Isaac Moses, as Flanagan chases a new head coaching gig.
It is important to make clear what our colleague Phil Rothfield wrote when he broke this story that Flanagan senior has played no part in this potential deal involving his son.
However, how Seibold could possibly see that young Flanagan’s arrival is going to somehow make Manly a better football team given his struggles at the Bulldogs is mystifying.
Let’s not forget the Sea Eagles already have Cooper Johns playing that back up role for the halves, although Johns has been promoted in the pecking order after they sent the ridiculously overpaid Josh Schuster away to work on his fitness and injuries.

But even if Manly only intends to sign young Flanagan for the rest of this season, surely the club has another youngster in the lower grades who should get the opportunity first.

And what makes this storyline even more intriguing is it follows the recent arrival of another Moses client in Aaron Woods that has also caused more than a few raised eyebrows.
It didn’t help that Woods’ arrival coincided with the release of young gun Manly forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake (who are managed by rival agent Mario Tartak) to the Dragons.

Broncos fans would remember that when Seibold was coaching Brisbane there was also concern expressed by club legend Gorden Tallis among others that Moses was gaining too big an influence over that roster.
Of course, the Sea Eagles now take on the Broncos in Friday night’s Magic Round opening blockbuster.

More Coverage​

What’s the Buzz: Toovey returning home to ManlyArms race: Six months to sign NRL’s biggest names
Seibold has come out over the weekend and said that he doesn’t hold any animosity against his former club.
I’m not so sure the majority of Broncos fans would say the same given the damage done during his short reign.
He would write that, wouldn’t he?

Now the vultures are back. Finding anything they can to destabilise the club. They havent had much of late, but now they see a little morsel of bad news, they pounce on it, and stretch out as far as they can, the grubs

Clubs do not need out side vultures to be destabilize as they just self destruct by their own wrong decision making .

The moral of the story
Our own choices either make us or break us

Last edited:

Monday Buzz: Son of Manly Immortal Bob Fulton quits club to join Wests Tigers​

Just one family member of Manly’s greatest player Bob Fulton remains at the club after Wests Tigers landed a significant poaching blow.

Phil Rothfield

NRL

Manly Sea Eagles recruitment guru Scott Fulton has quit the club to join the Wests Tigers.
After Saturday night’s stirring win over the Panthers, it is a hugely significant appointment for the wooden spooners, who have struggled for more than a decade to build a competitive roster.
Fulton has been largely credited for Manly’s impressive list management in recent years.
The likes of Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula, Jason Saab, Josh Schuster, Taniela Paseka and Kelma Tuilagi were all identified and signed by Fulton.
They paid over $800,000 for the likes of Moses Mbye, Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer and other players who just couldn’t aim up.
Fulton is expected to start straight away at the Wests Tigers.
While the club is celebrating Saturday night’s magnificent win, they are also being realistic about the amount of work ahead for the club to become a genuine premiership contender.
Hence the move for Fulton.

“It’s only one win and there’s still a long way to go,” said chairman Lee Hagipantelis said, “We won’t be getting ahead of ourselves.
“I’m just happy for the players, the coaching staff, our members, fans and our sponsors who have stuck solid over a tough period.”
It’s interesting that Hagipantelis personally accepts the blame for the Wests Tigers’ position while others have taken aim at CEO Justin Pascoe and called for axing.
“I don’t see how you can relate Justin’s role to on-field performance,” he said.
“People can think I’m being naive by saying that but Justin is fulfilling his role to the satisfaction of the board. He makes operational decisions on a day-to-day basis.
“He makes financial and commercial decisions – and we’ve done very well in those areas.
“His role with the football department is to ensure it’s fully resourced and funded.
“Justin has never appointed a coach or terminated a coach.

“He has never recruited a player. He does not have the authority to do that. The board signs off on that on the recommendation of a list management committee.”
Hagipantelis accepts full accountability himself for 273 days with a victory.
For the toughest days in the club’s history.
“I’m chairman of the and I’ll accept responsibility,” he said, “I’m accountable to the directors who appointed me.
“If they are dissatisfied with my performance they will tell me so and I will step down.
“It hasn’t got to that stage. After the win over Penrith I got some really encouraging messages from Nick Politis and Nick Pappas, two great chairman.
“It is very humbling. I’ve learnt a lot in this job but I have more to learn.”
He also insists the club is on the right track with veteran coach Tim Sheens and the plan for him to hand over Benji Marshall for 2025.
“Prior to the Penrith game we were pretty gutted,” he said.
“I can’t explain why we were zero from seven because I know how hard they’ve been working.
“As for Tim, I was in the sheds after the game in Bathurst.
“I watched as the players came in and the way they greeted Tim and how he is incredibly respected by the group.
“We have a two-year transition happening. And Tim thinks Benji has come far beyond where he expected him to be at this stage.

More Coverage​

Manly investigating fiery Schuster training brawl‘Mystifying’ Seibold calls prompt fears of Broncos disaster repeat
Thanks @Highflier
The article says it all

The Terrible recruiting Tigers can only benefit from Fultons impressive recruitment
Our Loss is their gain

Paul Crawley

NRL

Unfollow

More Coverage​

Yes we should be concerned.

Yes we should be concerned.
Being concerned is a constructive action that make us aware and prepares us for the challenges that lies ahead

The Club CEO and Head Coach positions are very challenging roles indeed

The challenge is to take our top 8 playing roster and deliver a top 8 finish

Anything else but a finals results is an underachievement

We did not sign a new coach to miss the top 8 finals
1216548712-promise-only-what-you-can-deliver.jpg

So tartak and Fulton are close and have a long working relationship. Tartak has always been duplicitous between the tigers and manly and now our recruitment officer works for the tigers. We are going to see some upheaval here.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8