Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Fair dinkum. Fuuuuucck me. The one person who looked dangerous against the rorters and he’s out again for 3 f’ing weeks. We are seriously cursed - as are the turbos.
I think that collectively, those two brothers deserve a solid pistol-whipping. Inconsiderate bastards. Or at least the Sydney White Pages treatment. Where is Roger Rogerson when you need him?;)*

*Winking emoji posted in case anyone thought I was being serious.

Quiet achiever is named as captain​

AuthorMargie McDonaldTimestampThu 13 Jul 2023, 10:56 AM

Share on social media​

The quiet achiever among the CABE NSW Under 19s men’s team Samuela Fainu will be one of the loudest voices at Kayo Stadium tonight after head coach Andrew Ryan named him captain yesterday.
At the jersey presentations on the eve of the U19s State of Origin game, Ryan’s fellow True Blues Shaun Timmins and Josh Jackson presented Blues jumpers to the backs and forwards respectively.

Ryan held the last jersey in his hands to announce his skipper after he called up former Origin and Australian prop forward Mark O’Meley, who spoke about “effort, attitude and being there for your mate” when facing the Maroons.

Fainu has that chance with both his talent and his physical presence – 192cm and 108kg.
But Ryan has observed the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles prop-back rower’s other efforts around his teammates this week.

“He was with us in camp last year but the moment he came in this year he’s shown leadership everywhere, whether it’s been stretching, doing his extras, or out on the field in our sessions,” Ryan told nswrl.com.au.
CABE NSW U19s players Samuela Fainu and Josh Feledy

“In some of our tougher sessions through the week he has just stood up.
“Even little things like making sure all the boys got their bags at the airport, or always waiting for all his teammates … just all those little things he keeps ticking over.
“He’s not the type to look for any praise – it’s just part of who he is.”
Fainu is a man of few words but he looked straight at his teammates when he accepted his jersey.
“I can’t wait to run out with you – let’s get the job done,” he said.
Fainu is not the only sizeable forward in Ryan’s pack. Canberra Raiders Jake Clydsdale joins him in the front row at 199cm, while Newcastle Knights lock Myles Martin is 193cm.
“Size is important but we have to be mobile a little as well,” Ryan said.
“We’ve only had a handful of training sessions but they’ve just jumped into it straight away and connected really quickly on the field.

“Our outside backs have some size and strength there too because we’re going to need them to carry the ball strongly as well.”
Ryan has the 2022 U19s shield to defend, after a dominant 32-4 result at Leichhardt Oval last year.
“I don’t feel any extra pressure,” he said.
“We’ve had a great week preparation-wise. It doesn’t always transfer to the game but I feel like from the perspective of the players and my coaching staff no-one could have done any more.”

Quiet achiever is named as captain​

AuthorMargie McDonaldTimestampThu 13 Jul 2023, 10:56 AM

Share on social media​

The quiet achiever among the CABE NSW Under 19s men’s team Samuela Fainu will be one of the loudest voices at Kayo Stadium tonight after head coach Andrew Ryan named him captain yesterday.
At the jersey presentations on the eve of the U19s State of Origin game, Ryan’s fellow True Blues Shaun Timmins and Josh Jackson presented Blues jumpers to the backs and forwards respectively.

Ryan held the last jersey in his hands to announce his skipper after he called up former Origin and Australian prop forward Mark O’Meley, who spoke about “effort, attitude and being there for your mate” when facing the Maroons.

Fainu has that chance with both his talent and his physical presence – 192cm and 108kg.
But Ryan has observed the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles prop-back rower’s other efforts around his teammates this week.

“He was with us in camp last year but the moment he came in this year he’s shown leadership everywhere, whether it’s been stretching, doing his extras, or out on the field in our sessions,” Ryan told nswrl.com.au.

“In some of our tougher sessions through the week he has just stood up.
“Even little things like making sure all the boys got their bags at the airport, or always waiting for all his teammates … just all those little things he keeps ticking over.
“He’s not the type to look for any praise – it’s just part of who he is.”
Fainu is a man of few words but he looked straight at his teammates when he accepted his jersey.
“I can’t wait to run out with you – let’s get the job done,” he said.
Fainu is not the only sizeable forward in Ryan’s pack. Canberra Raiders Jake Clydsdale joins him in the front row at 199cm, while Newcastle Knights lock Myles Martin is 193cm.
“Size is important but we have to be mobile a little as well,” Ryan said.
“We’ve only had a handful of training sessions but they’ve just jumped into it straight away and connected really quickly on the field.

“Our outside backs have some size and strength there too because we’re going to need them to carry the ball strongly as well.”
Ryan has the 2022 U19s shield to defend, after a dominant 32-4 result at Leichhardt Oval last year.
“I don’t feel any extra pressure,” he said.
“We’ve had a great week preparation-wise. It doesn’t always transfer to the game but I feel like from the perspective of the players and my coaching staff no-one could have done any more.”
Really does not sound like the kind of player or bloke we should be happily showing the door to.

Very happy that Manly has re-signed Taniela Paseka for the next couple of seasons.

As expected it took a couple of years (as it does with props - maybe there's hope for Keppie...there is so shush) to hit their straps. It seems it all came down to him getting an 'angrier' haircut! lol

So thanks for staying TP and well done recruitment crew.

'noice'

I'm wondering why we're not happier and trumpeting this signing. Maybe you all just expected it? I dunno.

It's big news and worthy of happiness.

Very happy that Manly has re-signed Taniela Paseka for the next couple of seasons.

As expected it took a couple of years (as it does with props - maybe there's hope for Keppie...there is so shush) to hit their straps. It seems it all came down to him getting an 'angrier' haircut! lol

So thanks for staying TP and well done recruitment crew.

'noice'

I'm wondering why we're not happier and trumpeting this signing. Maybe you all just expected it? I dunno.

It's big news and worthy of happiness.

I agree, he has become our real forward leader and our go to impact player up front. Very happy indeed he is staying on with us for the next few years.
Great to see our forward pack taking shape with hopefully one more big gun up front to come.

The Sea Eagles have continued their recent re-signing spree by handing hulking prop Taniela Paseka a two-year extension to stay with the club until the end of the 2026 season.
Paseka’s decision to stay comes just weeks after the club re-signed Josh Schuster and Tolu Koula, while they’ve also poached Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau and Jaxson Paulo from 2024 onwards.

Paseka has long been considered one of the most talented big men in the competition but it’s taken him a while to find his feet, with the 197cm man mountain taking six seasons to reach his potential.

The 25-year-old is averaging 50 minutes, 14.9 carries and 134m per game – all career highs – with only three other prop forwards making more metres than him in 2023.

“This has been Taniela’s most consistent year of NRL with him being our starting front-rower all season,” Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold said of the prop who is closing in on 100 NRL appearances.

“He has closed the gap between his best and his worst games.

“I think by giving him some responsibility as that starting front-rower, he has done a really great job being a more consistent footy player and that comes down to his preparation, which has been good each week.

“Taniela is well settled here at Manly and his best footy is in front of him over the next couple of years.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8