Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sure it is not Crusher with the glasses , looks like Bill Hamilton , front middle , struggling with some of the other faces

Sure it is not Crusher with the glasses , looks like Bill Hamilton , front middle , struggling with some of the other faces
It sure looks like Crusher with the glasses to me!

Imo the others in the photo left to right:
Jamie Buhrer, Noel (Crusher) Cleal, Cliffy Lyons, Martin Bull for Roy Bull, Alan Thompson, Bill (Herman) Hamilton, Ian Roberts, ? , Bill Bradstreet, Craig Hancock, Russel Gartner, David Ronson.

Interesting that Crusher was there - nice to see that is has not been impacted by the Des stuff for things like this
He doesn’t look happy though. Looks like he has trimmed down a bit - a good thing.

As ALinda hinted, who is the man standing just behind Bill Hamilton and Billy Bradstreet? He looks he could be related to Bob Batty.

Last edited:
He doesn’t look happy though. Looks like he has trimmed down a bit - a good thing.

As ALinda hinted, who is the man standing just behind Bill Hamilton and Billy Bradstreet? He looks he could be related to Bob Batty.
Could be right, Steve batty standing in? He was a decent reserve grader in the 80s

why do they never put peoples names on these things I mean I recognise Cliffy, Jamie Buhrer and Ian Roberts but some of the others not sure apart from those others at the front with their name visible on their photo.
Here you go feathered friend

Golden Eagles...(l-r) Jamie Buhrer, Noel Cleal, Cliff Lyons, Alan Thompson, Bill Hamilton, Ian Roberts, Bill Bradstreet, Craig Hancock, Russel Gartner, and David Ronson .©Manly Media
Some great Golden Eagles...(l-r) Jamie Buhrer, Noel Cleal, Cliff Lyons, Alan Thompson, Bill Hamilton, Ian Roberts,  Bill Bradstreet, Craig Hancock, Russel Gartner, and David Ronson.
Some greatc

It sure looks like Crusher with the glasses to me!

Imo the others in the photo left to right:
Jamie Buhrer, Noel (Crusher) Cleal, Cliffy Lyons, Martin Bull for Roy Bull, Alan Thompson, Bill (Herman) Hamilton, Ian Roberts, ? , Bill Bradstreet, Craig Hancock, Russel Gartner, David Ronson.
Thanks for that , just have not noticed much of Crusher with snap shots the past 10 years or so . Guess that time moves on for all of us and aging in different ways . Did recognize Ian Roberts after a closer look and a couple of others when the photo was expanded . Wouldn 't have picked Russel Gartner though

Sadly Stephen died about 40 years ago of (I believe) a heart attack, obviously at a very young age. He looked nothing like his dad.
That "s really sad to hear , just was not aware and do recall Steve Battty as a fairly handy lower grade Manly back .Bob Batty the " Road runner " , played most of his footy with Manly before i started to follow them but obviously a great career wonder if he was a Manly junior . Part of that Manly 68 side , gee they must have been unlucky not to have won Manly 's i st premiership , first side into the G F apparently that season and lost their or one of their best forwards for the G F

Thanks for that , just have not noticed much of Crusher with snap shots the past 10 years or so . Guess that time moves on for all of us and aging in different ways . Did recognize Ian Roberts after a closer look and a couple of others when the photo was expanded . Wouldn 't have picked Russel Gartner though

Is that really crusher doesn’t look like him. He must have lost 30kgs. Not doubting anyone but maybe Wheel or Mitch can clarify?

That "s really sad to hear , just was not aware and do recall Steve Battty as a fairly handy lower grade Manly back .Bob Batty the " Road runner " , played most of his footy with Manly before i started to follow them but obviously a great career wonder if he was a Manly junior . Part of that Manly 68 side , gee they must have been unlucky not to have won Manly 's i st premiership , first side into the G F apparently that season and lost their or one of their best forwards for the G F
Bob Batty was a Murwillumbah junior. Obviously quite young when he joined Manly, c.1959.

Nice to see Jamie B back to get his plaque , he was one of the best players for fan interaction when I was running my supporter tours.

His Lovely wife Grace was an employee of the MWSE for a while , I had a fair bit to do with her as well.
I saw him in Belrose Eagles off-field gear with a few other players at the Belrose hotel last year (heading into the pokie room haha) so I think he's still turning out for them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4