Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But don't forget his starting side included several young players, Saab, Koula, Tuipulotu, Olakau'atu. The only young gun who didn't feature much was Schuster and a lot's been written about all the reasons for that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about next season after a general re-set at the club, but by no means convinced you'll see very different selections or game plans. Will watch with interest anyway.
I have said before and will say it again from a roster point of view it kinda feels like the early 90's where there were a heap of young kids coming through (Beaver, Daniel Gartner, Kosef, Danny Moore, Chris Ryan) to compliment a team with some established talents (Cliffy, Tooves, Spud)

I agree Mark, they're both great people and make an awesome couple.

Speaking of Grace, brought back memories....I recall her running the supporters' bus to away games many years ago, possibly even pre-Jamie.
He lives around my area and I see him a fair bit - much bigger these days it seems.

He is also involved in kids footy and coaches all the little ones

Speaking of Grace, brought back memories....I recall her running the supporters' bus to away games many years ago, possibly even pre-Jamie.
Yes , she was the go to for all things supported trips ( at the time ).

Very nice and polite young lady ( at the time now much older and a mum of course ) .

Jamie chose wisely.

I have said before and will say it again from a roster point of view it kinda feels like the early 90's where there were a heap of young kids coming through (Beaver, Daniel Gartner, Kosef, Danny Moore, Chris Ryan) to compliment a team with some established talents (Cliffy, Tooves, Spud)
Or about 2003 -4 when the same thing was happening.

Took 4 years but we then made two GF’s in a row.

Or about 2003 -4 when the same thing was happening.

Took 4 years but we then made two GF’s in a row.
My only concern is the off field ownership stuff - get that right and thanks to bozo and his recruitment pathways we could be anything in a year or two

My only concern is the off field ownership stuff - get that right and thanks to bozo and his recruitment pathways we could be anything in a year or two
Now that the cub is profitable , and now they’re getting an extra 5 million a year to run the joint, the Penn family just need to let Tony Mestrov do his job and just cruise in occasionally to lap up the plaudits in the chairman’s lounge.

If it’s not broke don’t try and fix it.

That would help dramatically.

Now that the cub is profitable , and now they’re getting an extra 5 million a year to run the joint, the Penn family just need to let Tony Mestrov do his job and just cruise in occasionally to lap up the plaudits in the chairman’s lounge.

If it’s not broke don’t try and fix it.

That would help dramatically.
Lets hope so

Give the man his budget and success measures and get out of the way

Lets hope so

Give the man his budget and success measures and get out of the way
When I was a boss my staff used to love me ( well most of them ), the main reason is I gave them tasks , then let them do it .

And when they did I rewarded them with thanks and as they progressed , bonus’s for successful outcomes.

Surround yourself with good people then,

Delegate delegate and piss off from trying to control things.

Worked for me !!!

Always difficult to compare different eras . Recall the intentional policy in 2004 or so in recruiting a couple of quality signings in successive seasons for a while and strengthening certain positions Did well with Ben Kennedy , Bret Kite , Matty Orford , Steve Bell , Killer was an unexpected bonus , Josh Perry Already had emerging stars in Matai , Snake , Gifty , Choc , Beaver already established and a mainstay , Kingy was good . Really good balanced squad for a long time then and with some other good value and recruited up and coming ability . Big questions on Manly 's 6 and 13 positions right now , Turbo of course a champion when he can actually be injury free , some of the best up and comers in Koula and Oloka - atu , Garrick and Saab right up there , Jake ever reliable , D C E [ pass ] Some capable forwards when they are match fit , Schuster who could still be anything , Weekes and Latu Fainu as good prospects as anywhere , Fletcher - Myers looks good , some other good juniors . Like to think that things can be replicated like 2004 and early 90 's , increase in salary cap is going to have some implications but for all sides as well . Hopefully an upward trajectory and some good signs , but need a far less injury prone squad and the new coaching regime getting the best out of the current squad and some better structures .

Surround yourself with good people then,
You are right feathered friend

The most important thing is to Surround your self with Good people

Smart, Passionate , Dedicated , Committed people with Drive and a strong will to Succeed

The biggest asset in any organization is Good people Indeed

Thank you @The Wheel

If the Great Bozo thought the young Cooper had something to offer

We hope Cooper finds that something at Manly now that he has matured as a player

Good luck Cooper
We hope you will play a big role in our 2023 Successful Season

Photo Compliments of Manly Media
Before the NRL.....rising Manly players  (l-r)  Cooper Johns, Josh Schuster and Ben Trbojevic with Sea Eagles Immortal, Bob Fulton, in 2016

Thank you once again @The Wheel

The Magnificent Manly 7

are now Joined by the Fabulous 5 Young guns
1 Zac Fulton,
2 Raymond Vaega,
3 Latu Fainu,
4, Samuela Fainu,
5 Fletcher Myers

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
20221118_114443.jpg

Last edited:

Yes , she was the go to for all things supported trips ( at the time ).

Very nice and polite young lady ( at the time now much older and a mum of course ) .

Jamie chose wisely.

For those interested, Jamie and Grace (9 years ago) including a bit of Jamie's early history with the club...

Thanks @The Wheel

It looks like it wont be long for Gordon Tong to make an impact in the NRL

Our prospective and powerfully built number nine looks a formidable force with his impressive forearms , triceps and shoulders

Picture compliments from Manly Media
Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8