Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What do you think of Seibold staggered recruiting? We are keeping up and comers and getting blokes across, on the promise of a top 30 spot in the future? Getting them used to our structures and another year to develop before giving them a shot.

That's 3 signings from internal for 2025 Faulalo, James, Matterson.

Cub have at least told Condon and Fulton to look else where so that's likely to be where two of the three spots come from.

Lol, the club lining up to be burnt by yet another Hopoate …
But in all fairness,has the club really been “burnt” by the Hopoate’s? John may of been an embarrassment,but those that they released have hardly come back to haunt Manly

But in all fairness,has the club really been “burnt” by the Hopoate’s? John may of been an embarrassment,but those that they released have hardly come back to haunt Manly
I still think Will was a loss. I do wonder if he now regrets the timing of him taking his 12 months serbatical. He was at the peak of his career. NSW blue. Now that he at the end of his career, there could have been a 12 month period which may not have hurt his footy career as much.

I still think Will was a loss. I do wonder if he now regrets the timing of him taking his 12 months serbatical. He was at the peak of his career. NSW blue. Now that he at the end of his career, there could have been a 12 month period which may not have hurt his footy career as much.
Yeah, losing Will after the Warriors GF was definitely a big loss to us. I wonder if he had his time all over again, would he have thought differently about moving on so soon and after winning a GF. Then again money talks in these modern NRL days.

Yeah, losing Will after the Warriors GF was definitely a big loss to us. I wonder if he had his time all over again, would he have thought differently about moving on so soon and after winning a GF. Then again money talks in these modern NRL days.
The biggest loser was the Eels. Big money and then didn't get their star winger for 12 months. Pretty sure Jermal in a jnr contract and Hoppa Snr in training job boxing or wrestling you would think we're part of the deal. The Eels bent over backwards for Will and then some.

I suppose Pongas Oldman is said to call to many shots at the Knight. It's amazing the influence some clubs are willing to hand over when it comes to getting a signature.

We had similar flag waving when we signed the Fainu brothers. Look how that ended.

Meaningless if the club does not actually mentor, coach and give them a go at first grade - if good enough.

Will was very talented - great hands, poise, finesse. It is highly likely he would have had longer rep career if he wasn't away from the game for two years on missionary duty. I don't know if he would regret leaving Manly as church & money are probably more important to him. For a while, Des gave him dispensation not to play Sunday games for the Dogs. He has had some lucrative contracts in his career to support his wife (also a returned missionary) & four children. I assume he gives ten percent tithe p.a. to the Mormon church.

I just found this quote from Will
That’s a decision he has no regrets over, even now, more than 10 years later. “There are so many things that I use in my everyday life that I learned from my mission in terms of time management, priorities and habits. I see a mission as more of a privilege than a sacrifice because what I gained spiritually outweighs the sacrifice,” he said.

The biggest loser was the Eels. Big money and then didn't get their star winger for 12 months. Pretty sure Jermal in a jnr contract and Hoppa Snr in training job boxing or wrestling you would think we're part of the deal. The Eels bent over backwards for Will and then some.

I suppose Pongas Oldman is said to call to many shots at the Knight. It's amazing the influence some clubs are willing to hand over when it comes to getting a signature.
I thought the Mormon missionary work was a two year gig, not 12 months?

That’s a rhetorical question, because his first season at Parramatta was in 2014.

Wow 2 years off when your at your prime 2012 & 2013. No wonder Manly waved goodbye. And then there was a bit he wouldn't play on Sunday. Could have been an immortal if he stayed at Man for a decade. Lesson learnt hopefully.

Fun Fact - Will’s brother is named after an Utah town (Lehi) with a significant proportion of Mormon faithful not far from where the movie Footloose was set.

Too much caffeine in Pepsi Max to wear a retro jersey for Lehi……not that there’s anything wrong with that. Just pointing out we might have another jersey fiasco bubbling in the future during retro round.

Not on the field, but they hardly seem worth the hassle

Will is the best of the lot, disappointing to lose him and what could have been a great career

Jamil, went to jail while on contract with Manly if my memory is correct, not a great look

Albert, ego bigger than his ability as a teenager demanding this and that, John in the media bagging the club, that should have been the final straw in the Hopoate line at Manly imo

Wow 2 years off when your at your prime 2012 & 2013. No wonder Manly waved goodbye. And then there was a bit he wouldn't play on Sunday. Could have been an immortal if he stayed at Man for a decade. Lesson learnt hopefully.
Manly didn't wave goodbye, The Eels caught everyone by surprise, that was Steve Kearney's first year and went big time on Will, $1.7mill over two years.
As an 18 and 19 year old, he showed signs that he could have been anything, however , whether it was the two years off, or perhaps the field catching up to him, he was never the same player again, he became slow and predictable.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8