Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's a great idea. I'd love a square put on my plastic seat. @:)
I moved to the Jane Try a few years ago, mostly because I have reached an age where arriving 2 hours early was tedious and my random obscenities directed at opposition/referees no longer amused me. Now I'm a regular in the stands I appreciate being the young whippersnapper in the crowd rather than the old man on the hill. Might need to change my name, but I'd need my Nephew to show me how.

I moved to the Jane Try a few years ago, mostly because I have reached an age where arriving 2 hours early was tedious and my random obscenities directed at opposition/referees no longer amused me. Now I'm a regular in the stands I appreciate being the young whippersnapper in the crowd rather than the old man on the hill. Might need to change my name, but I'd need my Nephew to show me how.
I know I make fun of my seat but I do actually love sitting in the Jane Try Stand. I've been there quite a few years and sure, I'd like a bit a make over. But I go to the footy on my own (my wife gave up on the them years ago which makes it even funnier to me that she and her US siblings will be watching with me in Vegas .... but I digress) and I love the fact that I see the same people around me every year. At the start of every season it's like seeing old friends again. We're all very different people but we all have that one thing in common, cheering on the Sea Eagles ......... and saying a few choice words when they're ****e (ok, probably just me). Anywayz ............ can't wait to get back soon.

Good luck with the name change ....... or just keep it for posterity :thumbsup:

I know I make fun of my seat but I do actually love sitting in the Jane Try Stand. I've been there quite a few years and sure, I'd like a bit a make over. But I go to the footy on my own (my wife gave up on the them years ago which makes it even funnier to me that she and her US siblings will be watching with me in Vegas .... but I digress) and I love the fact that I see the same people around me every year. At the start of every season it's like seeing old friends again. We're all very different people but we all have that one thing in common, cheering on the Sea Eagles ......... and saying a few choice words when they're ****e (ok, probably just me). Anywayz ............ can't wait to get back soon.

Good luck with the name change ....... or just keep it for posterity :thumbsup:
You have described my experience exactly. It's the familiar faces that keep me coming back. I'll probably just keep the moniker, Will in the Jane Try stand doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

A bit of insight from Andrew May on what is going on down in Canberra:

Mind-Blowing Inspiration and Lessons on Gold Medal Preparation 🥇

Inspiring to have Matt Formston join us on Tues night at the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles pre-season camp at the Australian Institute Of Sport

Matt was born with full vision but by age 5, had lost 97% of his vision. Doctors and teachers told Matt’s parents he “wouldn't live a normal life, he can't play sport and he can't have any big career aspirations”.

Matt and his parents didn’t listen.
“I definitely wasn't able to use my vision as a reason why I wasn't able to do something..." says Matt when talking about how his parents raised him.

Decades later he is a Paralympian, professional surfer, business executive, 4x World Champion Para Surfer, former World Champion Track Tandem Cyclist and World Record Holder.

Oh, and he was recently towed in to surf a 50 foot open-face wave at Nazare.

Matt says: “It’s not just about surfing; it’s about physical strength, breath capacity, and mental fortitude.

I needed to be able to have a better breath capacity than all the best big wave surfers in the world because they can see”.

And he did! He got to the point where he could hold breath longer than all the other big wave surfers - 6 minutes.

4 Key Messages 🎯
1. It’s not what happens, it’s how you process it (example of his Dad saying CAN, not CAN’T) ✅
2. Success is the result of working your arse off (dedication/hunger & the drive Matt & Mick Curran had towards being the world’s best) 🚲
3. Connection & teamwork (Nazare) 🏄‍♂️
4. Celebrate and own your differences, rather than running away from them ☯️

Great to also have 2 x 1500m swim Olympic gold medalist and CEO of Australian Sports Commission, Kieren Perkins OAM join us as a guest 🏊‍♂️ 🥇
Anthony Seibold Daly Cherry-Evans John Bonasera

I’ve been blessed to work with Matt on a number of occasions the past few years and his story is unbelievable. I recently interviewed him on the Performancce Intelligence Podcast. Listen here for Matt’s full story: LinkedIn 🎧

I am enjoying the no place like home series just as much as the Manly Way. Really good stuff.
I hadn't really been reading No Place like home series but I just did and I am happy I did. Thanks for pointing it out. I agree, a good read. More good stuff from the club.

That’s a wrap on a weeks prep in the Nation’s Capital 📍

Stayed tuned for the full insight in Ep 5 of The Manly Way 🎥

#GoManly

IMG_5126.jpeg

So the lovely ladies of the Aussie Netball team were at the AIS at the same time. :)

I reckon we would have had a young single buck or two in the squad, who were trying to train extra hard this week.

gordys game style is more suited as a 14 as an elusive darting hooker with a fast tempo compared to humphreys who's a more classy starting hooker with a great passing and kicking game and has bulked up for defence. I think gordy will be a better 14 and humphries a better 9 and will be for the future after croker hangs up the boots
Who needs Croker then....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8