CLUB STATEMENT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
Just received this.

Let the conjecture continue although the silence is damming !

The Club is addressing the matters which have been the subject of recent public speculation in relation to its Head Coach, Trent Barrett, and does not intend to make any further statement at this time.

The Club’s focus remains on ensuring the best possible finish to the 2018 NRL season on behalf of its playing group, members, fans, corporate partners, owners and its community at large.

A full statement will be made at the appropriate time.

A statement about not making a statement. This Phantom Gorman fella has made such a difference to our place.

What a basket case of a joint we really are.

Dear Penn Family and Zorba just f#ck off will you please you have screwed the place.

Im still of the opinion this is a beat up.

Even in an article as recent as an hour ago:

HOURS after rugby league great Matty Johns declared he still believes Trent Barrett is heading to Penrith — Panthers supremo Phil Gould has shut him down.

The Newcastle legend on Wednesday made a series of bold calls surrounding which NRL coaches will still have jobs when the merry-go-round stops.

He told Triple M’s Grill Team Barrett’s return to the Panthers, this time as head coach, is the most likely first domino to fall — triggering an extraordinary game of musical chairs and club switches.

However, Gould on Wednesday then categorically declared his club won’t pursue Barrett to replace promoted assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo at the end of the season.

It comes after The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday night revealed Barrett has informed the club of his intentions to leave the club at the end of the year.

“We’ve never pursued Trent Barrett,” Gould told the Six Tackles With Gus podcast.

“I’ve never had a discussion with Trent Barrett about coming to Penrith. I won’t be having a discussion with Trent Barrett about coming to Penrith. We’re on a different course and we’re

comfortable with where we’re going.

“Certainly, he’s not going to come to Penrith.”

giphy.gif

I've vented my frustrations already about the situation, rightly or wrongly. However if nothing has been finalized and it's with legal reps payouts, mediation etc then the club probably can't give out any further details. Damned if you do damned if you don't...
Absolutely correct- the old employment law rule1 - get the employee to make a statement first.
Rule 2 - do not confirm or deny anything

CLUB STATEMENT:
We would like to bring to an end the recent conjecture concerning our Head Coach Trent Barrett. Trent and I have had a heart to heart discussion and I can confirm that Trent does not use hair gel, in fact, he utilises an organic hair mousse - styles it up and finishes with a light hair spray.

The scurrilous reports that Trent uses the same hair gel he fashioned back in his playing days is a complete fabrication - the journalists peddling this diatribe should drop right off!

I can also confirm that confirmation on Trent’s tenure at the club will be confirmed once I confirm with Trent after he confirms with Mr Gussious Gould. Once said confirmation is confirmed, I can confirm that you, the confirmed members of our proud club will receive a confirmation email to confirm his decision. You will also receive a confirmation text confirming that what I have just stated above will indeed be confirmed.

Hope that clears things up.

LG

DEATH to corporate speak. What a total and complete load of political BOLLOCKS these recent PR releases are. Giving away nothing. Treating us PAYING fans like the dolts that they see us as. Lyall is now confirmed as a total waste of space with ZERO to offer, and ZERO to say. It's not me making this up - read his NIGHTMARE crap press releases. Step or SHUT UP. Better still FkUk off. And leave us all alone. We are just the PAYING CUSTOMER after all.

Just received this.

Let the conjecture continue although the silence is damming !

The Club is addressing the matters which have been the subject of recent public speculation in relation to its Head Coach, Trent Barrett, and does not intend to make any further statement at this time.

The Club’s focus remains on ensuring the best possible finish to the 2018 NRL season on behalf of its playing group, members, fans, corporate partners, owners and its community at large.

A full statement will be made at the appropriate time.

That statement can only be he is leaving right? Otherwise they would just dismiss it as incorrect and he will see out his contract

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8