CLUB STATEMENT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
CLUB STATEMENT:
We would like to bring to an end the recent conjecture concerning our Head Coach Trent Barrett. Trent and I have had a heart to heart discussion and I can confirm that Trent does not use hair gel, in fact, he utilises an organic hair mousse - styles it up and finishes with a light hair spray.

The scurrilous reports that Trent uses the same hair gel he fashioned back in his playing days is a complete fabrication - the journalists peddling this diatribe should drop right off!

I can also confirm that confirmation on Trent’s tenure at the club will be confirmed once I confirm with Trent after he confirms with Mr Gussious Gould. Once said confirmation is confirmed, I can confirm that you, the confirmed members of our proud club will receive a confirmation email to confirm his decision. You will also receive a confirmation text confirming that what I have just stated above will indeed be confirmed.

Hope that clears things up.

LG
That's confirmed

I'm sure Gorman is in a position that he can't right now reveal anything. A no win situation, he knows it is and is doing the only thing he can.
To be honest I think he is being poorly advised by the media manager. Lyall is between a rock and a hard place; however, the last two statements - both the timing and content were poor. Two statements were not needed. I’d suggest that a final call hasn’t been made and the club is either trying to keep him, or they are finalising the contract termination.

Just received this.

Let the conjecture continue although the silence is damming !

The Club is addressing the matters which have been the subject of recent public speculation in relation to its Head Coach, Trent Barrett, and does not intend to make any further statement at this time.

The Club’s focus remains on ensuring the best possible finish to the 2018 NRL season on behalf of its playing group, members, fans, corporate partners, owners and its community at large.

A full statement will be made at the appropriate time.
Eh ok, don't mind, club statements are always pretty hush hush. I think this is the best option, let the people lose interest on a rumour, then release the true statement when appropriate. It will keep us in the dark for two or so weeks although as long as we don't get bombarded with another major event that would come with a sudden statement such as the club basically sacking baz. It'd be better to wait and let it become more common knowledge and expected when it does officially break to avoid a Phil Ghould - Hook scenario

As long as it happens soon, that'll be soon enough, though I can't wait, I know that I really can to rid our club of this st merge/penrith bozo (TBaz)

As ever with our club we just miss the detail. The sentiment and content is completely accurate however why label this a statement? Just put out the same coms without labeling it a statement....

Serious question do we even have a coms person? Not a media person but a coms person

How about:

At this point in time there is no comment to make on the matter. Our organisation is working through the matter, and we ask that interested parties show patience, and refrain from needless speculation on the matter.

Moreover, if you even think about the matter, you are simply wasting your time, and ours, because the matter is of little substance. The media and others consider the matter to be of interest. Please be assured that this is internal business which will inevitably be resolved in a “win-win” for all.

Last edited:
How about:

At this point in time there is no comment to make on the matter. Our organisation is working through the matter, and we ask that interested parties show patience, and refrain from needless speculation on the matter.

Moreover, if you even think about the matter, you are simply wasting your time, and ours, because the matter is of little substance. The media and others consider the matter to be of interest. Please be assured that this is internal business which will inevitably be resolved in a “win-win” for all.
Very matter of fact

Personally believe there's no point having someone sit in a job after they've made the decision to quit. Get him out and let that other Penrith guy coach the boys. Also here's a thought, bring in Joey to work with our halves (DCE, Hodko & Dylan) as a side gig. Some celebrity coaching could really get some wind in the sails for 2019!

images-1.jpg

N
Baz will hold a presser at 8am Thursday according to NRL Tonight
I am expecting that he addresses the issues once and for all. If he holds a presser tomorrow with nothing of substance that says he has nothing to say and won’t be making any further comments he is going to look like a stupid d*ick and the club is going to become an even bigger laughing stock that it already is.
Media will go crazy.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10