C'mon Souths

Storm will win the GF. Go the Bunnies though, 41 years in the wilderness is a long time unless you are a Norths supporter lol.

If it's a Storm V Dogs final I won't watch it.

Mr Krabs said:
Im tipping the bulldogs

Seeing as you are Bulldogs supporter that's not a surprise.

I hate the Dogs but im off to the TAB today to chuck plenty on the Dogs at 13+ Souths have no chance unfortunately.

There is no way on Earth I could EVER cheer for Souths, not under ANY circumstances! You see, the Rabbitohs are my first and oldest footballing grudge, dating back 42 years to when I first started watching the game. The first GF I saw was the infamous 1970 clash between Manly and Souths...the third time in a month we had lost to them, and as a 9 year old at the time, the enormous pain it caused me has never been forgotten. Neither has the rogues' gallery of players who wore the red and green in those days...Sattler, McCarthy, Coote, Sait, Walters et al are remembered today as greats of the game, but in actual fact they were heavy, physical thugs who literally bashed their opponents out of a game. In the days before video match reviews, etc. teams could, and did, get away with a lot more, and Souths were the best in the business at it!

So no, I won't be cheering for Souths tonight, or next week either if they make the GF. In fact, I won't be going for ANY of the three teams remaining. I can't stand any of them, so asking me to choose one would be like asking me to choose between Hitler and Stalin...I simply couldn't do it. In fact I probably won't even watch the GF now...the off-season starts today for me. :)

Ill watch the GF, but will be going for the Storm. i don't think Souths can go all the way. I want to see the Dagwood Dogs fall at the last hurdle.

Glory Glory to South Sydney !!!

Flights, accomodation and tickets booked for next weekend, Dogs v Storm will be a punishing way to spend that money !!

Storm for me - I know I may get excommunicated but I got on the drink with a few of them after the game, they are so much better than the other remaining supporter options.

If South's win, you will never hear the end of it (insert pride of the league statement here). Best case scenario for me, is if the Bulldogs beat Souths. Then the Storm absolutely beat the crap out of the dogs.

MrInvisible said:
Little known fact.. Manly got $90,000 from the NRL for their loss tonight.

Anyway no secret that I'll be backing the Dogs.

Manly were really off the radar tonight, and whilst the Storm weren't brilliant (bombed the knockout punch on Manly a few times before one connected) they did enough for win.

Souths are performing better and improving, BUT their defensive lapses and habit of clocking off during periods of the game can hurt them, in particular against a team like the Bulldogs who lead the comp in long range tries.

Whilst for a Manly fan it may be really hard to admit, but the Bulldogs have come a remarkably long way from last season, with only a few roster changes, and new coaching staff. What hasler has acheived with the Bulldogs this year is nothing short of amazing, even if it's hard to admit.

Everyone is banging on about the Rabbitohs but they are overlooking things. They smashed a REALLY poor Raiders side last week. Before that Melbourne beat them convincingly. Souths have only beaten the Dogs once and that was 20-10 early in the season. Souths have not beaten any of the other top 4 sides though. I reckon they'll choke under pressure.

You grammar and spelling is atrocious.

Well ill jump on the bunnies band wagon for a couple of weeks now, as I have some great mates who are bunnies fan and I would love to see them enjoy the experience of their team winning a GF, out of the three left I could only ever go for the bunnies,

if it is a storm V poodle GF, I have declared next Sunday I will be spending my time rearranging my sock draw.

Also well done Manly for 2012 it was a turbulent year, however I enjoyed the ride there were way more positives to take out of the year then negatives and so looking forward to 2013 and well done Tooves in your first year mate a massive effort on your behalf you took control of a fast sinking ship and steadied it back to calmer waters and kept the bulk of the playing staff under enormous pressure from outside factors, your efforts this year will be there for all to see in 2013.

Go Manly 2013.

I'd like Souths get up tonight but I can't see it happening. Too many things would have to go wrong for Canterbury. I reckon the Bulldogs will go wide early on to surprise Souths and tire them . It could get interesting though if Cannonball Luke , Crocker and S.Burgess decide to leave their "imprint " on the game . When they beat the Bulldogs in their first encounter they had the majority of possession and scored mostly from kicks . I also wonder if Dave Taylor can surpass the benchmark stat established by T Rex last night ? (4 hit ups for 23 hard fought , leg pumping , leave nothing in the tank metres )

voicefromthehill said:
What a rubbish call - Perrett took a dive, he looks up then fakes! Justice that Inu missed

Looks like the Dogs have a feline in their midst. First the Emmy Award winning stuff 15 days ago and now that.

Noting he plays for the Middle Eastern Dishlickers, maybe he should be known as the Polynesian Persian from here on?

Or maybe the Islander Angora?

Meoowww.....

Neither the scumdogs or the bunnies will beat the Storm next week, Souths were on top till they lost their halfback, shame really that kid has a lot of talent but hopefully will recover and be back next year.

Is he a Qlder or NSth Welshman?

MrInvisible said:
Little known fact.. Manly got $90,000 from the NRL for their loss tonight.

Anyway no secret that I'll be backing the Dogs.

Manly were really off the radar tonight, and whilst the Storm weren't brilliant (bombed the knockout punch on Manly a few times before one connected) they did enough for win.

Souths are performing better and improving, BUT their defensive lapses and habit of clocking off during periods of the game can hurt them, in particular against a team like the Bulldogs who lead the comp in long range tries.

Whilst for a Manly fan it may be really hard to admit, but the Bulldogs have come a remarkably long way from last season, with only a few roster changes, and new coaching staff. What hasler has acheived with the Bulldogs this year is nothing short of amazing, even if it's hard to admit.

Everyone is banging on about the Rabbitohs but they are overlooking things. They smashed a REALLY poor Raiders side last week. Before that Melbourne beat them convincingly. Souths have only beaten the Dogs once and that was 20-10 early in the season. Souths have not beaten any of the other top 4 sides though. I reckon they'll choke under pressure.

Oh f*ck.......is this pr*ck back again ? Go play in the middle of the road will ya.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Neither the scumdogs or the bunnies will beat the Storm next week, Souths were on top till they lost their halfback, shame really that kid has a lot of talent but hopefully will recover and be back next year.

Is he a Qlder or NSth Welshman?

Rabbits Jnr I believe.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2