Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seibold has now had a season to assess who he wants in his team and the next bit of retention and recruitment is vital to our success.

It is so important to get this right.

A good thing is we did have some new blood and the problems we have every time Tom gets hurt we have two really good options to replace him.

Next year we need Gordon to step up as the alternative 9 to help compliment the solid work that Croker does.

How do you solve a problem like Josh Schuster?? I want to see them reward performance rather than potential, the ball is squarely in his court.

No excuses next year, top 8 is the goal!

He’s a depth player and has potential, I’m willing to give him a chance
Fair enough, but why recruit someone who is demonstrably no better than Parker and Harper?

Haven’t seen Talau in the Tigers’ firsts for weeks. Was he dropped because he’s leaving, or not even consistently good enough to make first grade at the Concord Barber Shop?

Fair enough, but why recruit someone who is demonstrably no better than Parker and Harper?

Haven’t seen Talau in the Tigers’ firsts for weeks. Was he dropped because he’s leaving, or not even consistently good enough to make first grade at the Concord Barber Shop?
Haven’t watched Talau enough to whether he’s a gooden or not….but maybe like Samuela Fainu he disappeared from first grade when the word got out he was leaving…..

Just look at what Walters has done with Brisbane vs what Seibold did.

Our position on the ladder and our number of wins after Tommy got injured is pathetic.

F for Seibold in 2023.
Walters actually may be a good comparison.

In his third season now. First season finished 14th, second 9th now looking great finishing second.

Seibold needs at least 2024 before we can determine his worth.

Walters actually may be a good comparison.

In his third season now. First season finished 14th, second 9th now looking great finishing second.

Seibold needs at least 2024 before we can determine his worth.
Totally agree. I feel we have improved on last year, but not as much as I’d have liked. I think 24 will be a big year for Siebs and this team. Would love to see a couple let go over the off-season and couple brought in.

Only about two or three additional players hard to see a difference next year?
Several current individuals still on the improve, notably Sipley, Paseka, Bull up front. Burbo, Koula.
Not hard to imagine Tom having a vastly bigger impact next year.
Brooks is also a significant addition.
Gordie also likely to add something.
Wild card... Schuster. He too could have a vastly bigger impact next year. (Will he...? I don't know!)
All up Manly certainly has potential to be a big improver next year.

Going to need a lot better run on the injury front and some resultant continuity and stability trying to have the best players available .
Probably same applies in the defensive area in particular as whether down on troops regularly or even closer to full strength , still leaked a lot or disproportionate amount of points on too many occasions
Certainly got some helpful improvement out of the likes of Bully and Sipps , not helped having some issues at 6 and Alioia and Tuilagi generally underperforming .
Tactics seemed a bit awry sometimes however even up against some pretty average competition at season 's end , had the side playing a much better brand of footy but also including the Panthers and Warriors late season matches
A better run again on the injury front and most of that latter season approach should see improved results . Admittedly really had the side in fairly good touch and commitment level early on in those Storm , Eels games .
Best or as close as possible available personal contributing then but to engender that mindset on a more regular basis , can only assist also

Seibold is taking affirmative action to mould the squad he wants, including letting go of players that haven't performed. It is now up to him & his staff to point the team in the right direction. For much of 2023, our attack was 'cr&p', but there were promising signs in some earlier games (e.g. Raiders) and the last couple of games. Let's hope this continues.

I'm disappointed he didn't retain the Fainus. I expect them to both shine in the NRL in the not too distant future

Judging by who he is waving goodbye to roster wise seems on point and also seemed to be willing to "change things up" instead of getting too stale
Damn tough to rank his performance with another typical injury problem to key players at Manly and I say the Bellamies and other big name coaches have looked ordinary when star players were not available
Personally I'd give him a 7 based on his performance with the cattle available and look forward to the 2024 feeling confident of a very competitive year.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8