Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bellamies and other big name coaches have looked ordinary when star players were not available
Personally I'd give him a 7 based on his performance with the cattle available and look forward to the 2024 feeling confident of a very competitive year.

Bellamy in 2023 not only overcame injury adversity especially to the season ending Papenhouzen how ever you spell his name but also the loss of prominent premiership winning players like Kenny Bromwich, Jesse Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi and Brandon Smith and the storm still made the top 4
resulting in a Bellamy overachievement

A 7 score is an above average 5 score and an overachievement and that is something that Manly did not do this year .

We will agree to disagree as this is what this forum is all about my feathered friend sexy Maxy

Do I support Seibold ?
I support Manly and want Manly to win and the answer is a BIG Yes
Do I respect Seibold ?
Respect is earned not Given

Last edited:
Be careful what we wish for. Eddie may be out of a job very soon and taking up the Sea Eagles assistant coach role. 🤔
1696215014007.png

Attachments

• 1696214971687.png
    1696214971687.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 1
2023 Seibold ranking. 2 out of 10.

We won 4 out of our first 7 games.
Won another 5 out of the next 15 games

We had arguably the best and most experienced assistant coaches.

EPIC FAIL

Just an opinion..,.

If Ivan Cleary coached Manly this year, I think we end up running in a similar position regardless. Penrith are just in a sweet spot with their roster. They've got the best 7 in the game (the most important position) and a host of great athletes across the park. When Cleary was at the Tigers, they came 9th because as good a coach as Ivan is, that Tigers squad has deficiencies much like Manly do at present. Tom never really got going and then missed the back half of year. We had a massive injury crisis in an already average pack of forwards.

If we can stay injury free, I think our roster can make the 8 next year. I don't think we have the forwards to challenge for a premiership. Our coach is not our biggest problem moving forward.

Finishing worse off than the disastrous season where half our starting side unprecedently boycotted a game, followed by us not winning another for the rest of the season (the same year Turbo actually played less games than this year) is a massive fail. And there really isn't any other way to frame that - objectively speaking.

The Flanagan hiring was a complete farce. Years of work grooming our juniors gone in a flash.

Watching last night a big reminder of how far away our club is. I think we'll see more of what Seibold did to the Broncos at Manly next year.

Go the Tigers! ... sorry, Sea Eagles!

Just an opinion..,.

If Ivan Cleary coached Manly this year, I think we end up running in a similar position regardless. Penrith are just in a sweet spot with their roster. They've got the best 7 in the game (the most important position) and a host of great athletes across the park. When Cleary was at the Tigers, they came 9th because as good a coach as Ivan is, that Tigers squad has deficiencies much like Manly do at present. Tom never really got going and then missed the back half of year. We had a massive injury crisis in an already average pack of forwards.

If we can stay injury free, I think our roster can make the 8 next year. I don't think we have the forwards to challenge for a premiership. Our coach is not our biggest problem moving forward.
Yep. Look at the forwards that played last night, and then compare it with our pack......it's really night and day.

We really need ours to be injury free, and play at their very best, to make it to the finals.

And the squad as a whole needs whatever fitness regime the panthers are on......they somehow find another gear when they need to.

I
Yep. Look at the forwards that played last night, and then compare it with our pack......it's really night and day.

We really need ours to be injury free, and play at their very best, to make it to the finals.

And the squad as a whole needs whatever fitness regime the panthers are on......they somehow find another gear when they need to.
I reckon the Penrith fitness is the collective variable fitness of each individual. They have a roster that’s high on lean muscle and fast twitch so they’re quick across the ground and don’t gas…we probably train just as hard but some of our guys are heavy with small engines. I could be wrong but yeah I just reckon each club trains it’s guts out but there’s more to it…no two individuals share an identical physiology and thus will not attain the same fitness levels with the same amount of exertion

This injury free stuff is just a fantasy. Sure when one of the players who misses the season is Turbo it hurts more than anyone else. But In the last 4 years the riff have have had patches where there injury wows just make ours pale into insignificance.

Every time they have won a comp I'm pretty sure Clearly or Luai have needing to play like at their peak in their first game back having been out for about 6 or so games.

So they've got to that spot without their best players

Depth matters. Rehab matters. Having out and stars in your squad matters.

But dealing with, and overcoming injuries is very much part and parcel of what it takes.

It's not Siebold's fault. It's Penns. He keep hiring flakes to replace Manly greats... Penn has brought nothing but mediocrity to this once proud club.

It's not Siebold's fault. It's Penns. He keep hiring flakes to replace Manly greats... Penn has brought nothing but mediocrity to this once proud club.
Never a truer word was spoken. At least not since the last time it was spoken. Or written. Or typed.

Meanwhile:

Q: How do you set up Scott Penn in a small business?

A: Put him in a big business and wait.

Last edited:
Geez Walters has turned that club around makes Seibold look pathetic
Put it down to Donaghy and Ikin who put the right people around Walters and cut out the old boys that weren't adding value

Brisbane is now a well run club again and the results flow even with a coach with spoons to his name and a pretty mediocre origin record as a coach

I am hoping Mestrov is of the same calibre

Last 2 games put a smile on our faces even tho it was only Doggies and Wests. Siebold needs to throw away his p plates and needs to hit the ground running rd 1 in LV.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10