Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is only one way to Earn the Respect of our Legendary club

winners Earn Respect Monday, June

Last edited:
A lot in fact. 3 words...

Defence. Defence. Defence.

Injuries can excuse clunky attack but certainly not defensive systems, and individual desire to implement. This is 100% the responsibility of the head coach, especially one in charge of defence. We are not even competing atm.

Fair - but the players gave up on Des twice in the last 4 years. And leaked a heap of points in the process.

So same old Manly whether it's Des or Seibold.

Fair - but the players gave up on Des twice in the last 4 years. And leaked a heap of points in the process.

The players give up on themselves. Coaches can only try to support them, hide their weaknesses and hope to build some character. Although they started to do that at points during mid-season last year, this squad is the first of Hasler's to never earn the 'resilient' tag. I think he did well to get them on the same page because they look disinterested at the moment.

Trent Robinson best summed what is happening. It's going out there in the right mindset. Approaching the game focused on doing all the 1% things correctly, respecting every opposition, not for 1 minute looking for an easy option. The teams that do this well are the winners because the competition is very close. Bellamy has also commented similar. Until we get a team 100% focused every week then we'll continue to see rocks and diamonds efforts.

Trent Robinson best summed what is happening. It's going out there in the right mindset. Approaching the game focused on doing all the 1% things correctly, respecting every opposition, not for 1 minute looking for an easy option. The teams that do this well are the winners because the competition is very close. Bellamy has also commented similar. Until we get a team 100% focused every week then we'll continue to see rocks and diamonds efforts.
So what’s the next step
Keep hearing that Flanno is an attacking guru but our attack in the past few weeks isn’t anything to crow about
Our defence all year has been non committal at best- disgraceful
Team selection is questionable, particularly the other week when there were four trombones on the bench and two backs were injured
And the best news we hear is that we can have good second halves
My question is , When the f&ck are we going to see 80 minute commitments which include a good ‘first half’
Penn told us last year we have a ‘premiership winning roster’ so why are we 10th?

Overall so far it has been (just) a pass for me, BUT his real test will be the next couple of months. The players are now well into the season grind and it has been a while since all the feel good off season bonding stuff happened.

Last year they gave up (and wasn't that last couple of months a fun time to be a supporter 🙄).

I think if we could just string say two or three wins together (and one of those was a come from behind, against the odds, got dudded by the ref type wins) then the players could potentially turn a corner and the gap between our best and worst could become much more manageable.

One thing I would really like to see from Seibold however is that he makes under performing players earn their right to get back into the squad.

There are some players in our 17 that are too comfortable in being selected each week.

Well as explained in my original post, I don't consider 2020 in this regard.

Without a doubt, last year the players gave up on Des. But again, circumstances were literally unprecedented and untenable, of which were out of Des' control. Aside from the usual injuries that happen at all clubs, Seibold has support throughout the club Des never had and really has no excuse after the sh*tshow he presided over at the Broncos

Garrick ?
Yes, you know the bloke who has entered the upper echelons of pointscoring wizards for the MWSE, going all the way back to 1947. Now sitting on around 850 points, currently seventh on the list, just behind Ron Rowles.

Plus there was this:

“Garrick became the first player in Australian rugby league history to score 20 tries and 100 goals in a senior premiership season with his feats in 2021. He also broke the all-time record for most points by a player in the NRL regular season, beating Hazem El Masri's record of 288 points set in 2004.”

It’s just Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type I (CRPSI) Eagle feeling his stock standard pain. He pops up with those ill-considered diatribes every so often.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8