Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He is suffering from the same thing Des did

Essentially our team is built around a fit and firing Turbo. When he is not playing or is playing like he currently is we just look toothless in attack.

I am not sure considering the nature of the squad he inherited and the clear structures in place much can be done short term. There is clear talent in the squad however it needs time to "cook" in the right way - I am not sure he is the man but it is crazy to think any other coach would have a material impact to our results at this stage of the season

NO
IMO Seibold has 3 weeks to turn this shyte around. We have 3 Sunday arvo games against 3 sides we should beat. Sharks hardly ever beat us at home and the Raiders and Knights are must wins. If it's not 3-0 after that then it's season over and this coach will be consigned to the ranks of fail.
No way are they sacking him this year. They are too proud to admit that they made a bad choice. Changing coach won't do much .... tried that. Roster needs a complete overhaul.

Essentially our team is built around a fit and firing Turbo. When he is not playing or is playing like he currently is we just look toothless in attack.

I am not sure considering the nature of the squad he inherited and the clear structures in place much can be done short term. There is clear talent in the squad however it needs time to "cook" in the right way - I am not sure he is the man but it is crazy to think any other coach would have a material impact to our results at this stage of the season
But, but, but our owner said we have a top 4 squad?

But, but, but our owner said we have a top 4 squad?
We have a competitive squad but we have not been competing
Injuries and set backs are part of the game
Overcoming adversity and resilience is all about well coached teams

The Dolphins over achieved once again and prevailed over the Sharks
The Dolphins did it with 7 regular players out injured
Jesee Bromwich
Mark Nicholls
Sean Osullivan
Euan Aitken
Ray Stone
Brenko Lee
Jack Bostock

At the end of the game day coaches will either over archive or under achieve
and the last thing passionate fans want to hear after a sequence poor teams performance
is a coach making the same old excuses

Ninety Nine % of failures come from people
Who have a habit of making excuses
.......George Washington Carver

How about the players for once pull their heads out of their ar.es and take some responsibility for their poor performances !!!
Apart from the Melbourne game they have played very average and really the fans are so sick of watching this crap.
Coach and Mestrov can only do so much via recruitment, team selections, game plans and motivations ….but at the end of the day they are not the ones dropping balls and missing tackles every week 😡😡😡

Coach and Mestrov can only do so much via recruitment, team selections, game plans and motivations ….but at the end of the day they are not the ones dropping balls and missing tackles every week 😡😡😡
The Mestrov / Seibold excuse perspective ....

Well coached Teams that play with confidence and cohesion makes less mistakes and drop less balls and dont drop their bundle

Mestrov in the beginning of his Honeymoon period was quoted as saying that we have a vey competitive squad of players and our club should have a competitive year
The year offcourse is not over as yet but for the sake of Mestrovs career and our Legendary club
Things turn around and we start overachieving

PENN OUT!!!!!
Agree 100%

Considering almost all of our issues are a result of a lack of corporate governance due to ineffective leadership.

Take the rainbow jersey. Any club with decent structures in place this is at least discussed before going ahead - this did not happen as we did not even have CEO at the time

Agree 100%

Considering almost all of our issues are a result of a lack of corporate governance due to ineffective leadership.

Take the rainbow jersey. Any club with decent structures in place this is at least discussed before going ahead - this did not happen as we did not even have CEO at the time
You are right @Isz , Every one at the club is accountable for not being able to live up to our legendary clubs high standards

And Currently Penn has made amends and we now have a CEO in place

I don't think we can entirely blame the coaches. But it's hard not to make comparisons with teams like the Dolphins who by rights (with their roster and injuries) should be struggling but are currently making us look like reserve graders at best. So it's not a talent issue - that can be ruled out. Therefore it must be a motivation/cohesion issue. And that does fall on the coaches. When a team can come out and perform as well as we did against Melbourne and show energy, commitment and motivation - but then turn in 3 performances like we have in the last 3 weeks where we showed none of those qualities, you need to question the motivational skills of the coaches. Because clearly, the team didn't just suddenly lose all its talent. And yes some injuries contributed but all teams have that to deal with. As I said, look at the Dolphins. They've had injuries but you can not question their commitment. To me it's not the losing that is so much the issue, it's how we lost. And even the 'win' against Tigers was very poor. Lack of commitment to me comes down to coaching.

NO

No way are they sacking him this year. They are too proud to admit that they made a bad choice. Changing coach won't do much .... tried that. Roster needs a complete overhaul.
Look at riff spine of cleary, luai, Edwards then yeo at lock and fisher Harris up front.
We need a rebuild but will owner admit its not a premiership roster ?

I agree our attack looks pretty ordinary, with Turbo's current form not matching that of 2021, however, his numbers weren't too bad at all. If the Telecrap is correct (He had 15 runs for 147m that included three tackle busts, four line break assists and a late try assist). There's no way he would have caught Cobbo and the risk of trying to do so could have caused more injury.

The backline has not been settled all year, and that doesn't help cohesion, structure or set plays. The only player in the Backline to have played every game is DCE, while Turbo and Parker have played 8/9 each.

The first four games was when the team played significantly better than of late, and apart from Schuster and Johns, the backline was consistent, and since then, there have been significant changes every week.

As for Saab rushing in to tackle the opposite centre, leaving his winger exposed, over the weekend, I watched replays of the last two games Manly played, and he does it all the time, so do the other wingers, and clearly it is a defensive strategy of Seibold's, as it worked on all but one occasion and even resulted in a turnover, when Keary was blind-sided by Saab and dropped the ball. Personally, I do not like the strategy, as it leaves space for the opposition winger and a 'lob' pass.

You are right @Isz , Every one at the club is accountable for not being able to live up to our legendary clubs high standards

And Currently Penn has made amends and we now have a CEO in place
Agree - lets hope this lasts a while

Agree, it's like the whole team is marking time till Schuster and Tommy turn the switch on and get this team out of the attacking malaise this team finds it's self in atm.

Coaching seems ok to me.
Players attitudes and efforts have been more up and down than anything and add our usual "Key injuries" problem which has become a part of recent seasons and we are travelling about where we deserve.
Need to improve in the basics, ball control, defensive line speed and pressure, big kick chase and not too far off the better sides, but enough to say at this point not a genuine threat at all.
Hopefully with the addition of some thrust out of dummy half and a better 5/8, can give Manly much needed firepower to build belief and match the big sides.

IMO Seibold has 3 weeks to turn this shyte around. We have 3 Sunday arvo games against 3 sides we should beat. Sharks hardly ever beat us at home and the Raiders and Knights are must wins. If it's not 3-0 after that then it's season over and this coach will be consigned to the ranks of fail.
If we win our next 3 we’ll likely be about 2nd or 3rd on the ladder.

one thing Des was good at was giving the attack structure the direct sweeping backline plays with dummy runners. It often worked in our favor even without turbo at times. again this is why he resigned Foran much to the aghast of many.

What I'm seeing right now is a flat attack unable to make the extra man. Tom at the moment is often confronted by 2 or 3 defenders over the last 5 or 6 weeks because what's happening on the inside just isn't working.

yes, Shoe injured is a major issue BUT as I said last year when there were calls for Des to go whoever replaced him needed to be better. So far im seeing a side leaking just as many points and an attack lost and confused.

Seibold and Flanno need to sort something really quick or the bell will start tolling.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8