Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seibold on a hiding to nothing
Working with a squad that he had little do with when he started
Brought Weekes in that most said he must start he was good in patches but Seibold needs more than just patches of form
Gave Garrick a shot in the centres wasn’t all that impressive there , Turbo gets injured has to revert back to Garrick
Schuster gets injured than needs to get himself right plenty of disruption there
Brings in Arthur had to do something C Johns wasn’t the answer
Brings in Woods hmm well not his best call there but he is cheap
Brings in Lodge makes a difference good call there but now his gone for the season along with 2 props Paseka and Aloia
Origin wasn’t kind to Manly either
Plenty of disruption in the squad all year and they are just a few from the season
I’ll give Seibold the benefit of the doubt
Next year will be his defining year with a few of his additions and an another off season for him
Again , you can’t talk logic on here , they just don’t get it, but for the record I think you are right .

What Siebold actually said:

"The Roosters won the physical battle tonight. Most of the little contests in the game - whether it's a physicality thing or an effort thing - they probably won just about all of them. The guys kept fighting to the end but we just weren't where we need to be to beat a good team. Regardless of where they are on the ladder they are always a physical challenge and they won that challenge tonight. We were still throwing some punches at the end but we didn't get it quite right when the game was on the line." - Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold

Fairly accurate summation - I can't argue with any of that. The Roosters won the physical battle last night, and therefore won the game. End of story.
That is true
Seibold did not say he was proud
But at the end of the day and at the end of the NRL season We are not defined by what we say . We are all defined by what we do
And it is fair to say Seibolds first year was not satisfactory
As no Club is satisfied by missing out in the finals
No finals equates to failure in a results driven business

We can now once again join the Mediocre West Tigers and Pascoe and Co and sit out another finals series and watch the other teams do their clubs and supporters proud

Last edited:
Brought Weekes in that most said he must start he was good in patches but Seibold needs more than just patches of form
Gave Garrick a shot in the centres wasn’t all that impressive there , Turbo gets injured has to revert back to Garrick
Schuster gets injured than needs to get himself right plenty of disruption there
Brings in Lodge makes a difference good call there but now his gone for the season along with 2 props Paseka and Aloia
Plenty of disruption in the squad all year and they are just a few from the season
Next year will be his defining year with a few of his additions and an another off season for him
A number of your arguments are ridiculous.

Seibold is responsible for bringing Weekes in and then dumping him after playing Kao at nine, six and one.

Siebold is responsible for signing Jake Arthur.

Siebold is responsible for signing Cooper Johns.

Seibold is responsible for signing Aaron Woods.

Siebold is responsible for not providing support to Lachlan Croker.

The Matthew Lodge signing was Jake's idea as per Seibold.

Injuries happen to every side.

This guy doesn't talk like a first grade coach. He is a pretender, continually trying to convince the world, and himself, that he belongs as a head NRL coach

I wish he would just STFU. Give me mumbling old Des any day of the week - hilarious and entertaining watching him avoid saying anything at all. Guys like Wayne and Des couldn't give two sh*ts what anyone outside of their players thought about them. Seibold is so bloody insecure, it's as if that's all he cares about. Creating a narrative, being bum chums with the journos, just bs bs bs...
he is clearly trying to say the right things to impress Penn pusher

Also, the fact there is no continuity is also partly Spoony's fault.

Weekes was thrown into three different spine positions in successive rounds before being dropped indefinitely.

Fainu, Bullemore, Keppie, and Sipley have been in the team, then out of the team, then in the team again. Meanwhile, Shazza gets picked every week.

His team selections reek of desperation.

The team desperately needs another nine to support Lachlan. This is so bleeding obvious. Even my wife who is a part time observer of the NRL can see this. Everyone but our coach can identify the need to play another hooker on the bench. Why not play GCKT off the bench? It's indefensible.

Every day there is an article or a news report about our assistant coach working for the opposition. I have NEVER seen this kind of bullsh1t unfolding at another club.

A number of your arguments are ridiculous.

Seibold is responsible for bringing Weekes in and then dumping him after playing Kao at nine, six and one.

Siebold is responsible for signing Jake Arthur.

Siebold is responsible for signing Cooper Johns.

Seibold is responsible for signing Aaron Woods.

Siebold is responsible for not providing support to Lachlan Croker.

The Matthew Lodge signing was Jake's idea as per Seibold.

Injuries happen to every side.
Weekes was sh1t.…. He gave him a chance in 3 positions and he failed all 3.….. People on here promoted him like a Messiah… he ain't no Messiah!

Just sayin’

I’m so
Having won just 45% of his games with us (9 from 20) with one of the bottom tier defense's in the league, you'd think he'd try and be a little more humble.

I know I keep saying this, but Penn claiming this is a premiership side, and Mestrov claiming we are in our premiership window - it just screams of dillusion.

I have no idea who they are trying to convince here, but it's just embarrassing. We are closer to a wooden spoon than a premiership.

Our forwards are a joke. Our team selections a shambles. Our coaching staff aren't even committed to us. Our salary cap a mess. Our roster mostly made of glass.

We lack passion, fitness, mobility, intensity, effort, class, skill, ability - that's the reality of it. We aren't a team that inspires a person to watch - it's the same old crap week in, week out. Who wants to fork out money to watch this current group? It's completely rudderless.

Speechless. You covered it all.

NYEagle

Weekes was sh1t.…. He gave him a chance in 3 positions and he failed all 3.….. People on here promoted him like a Messiah… he ain't no Messiah!

Just sayin’
It was obvious young Kao wasn't ready for first grade before he played six and one.

But not to coach Spoony.

Having won just 45% of his games with us (9 from 20) with one of the bottom tier defense's in the league, you'd think he'd try and be a little more humble.

I know I keep saying this, but Penn claiming this is a premiership side, and Mestrov claiming we are in our premiership window - it just screams of dillusion.

I have no idea who they are trying to convince here, but it's just embarrassing. We are closer to a wooden spoon than a premiership.

Our forwards are a joke. Our team selections a shambles. Our coaching staff aren't even committed to us. Our salary cap a mess. Our roster mostly made of glass.

We lack passion, fitness, mobility, intensity, effort, class, skill, ability - that's the reality of it. We aren't a team that inspires a person to watch - it's the same old crap week in, week out. Who wants to fork out money to watch this current group? It's completely rudderless.
Unfortunately generally I can't disagree - extremely disappointing

the facts to much for you mate?
What you said Seibold said:

This clown is kidding himself , what a load of **** in the press conference

“i was really proud of the boys, we kept throwing punches at the end there”

he must have said this 3 times

give it a rest clown 🤡
What Seibold actually said:

"The Roosters won the physical battle tonight. Most of the little contests in the game - whether it's a physicality thing or an effort thing - they probably won just about all of them. The guys kept fighting to the end but we just weren't where we need to be to beat a good team. Regardless of where they are on the ladder they are always a physical challenge and they won that challenge tonight. We were still throwing some punches at the end but we didn't get it quite right when the game was on the line." - Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold

Do you know what a fact is?

Weekes was thrown into three different spine positions in successive rounds before being dropped indefinitely.

Fainu, Bullemore, Keppie, and Sipley have been in the team, then out of the team, then in the team again. Meanwhile, Shazza gets picked every week.

The team desperately needs another nine to support Lachlan. This is so bleeding obvious. Even my wife who is a part time observer of the NRL can see this. Everyone but our coach can identify the need to play another hooker on the bench. Why not play GCKT off the bench? It's indefensible.

Every day there is an article or a news report about our assistant coach working for the opposition. I have NEVER seen this kind of bullsh1t

Every day there is an article or a news report about our assistant coach working for the opposition. I have NEVER seen this kind of bullsh1t unfolding at another club.
I think the reason he isn't playing GCKT is because his strength/tackling consistency isnt where it needs to be, I know someone will pull up his stats and say he isnt that bad defensively, guess you cant factor in that 1st grade players are faster and more powerful than most reserve graders, and this will be exploited.
expect to see him in 1st grade next year after a good of season.

Can I suggest before some of you come on here and reveal yourself as knowing nothing about the subject of a forum you are a member of and are posting about you take a deep breath and calm down.

Teams don't win if a front rower gets taken out in the first five minutes of the game if he is your best front rower and if your next three are out injured and your star player is out.

The team went well, shusters probably played 12 games at 6 and 5 with DCE, East's were off side and walked off the mark all night. They were playing unlimited tackle Rugby league against Manly and only the home crowd reminded Klein he needed to give a penalty away to the roosters. Dummy half service is terrible and backs depth is poor.

What good does it do to get on here and bang on about things that were unavoidable and players unavailable.

Ive seen significant improvement in this team and am bouyed by the signings coming next year and looks like Lodge might be cheap enough now to grab another good prop
Other teams do win - Manly doesn't.. One player out & we're farked. Look at the panthers - missing Mr. perfect but still winning. Manly are on the ladder where we deserve to be. Top half of the bottom 8. We don't have the cattle. Idiot owner thinks we do. Idiot hires other idiot & proven loser - where does that leave us - where we are. Bottom 8 & fodder for the good teams.

Good post this one , it was always going to be a 3 year tenure , with him having to put runs on the board by year 2.

I always laugh when it’s all to do with the coach , although I agree some of it IS.

The coach isn’t on the field , the coach doesn’t give up when the going gets a bit tough, the coach might have a good plan but doesn’t mean the players will follow it , the coach doesn’t drop the ball , or give away penalties. AND the coach doesn’t plan for his players to be injured.

Wouldn’t matter if we had Bellamy & Bennett as head coaches , a ** roster is still a ** roster.

And currently , ours isn’t complete ****, but it sure isn’t 5 star !!

But the owner told us this was a premiership roster, and his is the only opinion that can be right.

2023 is a the dress rehearsal for 2024. Nothing will change. This is what we will be seeing next year. Mediocrity

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8